You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Liverpool F.C. will win
50%
It will end in a draw
9%
Bayern Munich will win
41%

Total votes : 34

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby kod2600 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:04 pm

So, how could you guys be this pisssed when we all know we've been shiit pretty much the whole season?
How could yo enter the game hoping it won't end 3-1 and leave it saying we played shiit? Newsflash boys. We've been shiit.
So just be happy with the 0-0 and shut up.

Btw, are we in 2013? That Javi seems familiar.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby aterford » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:05 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Kimmich and Alaba, when disciplined, still have the makings of elite fullbacks. What's baffling is why it took them an Anfield trip to finally have discipline.

No kidding, that's the most frustrating thing. I don't know if it's just the occasion - if they don't respect weaker BL teams - or if it's coaching or what - but I've been disappointed in Kimmich's defending for ages now. Then he finally focuses hard on defending and he absolutely locks the place down.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rthebest » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:05 pm

Who thought first clean sheet of year comes in Anfield. Having said that Bayern wasn't able to counter them properly. Coman obviously not fit, and Ganbry showed his lack of experience even thought he put worked hard.
rthebest
I post all the time

National Flag:
Canada

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:06 pm

Also don't forget that this type of games suit Kovac very well. He was the underdog with Frankfrurt in many,many games. Credit to him for his knowledge, but i'm little worriend how we are going to attack in Germany - we all know that our offense is not the best these days/years.

But as i said many times, the defense was always fucking us in the CL. This game it was almost rock solid.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:06 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:Decent game, dangerous result...

Javi in BEAST MODE tonight!

We agree!!! Haha :)

I'm not sure what to make of the result. Any draw with goals eliminates us and we're missing Kimmich while they get back Van Dijk. On the other hand we are much better at home, they've lost all their away games, and we absolutely shut down their attack completely in the second half. I think Kovac decided to play for 0-0 at half time.

And it is THE best result we've gotten away in a big game in years.

I think we are in a good position to advance but we'll need to figure out how to score. Practically no chances today which is OK because I think that's what we went for.

We don’t agree...

Cause Kovac did not decide to go for 0-0 at HT but before he got onto the plane in Munich
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:07 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
aterford wrote:Your responses are welcome: https://goo.gl/forms/ScdrB082Hwqy43DZ2

10 for Kovac. When credit's due, give it.

10?

No

7-8
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby rthebest » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:08 pm

aterford wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Kimmich and Alaba, when disciplined, still have the makings of elite fullbacks. What's baffling is why it took them an Anfield trip to finally have discipline.

No kidding, that's the most frustrating thing. I don't know if it's just the occasion - if they don't respect weaker BL teams - or if it's coaching or what - but I've been disappointed in Kimmich's defending for ages now. Then he finally focuses hard on defending and he absolutely locks the place down.

I think its his arrogance, and it is coaches job to bring him back down to earth.
Last edited by rthebest on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rthebest
I post all the time

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:08 pm

#12 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:
aterford wrote:Your responses are welcome: https://goo.gl/forms/ScdrB082Hwqy43DZ2

10 for Kovac. When credit's due, give it.

10?

No

7-8

He couldn't have done any better. 10 by definition.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby zozon » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:08 pm

Bentonomo wrote:
zozon wrote:Javi made us eat our words...

no shit sherlock

WTF is your problem? He hasnt had a game like this in a long time, so dont spit bullshit like you expected this.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Postby dras_l » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:08 pm

That is great result if you consider who was opponent. Overall Liverpool left better impression but there were also some dangers in front of Allison. We still have chances to progress at Allianz Arena, for sure we’ll have to be much better in attack transition. I still cannot believe Mourinho didn’t recognized such a great player as Salah, he is amazing.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
dras_l
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:09 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:I don't get why 0-0 is a great score for us... 1-1 would be fine by me but I always found goalless draw kinda scary. Most likely extra times and penalties out of the window.

Here's why:

Napoli 1-0 Liverpool
Crvena Zvezda 2-0 Liverpool
PSG 2-1 Liverpool
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Birthday

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:09 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:Decent game, dangerous result...

Javi in BEAST MODE tonight!

We agree!!! Haha :)

I'm not sure what to make of the result. Any draw with goals eliminates us and we're missing Kimmich while they get back Van Dijk. On the other hand we are much better at home, they've lost all their away games, and we absolutely shut down their attack completely in the second half. I think Kovac decided to play for 0-0 at half time.

And it is THE best result we've gotten away in a big game in years.

I think we are in a good position to advance but we'll need to figure out how to score. Practically no chances today which is OK because I think that's what we went for.

We don’t agree...

Cause Kovac did not decide to go for 0-0 at HT but before he got onto the plane in Munich

Well we agree that it's a decent game but dangerous result and that Javi was a beast.

Possibly he did... I think we went into the game intending to play cautiously and try to counter, but in the second half we just abandoned any attempt to counter and played for a draw. At least I thought there was a significant difference.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tikoubaouine » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:09 pm

Do I need to quote myself again ? :coffee:

- Javi beast mode. Vital for keeping "the best attack in the world" at bay.
- James ghost mode. As expected.
- Kimmich loss is not that problematic, though that foul was silly. But better Rafinha at RB than LB like last year...
- Result is underwhelming, would have preferred bringing a 1-1 or 2-2, but given the number of missing players, I will take that.

BTW, the midfield setup was expected (except James in for Goretzka due to injury.) Kovac already hinted at switching after the Leipzig and Frankfurt games to a double-pivot.
Black magic.

Tikoubaouine
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:09 pm

Man, just by looking at the way Javi Martinez walks and runs he seems to be a retired player. But what a 2nd half :shock: He was an absolute beast =D>

I really liked the way everyone gave their 100% tonight. Thiago and James were fighting like warriors, Lewandowski was isolated having a tough battle with everyone upfront, Javi and Hummels were outstanding proving that even though their speed is not there anymore, class is permanent.

I would have enjoyed some more counter attacking football in the second half, but Coman lacked rhythm and playerd poorly. I think an in form Robben would have destroyed them tonight.

0-0 is not the best of the results, but we definitely have a good chance of making it through.

Kovac =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:10 pm

MUTU wrote:
Paphlagonian wrote:I don't get why 0-0 is a great score for us... 1-1 would be fine by me but I always found goalless draw kinda scary. Most likely extra times and penalties out of the window.

Here's why:

Napoli 1-0 Liverpool
Crvena Zvezda 2-0 Liverpool
PSG 2-1 Liverpool

I am more worried about us not scoring and it going to penalties than us conceding/drawing with goals.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League