You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Liverpool F.C. will win
50%
It will end in a draw
9%
Bayern Munich will win
41%

Total votes : 34

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:58 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Also the Ref was totally against us in all 50/50 decisions

At half time I thought the same thing but tbh the second half was the other way round. He was a bad referee and luckily there were no game changing decisions.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lightning f57 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:06 am

Now id say Bayern are 60:40 favourites
Lightning f57
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby zozon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:09 am

It was obvious that Coman was scared from his recent injury scare... and it was VERY obvious that we neglected the offensive part of our game just to close them in defence. Which very much worked.

I expect a very different offensive game at Allianz.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:14 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DiegoForlan » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:38 am

Our middlefield was focused on defending, and they did superb, I am so impressed, what we are missing is someone who is always a threat when on the ball, Coman was too cautious, i understand he had an injury and didn’t want to risk, Kimmich’s yellow card is something that bothers me because him and Alaba were just amazing, if you watch Liverpool sou know whqt they were dealing with.

We need someone better than Odoi for next season, and a few more players to replace the aging ones and we will be rock solid CL favs again.

Oh and look our chances are quite big to go through right now, glad our players showed some balls and shut some mouths.
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tikoubaouine » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:15 am

James "WC" Rodriguez. =D>
Black magic.

Tikoubaouine
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby Ed. » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:51 am

=D> =D> =D>

It was a tedious game to watch but that was a monster away performance defensively.

Credit to Kovac. I don't think I can remember the team being as tactically prepared and clear on what each players role was since Jupp 2013.

I agree with the thoughts on Robben. I feel 20-30 mins from the old geyser could be a difference maker in the second leg. Gnarby was good but still keeps making bad decisions. I'm not sure if he will rise to being a WC player like Ribery or Robben in their heydays.

Liverpool wil have more space to work with in the second leg but they and Klopp's teams in general don't travel well.

James was anonymous. I think he played low risk football as Kovac wanted but was still guilty of some cheap give aways.
Every corner he took though was right on the money. Shame we couldn't make much of any of them.

The 0-0 is a great credit to the team but it's clearly still lacking a cutting edge in attack.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:49 am

Tikoubaouine wrote:Image

So here’s the difference... Javi had an amazing game, Kovac put forward a solid game plan and I’m happy to eat my words about it. James had a less than great performance ( he was by no means bad, he put in a solid shift defensively) and the first thing you do is post smugly about him. I’m glad you’re happy about thinking a player had a bad performance though, good for you.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:55 am

James did a lot of dirty work, and unseen duties, since he is not much accustomed to this role he made some mistakes....
I have never seen a team pressing us like that, the second half was surreal.

I am very worried for the second leg... I am almost sure that we will bow out on the idiotic rule of the away goals...

Hopefully it won't take long until uefa decides to abolish this nonsense (at least, at least during extra time)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:03 am

Tikoubaouine wrote:Image

Thiago a 3? As if. He deserves better. At least a 2.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:04 am

I would have given a 1 to all bar James Lewa Coman and Serge...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:07 am

Just wondering why these kind of tactics weren't on show while we were beating BVB and Fortuna Duesseldorf. Is it pride? I think such tactics don't go down too well with the Bayern faithful who like to see flowing attacking football at all times. Yesterday seemed like the kind of match I would expect from the Italian national team. It worked, but it doesn't quite have that Bayern 'mark' to it.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:56 am

We didnt played good at all, the only reason we are not angry and fuming right now is that liverpool didnt scored. And that was just a matter of luck. I dont remember a game where bayern refused to play. We looked like a small team, with no intention to attack ( I think someone said Neuer had about 70 touches in this game ).
I would prefer to lose like we did in the past against spanish teams but play football. If Kovacs thinks that he can trick football with this kind of tactics and win trophies ...
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby Coman » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:15 am

It's the football I hate.

All this to concede a goal at home and get eliminated.
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby Achilles » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:23 am

MUTU wrote:Just wondering why these kind of tactics weren't on show while we were beating BVB and Fortuna Duesseldorf. Is it pride? I think such tactics don't go down too well with the Bayern faithful who like to see flowing attacking football at all times. Yesterday seemed like the kind of match I would expect from the Italian national team. It worked, but it doesn't quite have that Bayern 'mark' to it.

Look, I really don't bother in this type of "special seasons" since we're going to play as Bayern in our stadium and we beat them.
In the UCL KO stage that naive-attacking gameplay has cost us multiple times, I like it being tight in away games but going in without an offensive plan or counters is what bothers me, yesterday we showed excellent defensive discipline and Kovac made his homework how to stop them at some extent which we're the only club shutting them down at Anfield but offensively we looked bad and clueless. Props to LFC though their pressing was super effective, there were times were we couldn't pass the midfield and Neuer was our deep-lying-playmaker.

IMO the draw was a fair result but I'd admit that LFC was slightly the better side mostly because of their offensive game.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League