You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-19] Lyon vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will progress to the final
100%
End of the road
No votes

Total votes : 18

Re: [2020-08-19] Lyon vs Bayern Munich

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:09 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Here’s a crazy thought: Boateng could also be replaced by Pavard.

It seems many agree Süle should start ahead of him, but realistically do any of you think it will happen?
No. If that were on the cards, then Flick would have sent Süle in at half-time yesterday.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:23 pm

Lucas on one leg is a better CB than Pavard.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:58 pm

Book Lyon in the semis!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:02 pm

Davies alone stops all of Lyon's goal chances tonight. Hard not to think we don't have this in the bag.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:07 pm

I want to be everything else but cocky before the game against Lyon. It looked like a protocol game for City, but just look at the things a couple hours later.

Let's be humble, play our game and win this one (despite playing against my second favourite team).

Can't see tweet? Click here!
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:13 pm

Ah great, I think we need to play Pavard, he'll be raring to go against a French club.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:24 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:I want to be everything else but cocky before the game against Lyon. It looked like a protocol game for City, but just look at the things a couple hours later.

Let's be humble, play our game and win this one (despite playing against my second favourite team).

Can't see tweet? Click here!

well said... first reaction would be to think it's a step on the way to the end for Bayern, but Lyon DID just knock out both Juve and Man City. More than anything, they look hungry and motivated - sometimes that DOES go a long way. Plus, we have to be careful with the high line defense...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:54 pm

The way I see it:

Lyon played a good performance. It would not have been enough to take us down. They can’t get much better than tonight. Their defence was completely exposed so many times that if we were playing tonight it would be another goalfest.

City played a terrible game. They could only have improved.

I’m over the moon. We still need to take them seriously but as long as we show up and keep our focus there is no reason we shouldn’t make the final. Completely in our hands.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:57 pm

The whole farmers league stuff is typical PL arrogance. Remind me who the current world champions are?
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:58 pm

Lukas wrote:The whole farmers league stuff is typical PL arrogance. Remind me who the current world champions are?
And, despite being shit now, their predecessors...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:58 pm

Lukas wrote:The whole farmers league stuff is typical PL arrogance. Remind me who the current world champions are?

Ironically, since we're talking about clubs, that would be Liverpool.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:59 pm

MUTU wrote:

Ironically, since we're talking about clubs, that would be Liverpool.
Wonder if they'll defend it
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:10 pm

Let's see if it is even held...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:03 am

Lyon will certainly be feeling motivated and up for the match after knocking out two teams that many would consider "giants" - Juve and City - but I have to think that we will be the ones to cause the clock to strike midnight on Cinderella.

Don't get me wrong: Lyon executed their gameplan fairly well today. But on the whole I'm not convinced they were the better team. If you didn't see the goals scored, I think you'd probably assume this match was an easy City win. Of course anything can happen - that was clear today. But I don't think Lyon were clearly better than City and I think you can make the same argument for Lyon vs Juve.

FWIW, Juve were ahead of Lyon on xG in both legs and City finished well ahead of Lyon on xG today.
Lopes had a really great game but I was shocked that City never capitalized on his poor ball control - he did really well to stop a number of shots, but many times he spilled the ball and it was just begging to be poked home on a tap-in. Like I said - a good performance, but really surprised City never hammered one of those poorly-handled saves into the net.

So, we will see. I have a feeling the last couple of matches probably represent their ceiling, but maybe I am wrong. Without something flukey happening - as long as we can put in the same level of performance we've had for the past couple of weeks, we should feel confident.

As it relates to our lineup: I wouldn't really expect any changes. Pavard might be more defensively stable than Kimmich at the moment but we're not going to change that up at this point, IMO. Thiago was great vs Chelsea, Goretzka great vs Barca, so I wouldn't really argue for benching either. Perisic played just fine and I would expect him to start. Maybe the only small question mark is Boateng but outside of Suarez' goal he's been very good and I think he's quite important to Flick's tactics. So I suspect he will also be starting, barring injury.
I would expect similar subs to our past matches, too. Probably Coman, Sule, Coutinho, maybe Lucas at some point, but I wouldn't expect anything too crazy.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby OhioFan » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:25 am

It would take PEP stupidity (arrogance) to change a lineup that has been working. Hansi doesn't play that insanity.

You win with what got you there.

Pavard won't be ready, even for the final if we make it there.
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League