You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-04-01] Man Utd vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Manchester United will win
6%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
87%

Total votes : 53

Re: [2014-04-01] Man Utd vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:56 am

Dalv wrote:Dante: “Robin van Persie is a world-class striker, but we have no need to fear United. We’re ready for them. We’ll need to be awake right from the start in Manchester. The atmosphere there is intimidating. They have plenty of experience in the squad, and world-class individuals. We have to be on our guard.”

Fixing Dante's quote:

“Robin van Persie is an injured striker, but we have no need to fear United. We’re ready for them. They’ll need to be awake right from the start in Manchester. The atmosphere there is intimidating. They have plenty of experience in the squad, and world-class individuals. They have to be on their guard.”

Because, you know, neither van Persie nor Dante are playing in Manchester.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:05 pm

You do realize people won't be satisfied with Bayern's performance unless something close to illegal happens on the pitch, don't you? The sporting equivalent of rape, bloodshed or even manslaughter are the only satisfying criteria I'm afraid.
tflags

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:06 pm

tflags wrote:or even manslaughter

Manslaughter would imply that there was no intent. I think cold-blooded mass murder is the term you were looking for.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MatZam » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:43 pm

tflags wrote:You do realize people won't be satisfied with Bayern's performance unless something close to illegal happens on the pitch, don't you? The sporting equivalent of rape, bloodshed or even manslaughter are the only satisfying criteria I'm afraid.

Yep.

Seriously though, are any of you expecting some (a minority) of Manchester United supporters to turn up just to abuse Moyes? I know quite a number of Manchester United supporters (both friends and on forums) that want as to thump them just so they sack him (not that I believe they will).

Unless Januzaj plays, at least they can't accuse us of corruption of minors at least :P
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby United83 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:57 pm

MatZam wrote:
tflags wrote:You do realize people won't be satisfied with Bayern's performance unless something close to illegal happens on the pitch, don't you? The sporting equivalent of rape, bloodshed or even manslaughter are the only satisfying criteria I'm afraid.

Yep.

Seriously though, are any of you expecting some (a minority) of Manchester United supporters to turn up just to abuse Moyes? I know quite a number of Manchester United supporters (both friends and on forums) that want as to thump them just so they sack him (not that I believe they will).

Unless Januzaj plays, at least they can't accuse us of corruption of minors at least :P

So far, the vast majority of match-going fans have been very supportive for Moyes and the team, and even during the lastest drubbing against City the fans were still cheering. That considered, I wouldn't expect anything directed negatively towards Moyes on Tuesday by the attending fans. We've had a shocking season (obviously) but our supporters have been fantastic, cheering throughout, despite the results.

Personally I'd love to see the back of Moyes. He's a nice guy and I have nothing against him personally, but he just isn't big enough to be the manager of our club, and it will only get worse with him in charge.

After the brief bit of false confidence I felt after a couple of decent performances, the City game at weekend has convinced me Bayern will absolutely walk through this United team. I see a 0-6 aggregate with two very easy three nil's for Bayern.
United83
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby United83 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:01 pm

Also, I can't help but wonder about the two people who have voted for United to win in the poll. Are they lurking United fans, or ridiculously pessimistic Bayern fans? :lol:
United83
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bounce wit me » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:29 pm

FC Bayern are certainly the better side this time around. I will be very glad with any positive result. I am not expecting a thrashing; nobody should. I would be pleased if we drew with at least one away goal. The Champions League brings out a certain fire in footballers, the mentality is different to regular league play.

I can assure you that if Bayern wins by one goal, or the club achieves a 1:1, or 2:2 draw, there will be a group of fans who will be upset because they do not have the bragging rights of having "destroyed" the opposition. I saw that there were a few supporters that had the idea that Arsenal must be destroyed so their fans can keep quiet. That mentality shocks me, as it seems that winning is just not enough for a few people.

We have been stronger in away matches this season, especially against the good competition. Dortmund, Manchester City, Arsenal, and now Manchester United. I am confident in a victory for Bayern - I predicted a 1-3 victory - simply due to our splendid away form, but I will not be disappointed in a goal-scoring draw, or a slender victory.

My only hope is that the referee is fair, that there are no wrong decisions made, and that FC Bayern can continue on their quest to achieve two consecutive Champions League titles. :)
bounce wit me
Getting the hang of it

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Pep on the game vs MU and about our 1st title
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MatZam » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:57 am

“People are aware there is a squad that is a bit more ageing, so I think it would have been a tough season for whoever was in charge of Manchester United this year.

“And I actually think if Sir Alex was here this year it would be difficult for Sir Alex as well and I’m sure he would be aware of it.

“It could have been the case no matter what this season, but it has been so un-Man United, which is why we have to look to continue a policy of building, improving, getting better and that’s what we’ll try and do.” - David Moyes

:shock:

I never thought he would go this far. He's insulting one of the best managers ever and a man who most United supporters regard as a second father (well the ones I know anyways).

Is he actually trying to get sacked before Tuesday?
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:12 am

Ferguson would not have won the league again this season. But he would not be struggling at mid-table either.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:33 am

MatZam wrote:He's insulting one of the best managers ever and a man who most United supporters regard as a second father (well the ones I know anyways).

I don't see anything insulting actually with what he said. On the contrary he's looking up to him and using him as a benchmark for brilliance, saying that even Sir Alex (i.e. the great one) would have had problems, so why wouldn't he (Moyes)?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MatZam » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:33 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Ferguson would not have won the league again this season. But he would not be struggling at mid-table either.

I am of the same opinion as you. I definitely believe he would be in a Champions League spot, and for Moyes to say he would have struggled (Ferguson's lowest ever finish in the Premier league being 3rd) isn't helping his own position. He's also basically said that a number of his players are too old to play well Bearing in mind that these players have won practically everything there is to win in club football, whilst he's won jack ****, isn't exactly inspiring confidence and good relations.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:35 am

But why does he say there is an age problem? Some players are old but plenty of them are not. Januzaj, Mata, Rooney, Fellaini, Rafael, De Gea, Valencia or Kagawa - they are all still Young (pun intended).
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby lau03143 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:37 am

MatZam wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Ferguson would not have won the league again this season. But he would not be struggling at mid-table either.

I am of the same opinion as you. I definitely believe he would be in a Champions League spot, and for Moyes to say he would have struggled (Ferguson's lowest ever finish in the Premier league being 3rd) isn't helping his own position. He's also basically said that a number of his players are too old to play well Bearing in mind that these players have won practically everything there is to win in club football, whilst he's won jack ****, isn't exactly inspiring confidence and good relations.

Just because they 'have won everything' doesn't mean that they can expect to keep on playing. Moyes can't rebuild a whole squad in one or two transfer windows.

The team Moyes did inherit was too old, last season was one of the weakest on PL history with Chelsea and City in disarray and Arsenal being Arsenal.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:45 am

You're reading too much into Manchester United's Premier League position. This is a Champions League match, and Moyes' matches in the Champions League have been great thus far. He's demolished Bayer Leverkusen 9-2 on aggregate for example. Would you have bet that Ferguson would have managed that?

Out of 4 tries, Ferguson won 2-0 and 2-1 against Leverkusen and then drew 1-1 and 2-2.
Moyes has 2 wins out of 2, scoring more goals against Leverkusen than in the 4 matches Ferguson coached against them.

Moyes has only lost 1 CL match so far. 5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss.
At this stage last season under Ferguson they had 4 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses and were already eliminated.

Their old players don't care about winning the Premier League for the 12th time or so in their career. They want to make one last good Champions League run and leave on a high. And in the Champions League they've been convincing in all but one match.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League