You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Liverpool F.C. will win
50%
It will end in a draw
9%
Bayern Munich will win
41%

Total votes : 34

[2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby MatchBot » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:58 pm

Liverpool F.C. vs Bayern Munich
Liverpool F.C. vs Bayern Munich
Competition: UEFA Champions League
Venue: Anfield Stadium, Liverpool

In the first leg of the 2018-19 UEFA Champions League Round of 16, FC Bayern travel to England to face last season's losing finalists Liverpool F.C. who will be missing Van Dijk through suspension. On the other hand, Bayern Munich also have Thomas Mueller suspended.

Previous encounters:
  • [2017-08-01] Bayern Munich 0 - 3 Liverpool F.C. (Audi Cup)

MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby kod2600 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:12 pm

My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby America USA » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Unless there is a serious change in the way Bayern plays (forwards start finishing chances) and DEFENDS, I cannot see any other outcome than us getting eliminated. The second toughest draw possible and the only positives are that Van Dijk (and Müller) will be suspended for the first leg in Anfield.

Not optimistic about this tie and when was the last time Bayern were out in the Ro16? Inter comes to mind but dunno what year that was?

Hopefully Dortmund start dropping points in the BL soon so that we can at least salvage the League season.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lahmies » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:32 pm

we are SO ****
Lahmies
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby icewizard » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:39 pm

Oh my God guys, stop being pussies! We're still FC Bayern. I know some of you will believe i'm blinded by the club love, and i don't deny i am. But guys, we're strong enough for them to believe that it's not done, and they are strong enough for us to believe it's not done.

So why be stressed now, let's just hope things work out in our favour, but saying "we're done" or "we're out" doesn't help the matter, except displaying your weakness and your lack of confidence in the club.

Pinpointing out our shortcomings is a good thing, but thinking we've lost without playing the game is another.

I hope y'all change your attitude.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:39 pm

The match preceding this is AWAY against Augsburg, not exactly reknown for weak tackling. Plus, there's the fact that DFL hasn't yet scheduled the match so they are likely to f**k us :) It will be played on the weekend of 15th to 18th February. The problem is, wait for it... Liverpool play at HOME, a whole TEN DAYS AND 5 HOURS BEFORE.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:57 pm

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:17 pm

We do stand a small chance. Can't help but feel some optimism about Lewandowski and James facing Matip and Lovren.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:We do stand a small chance. Can't help but feel some optimism about Lewandowski and James facing Matip and Lovren.

That's the thing. We do have the tools to sit back, keep it tight at the back, and then counter them targeting their weak point (their defence). However, we know damn right that we're not going to sit back. I'd be very positively surprised if we do NOT, tactically and intentionally, leave acres of spaces for Salah and Mane to run into.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:43 pm

We also know that Thiago can absolutely hammer Keita. I really think we stand a chance.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby America USA » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:47 pm

MUTU wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:We do stand a small chance. Can't help but feel some optimism about Lewandowski and James facing Matip and Lovren.

That's the thing. We do have the tools to sit back, keep it tight at the back, and then counter them targeting their weak point (their defence). However, we know damn right that we're not going to sit back. I'd be very positively surprised if we do NOT, tactically and intentionally, leave acres of spaces for Salah and Mane to run into.

That’s the thing though. We have the players to beat Liverpool but it’s the tactical part where I think we’ll be demolished. Provided Kovac is here and assuming he doesn’t change his game plans, we’re in for a pasting in the Ro16.

Klopp will obliterate Kovac over 180 Minutes and it won’t be pretty. However, maybe a bloodbath and a humiliation is what is needed for the Bayern board to realize the faults rotting this club and push certain players out of Bayern.

This draw has ruined my Monday. Very disappointed. Perhaps I’ll not post as often from now on in the UCL section :(
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:57 pm

I'll try an early formation guess.

I think I'd rather have Boateng's speed for this match, because that fast forward line worries me with Hummels in the XI. We've seen what happened against BVB and we don't want a repeat of that. I'm also assuming that Davies won't wow us enough by February to earn his place in the starting line-up; I guess this would be fair on the kid. Furthermore, I'm assuming we're not signing anybody else in January that would walk into our XI.

I wonder if recovering Tolisso for the 2nd leg is on the table.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:01 pm

I think we have the quality and there's certainly a chance but... we're halfway through the season. I think we have a fairly clear picture at this point of what the team should look like for the rest of the season. I expect we will improve some, but I remain unconvinced that it'll be enough. We will need to play better than we have all season - looking back, I've yet to see a single 90-minute performance from us that I think would be good enough to get us through over two legs (i.e. if you took our best performance this year and played it twice, I'm still not sure we're through). We will have to see a serious improvement in form AND I think we'll have to hope for a serious dip in form from Liverpool. I will remain optimistic and hope for the best, but without some significant changes I wouldn't be too surprised if we see another 2014 5-0....
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:02 pm

FYI Süle is faster than both Boateng and Hummels. :roll:

If Boateng plays then we’ve lost before the referee has blown his whistle. I guess that’s when you guys will finally see the light and get it in your brains what I’ve been trying to explain for half a year now.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:05 pm

I would go with a three men def...

Alaba Kimmich WBs
Thiago + Leon CMs

Coman Lewa Robben upfront
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League