You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Liverpool F.C. will win
50%
It will end in a draw
9%
Bayern Munich will win
41%

Total votes : 34

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby aterford » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:41 pm

Yeah, think it's kinda silly all around...
Nothing wrong with time-wasting. Every team does it. Find me one team who doesn't have players fake a cramp from time to time.
At the same time, kinda silly to come out an announce it, but it's no biggie.
Silly to act like it's some scandal or something. Is this guy really so naive as to act like he didn't know Bayern players had wasted time before Kovac said something about it? Come on, let's not be foolish.
And just as it was ridiculous for the bosses to hold that press conference and bring up human rights and "dignity of human beings" about player criticism, it's equally to act as though that's got any bearing here...it's like he thinks he's got a sick burn but it just doesn't land at all. "You want to talk about human rights but then you have a player wasting time on the pitch?? wow, what hypocrisy" Total non-sequitur, it's laughable and just comes off sounding awfully sour
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:04 pm

#12 wrote:Huh, why??
First, I agree I can be... But again, you’re neglecting - or rather IGNORING! - what happens if I'm not right... Easy to point fingers, goes both ways however...

Secondly, I still cannot see this imagination of yours... Sorry, that presser was the biggest joke in years, of course it will come back and bite em... If Kovac wasn’t such a retard, he would’ve shut his piehole...

You're being very thick. You haven't begun to understand what I'm getting at, especially seeing you went defensive immediately with "how about the other way". It's not about you, it's everyone.

The content, the presser, what Kovac said, all irrelevant. Now take two seconds to digest that part of my point, please?

My point is, this guy must have been WAITING to say something like this against Bayern, and Kovac's recent quote is a mere platform. The fact that he brought up an old presser to make his point proves it.

This guy hates Bayern as much as you want to take a jab at those who are against you, as much as other people want to do that to you, whenever the right opportunity presents itself. The manner and context don't matter. That's called spite.

Hope that makes better sense?
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Kinda... But I still think you’re over-interpreting this...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:28 pm

#12 wrote:Kinda... But I still think you’re over-interpreting this...

Yeah? Name one instance in whichever era and country where a pundit / any footballing persona not associated with a club openly said something negative directed against a club (not against a player or coach).

Can't think of anything even against United, Real, Barcelona or Juventus outside of Calciopoli.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:40 pm

Do I have to? He gets paid to give his opinion, actually not that unusual in Germany (like Merk and Gagelmann for Sky)...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:56 am

aterford wrote:Yeah, think it's kinda silly all around...
Nothing wrong with time-wasting. Every team does it. Find me one team who doesn't have players fake a cramp from time to time.
Silly to act like it's some scandal or something. Is this guy really so naive as to act like he didn't know Bayern players had wasted time before Kovac said something about it? Come on, let's not be foolish.
And just as it was ridiculous for the bosses to hold that press conference and bring up human rights and "dignity of human beings" about player criticism, it's equally to act as though that's got any bearing here...it's like he thinks he's got a sick burn but it just doesn't land at all. "You want to talk about human rights but then you have a player wasting time on the pitch?? wow, what hypocrisy" Total non-sequitur, it's laughable and just comes off sounding awfully sour

It’s not a big deal but it’s not a great idea to admit it publicly. Now anytime we have a player go down with an “injury” or “cramps” there will be obvious doubt in the referees mind. It’s like winning a big hand in a poker game and then yelling out “I bluffed you, hahaha!” Why give away your hand? Just like Ramos admitting his intentional yellow, sometimes you just gotta learn to shut your mouth.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby aterford » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:30 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
aterford wrote:Yeah, think it's kinda silly all around...

It’s not a big deal but it’s not a great idea to admit it publicly. Now anytime we have a player go down with an “injury” or “cramps” there will be obvious doubt in the referees mind. It’s like winning a big hand in a poker game and then yelling out “I bluffed you, hahaha!” Why give away your hand? Just like Ramos admitting his intentional yellow, sometimes you just gotta learn to shut your mouth.

I don't necessarily disagree but I think it's being overstated too. Yeah, it's dumb to say, but like I said: referees know this happens. Any referee who's been officiating long enough to reach the level of BL or UCL games is already 100% aware that teams will do a lot of things to waste time, faking injury included - even if the coach says something about it or not. So it might get slightly more focus, but TBH I think just about every referee likely has some doubts about every late-match cramp, lol
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League