You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-19] Lyon vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will progress to the final
100%
End of the road
No votes

Total votes : 18

Re: [2020-08-19] Lyon vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:34 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:No matter the opponent, I think Flick should change 2 things:

- Start Pavard as a RB, as I'm much more confidend with him instead of Kimmich on the RB and put Joshua in the midfield again. Kimmich is the motor of the team and turning Pavard on the right will bring him back at his old role.
- Süle/Lucas over Boateng againt City/Lyon all day everyday. Barca were playing slow and with almost 0 build-up, but our defense didn't look so great despite the huge win. With a lot of countre-attacks expected against us from both teams, I think the slow reaction of Boateng on 1 on 1 situations and chasing back/sprints can be something which can cost us a game.

Easier said than done. Who do you bench if you reintroduce Pavard, Thiago or Goretzka?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:35 pm

Lukas wrote:Really hope Lyon pull off a miracle just so I can enjoy the game on Wednesday with not Brit media bias

How many times do you think the commentators will mention Bayern's high defence line during tonight's match?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:47 pm

MUTU wrote:

- Start Pavard as a RB, as I'm much more confidend with him instead of Kimmich on the RB and put Joshua in the midfield again. Kimmich is the motor of the team and turning Pavard on the right will bring him back at his old role.
- Süle/Lucas over Boateng againt City/Lyon all day everyday. Barca were playing slow and with almost 0 build-up, but our defense didn't look so great despite the huge win. With a lot of countre-attacks expected against us from both teams, I think the slow reaction of Boateng on 1 on 1 situations and chasing back/sprints can be something which can cost us a game.

Easier said than done. Who do you bench if you reintroduce Pavard, Thiago or Goretzka?

Hehe, I guess Goretzka. :) But to be honest, I think this is how things will remain against Manchester City although I would rather see Pavard as our starting RB than Kimmich. The German did his job against Chelsea well and against Barcelona brilliantly.
Flick will have to make a decision just as he made with Perišić starting over Coman last night.

That goal which Kimmich scored and Davies assisted only shows how Kimmich can't live and breathe on the pitch without being around 16m box or 20-25 meters away in center area. That's what I have noticed against Chelsea, in few occassions in Munich he looked like he was playing CM and dictating game and not RB, really out of position.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:59 pm

What do you propose we do with Thiago and Goretzka? If Kimmich is moved to MF, one of them has to go back to the bench (and I think it's preposterous to even consider doing that).

Funnily enough, if Pavard has to start at RB, IMO Kimmich should be on the bench.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:02 pm

The idea of Süle and Pavard fixing what has been pretty much apparent all season is... Funny...

Here’s the deal: our defense was shaky with Pavard as well, against teams even much worse than Barca...

We managed to pull clean sheets with team effort and tactics though... So here’s what to do...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:04 pm

#12 wrote:The idea of Süle and Pavard fixing what has been pretty much apparent all season is... Funny...

Here’s the deal: our defense was shaky with Pavard as well, against teams even much worse than Barca...

We managed to pull clean sheets with team effort and tactics though... So here’s what to do...
Yes, Süle is not my ideal CB (although I'll give him another chance to convince me under Flick). The issue is our squad is what it is, and we have Shitty (or Lyon) coming up and we have to do whatever we can to ameliorate that deficiency.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:07 pm

Imagine if people were being half as critical on Pavard as they have been on Kimmich lol. Unbelievable double standards. The RB position has never been better this season.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:09 pm

MUTU wrote:

This is the problems which (I was waitng for so long) a great club with competition for places should expect!
The Goretzka-Kimmich connection was working really fine for almost 2 months, so I guess I would bet on them.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby zozon » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:10 pm

Well, Perisic delivered when it mattered, not on 5-2. Not trying to undervalue Coutinho's game yesterday, but Perisic as a starter is a must.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:21 pm

MUTU wrote:

Thiago hands down
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:22 pm

MUTU wrote:
Lukas wrote:Really hope Lyon pull off a miracle just so I can enjoy the game on Wednesday with not Brit media bias

How many times do you think the commentators will mention Bayern's high defence line during tonight's match?

Every time someone like Sterling gets anywhere near the box I reckon
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:25 pm

TBH we were caught more than once.
We need to be very careful.
We may say a lot of long passes over our attacking full backs.
We can be slaughtered easily
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:33 pm

ramsej84 wrote:TBH we were caught more than once.

Thanks Rio ;)
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:36 pm

Lukas wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:TBH we were caught more than once.

Thanks Rio ;)
Say*
See.

Really, I was very worried in the first half.
Both davies and Josh were caught on one foot... in fact the own goal was the result of such errors.
Against City the RB whoever he is has to stay down as much as he can.
We have to be intelligent ... Anyways I believe that Flick knows what he is doing, therefore I trust him.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:54 pm

Here’s a crazy thought: Boateng could also be replaced by Pavard.

It seems many agree Süle should start ahead of him, but realistically do any of you think it will happen?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League