You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-19] Lyon vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will progress to the final
100%
End of the road
No votes

Total votes : 18

Re: [2020-08-19] Lyon vs Bayern Munich

Postby machkover » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:43 am

MUTU wrote:Here's mine:

Coutinho has (finally) earned his place in the XI, in my humble opinion.

Also, I think Süle needs to start.

I d rather opt for pavard instead of sūle who is not a quick defender . i dont worry whoever Start on thé left be it either koman ,cautinho or perisiç .Any of thèm will do a grenat job there . go Bayern . go for thé title !!
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:12 am

machkover wrote:
MUTU wrote:Here's mine:

Coutinho has (finally) earned his place in the XI, in my humble opinion.

Also, I think Süle needs to start.

I d rather opt for pavard instead of sūle who is not a quick defender . i dont worry whoever Start on thé left be it either koman ,cautinho or perisiç .Any of thèm will do a grenat job there . go Bayern . go for thé title !!

To be fair, last season Süle was clocked as Bayern’s fastest player...
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bmguy » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:43 am

Stick to the winning team, Boateng is great at delivering long balls, no other CBS can do that. He's and kimmich and Thiago are our playmakers.
Coutinho and coman will continue on the bench, it's a lot harder to break the opponents defense at the beginning of the match than what coutinho did in the end last match.
Their skill is helpful against wearing legs and could finish the game for us.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby bartsch » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:27 am

Making the tournament 1 game knockout format is dangerous: normally there is a second leg in which City would’ve surely come back to win. Even that one year we lost to Porto but on the return leg we crushed them by 5 goals or so.

For this reason the match can not be taken lightly. A two-legged tie usually enforces that the best team wins, a knockout match can, however, be won by any team on the night.
bartsch
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby vtotheinay » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:26 am

If you call sule slow you've never really watched him play. He's very fast especially for someone his height, and as mentioned last page he was measured as the fastest player on our team last season. He is a much better threat to neutralize pacy attacks than boateng.

From February 2019:

"Niklas Sule is Bayern's fastest player this season, he has registered a top speed of 34.8 km/h."

For comparison's sake, this season, davies broke the all time bundesliga speed record at 36.51 km/h and pavard's top speed was measured at 32.53 km/h

Obviously the measurements don't tell the whole picture, but Sule is anything but slow.

Here's a link to the measurements from Dec 2019 if anyone wants to see the speeds of our full squad at that time before Davies broke the record =D>

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2 ... me-boateng
vtotheinay
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby miera82 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:13 am

Kimmich,Davies,Boateng got Yellow
If there get another Yellow vs LYON
Can them play at final ?
miera82
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malaysia

Postby cuil » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:28 am

No. Current rule is:

51.04 Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals.
cuil
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby aterford » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:55 am

cuil wrote:No. Current rule is:

51.04 Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals.

That rule was changed for this season in particular. Cards reset this year at the conclusion of the round of 16 rather than the quarter-finals, but ultimately the result is basically the same. They (Kimmich, Davies, Boateng) are all just on one yellow now (if my count is right), and would need to reach three in order to get suspended. Given there is only two matches left, of course, it'd require two yellow cards in the semifinal...
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:00 am

Throwback to last time.

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:45 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:03 pm

I just realised that before yesterday's win, Lyon had a streak of 4 losses in a row (one of them on penalties), with their previous win going back to 1st March 2020. It's a great time to start Suele. We needn't be afraid of these guys... just keep it cool, concentrate, and the win will come.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:58 pm

Their weaknesses imo lies on their RWB
The guy looked very nervous and prone for fouls when pressed.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:15 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Their weaknesses imo lies on their RWB
The guy looked very nervous and prone for fouls when pressed.

Hope he doesn't injure Phonzie then.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:20 pm

we need to start with same XI. Perisic did great and he is way better than both Coutinho and Coman when it comes to pressing and tracking back and is always good for a goal or an assist.

I cant believe some of you are still talking trash about Boateng. He did a great job against Barca, cleared so many dangerous balls. That suarez move was world class and would take out any other top defender. Alaba made 2 huge mistakes and even scores an own goal and noone even mentions him.
we need Boateng and his experience in these games. His long balls and playing from the back is world class and we are better at controling the game with him.

Coutinho and Coman can come in in 2nd half and do their magic when Lyon players are tired. Use Pavard if we need to tighten things at the back and defend a good result.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Lukas » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:38 pm

BT sport have just mentioned our high line again.
During their coverage of Man U v Sevilla in a competition we haven’t competed in for 12 years
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League