You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-19] Lyon vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will progress to the final
100%
End of the road
No votes

Total votes : 18

Re: [2020-08-19] Lyon vs Bayern Munich

Postby zozon » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:43 pm

Pep lost that match, Garcia didnt win it per se.
A garbage can would've coached City better for that game.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:46 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:I am not too worried since Garcia has never beat Bayern when he has been the manager and 2 of his last 4 games versus Bayern was those time we destroyed AS Roma and the other when we defeat Lille 7-1 in the year we won the treble.
Damn, I hadn’t realised that. That makes me even more confident that the defensive vulnerabilities I noticed vs City weren’t a one-off.

For all the shit Man City get for losing it is also fair to say Lyon had lady lucky smiling towards them. Sterling's miss being the biggest one as well as a fair amount of other errors from Man City they were able to capitalize on.

This. I said it before and of course you don't win games by winning the stat-sheet, but if you hadn't seen the goals scored in that game or the final scoreline - just the in-between - you would probably assume City won it. City were the better team, measurably so. The same was true for Juventus. And I'd bet good money if Sterling scores that sitter, City go on to win it and nobody's saying a thing today about how Lyon played well. But sometimes the ball falls your way. Still, if we even turn in an "average" (post-restart) performance we should be okay. I don't think Lyon playing a great game will be enough on its own. We will also have to have a poor performance on our end. As long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot....
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:15 pm

dras_l wrote:Game will be everything than walk in the park. Most probably Garcia is repeating to the team: “If we pass Bayern, we will win UCL because we know how to play against PSG.”. For them it’s to play UCL next year or not. Their game style reminds me on Atletico, we just need to be caution not to concede goal first. But as many already wrote, we should stick to the squad who played against Barca, not to experiment with the team as Pep did.
Amen
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby amaurer » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:13 pm

Time for Lewandowski to shine in front of whole Europe in decisive knockout.
I found him a bit nervous against Barcelona and he missed a couple of clear chances, but he destroys teams like Lyon every weekend

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
amaurer
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:31 pm

amaurer wrote:Time for Lewandowski to shine in front of whole Europe in decisive knockout.
I found him a bit nervous against Barcelona and he missed a couple of clear chances, but he destroys teams like Lyon every weekend

I disagree. He missed some chances with only one he should have scored but overall he was very much involved in the pressing and build up play in vs Barca and the whole UCL knockout this season. I expect he will continue his good form till the final.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:23 pm

amaurer wrote:Time for Lewandowski to shine in front of whole Europe in decisive knockout.

Are you kidding me ?????????????????
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:39 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:

What are you talking about? His first sentence?
Then I would agree...

But the rest seems rick solid to me... Lewa could’ve five upped Barca even before HT...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:41 pm

Physical dominance - German pressing machine! 8)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Anon P » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:19 am

I'm bored. Let me play devil's advocate:
4-3-1-2
Neuer
Pavard - Boateng - Alaba - Davies
Kimmich Thiago Goretzka
Muller
Lewandowski - Gnabry

certainly not my 1st choice setup though. Also, this setup allows you to fit kimmich and pavard w/o giving up Leon or Thiago, although Perisc/Coman are benched
Anon P
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby amaurer » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:57 am

YlonenXabi wrote:

I didn't said he played badly ! Good game and team work + superb assist.

I said that he still needs a Ronaldo or Messi-like performance meaning scoring 2 or more in a UCL semi for example. Thing he hasn't done for us yet , and that people (even here) are still reproaching him.
I would love to see him do so in semis or in final this year, and Lyon seems a good candidate...

amaurer
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
France

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:38 am

dras_l wrote:Game will be everything than walk in the park. Most probably Garcia is repeating to the team: “If we pass Bayern, we will win UCL because we know how to play against PSG.”. For them it’s to play UCL next year or not. Their game style reminds me on Atletico, we just need to be caution not to concede goal first. But as many already wrote, we should stick to the squad who played against Barca, not to experiment with the team as Pep did.
We would have destroyed this Atletico.

You’ll see. I am not usually one to say this sort of thing, I am always cautious, but it is very clear that we are on a different planet in terms of level and this is just nerves. There is no reason why we won’t take them apart like we do most Bundesliga teams, as long as the players are focused.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bmguy » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:47 am

This lyon is a lot tougher than Barca as they can press and they press really well.

If our defense plays like what we did in the early stages of the 1st half against Barcelona, weak on high ball and left big gaps on Davies side, we'll pay the price
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby Evan van Essen » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:21 am

Would love to see coco start against his old side even though its not gonna happen. Atleast give him 30-40 minutes on the pitch.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk
Evan van Essen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby longeleven » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:03 am

amaurer wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:

I didn't said he played badly ! Good game and team work + superb assist.

I said that he still needs a Ronaldo or Messi-like performance meaning scoring 2 or more in a UCL semi for example. Thing he hasn't done for us yet , and that people (even here) are still reproaching him.
I would love to see him do so in semis or in final this year, and Lyon seems a good candidate...

no no no and no.

I love to see we out-rank the whole world by the big brain, not the quick feet.
we don't need fancy goals, we want a lot of goals to destroy them spirit and make them feeling scared whenever they meet us again.
we press, steal the ball, pass and tap in, or straight and simple shot, or clear heading. nothing else. i would love to see that football for the rest of my life.
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:55 pm

Can't lie lads. More nervous about this match than the Barcelona one
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League