You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Liverpool F.C. will win
50%
It will end in a draw
9%
Bayern Munich will win
41%

Total votes : 34

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby Lightning f57 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 pm

I said before a 0 0 for Bayern is a very good result so advantage Bayern as will be very difficult to beat at home and Liverpool on the road have been poor.

I'm not surprised we(Liverpool) were also conservative because we didn't have our centre backs.
Lightning f57
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 pm

Nice to see a solid defensive performance in the UCL KOs against a ferocious opponent. Hummels and Javi were excellent and Sule also didn’t disappoint. Alaba did a good job against Salah however Mane did give Kimmich problems.

Our offensive game sucked though. Lewandowski has no decent service and Gnabry often tried to do too much. Night to forget for James and Coman.
Last edited by America USA on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 pm

One more test of the nerve for Kovac: He absolutely has to play Boateng in the second leg. Either he sees it or hopefully by chance Süle might miss the game like Goretzka and Müller tonight.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby appudds » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 pm

Although I commend the defensive display that we had, I feel bad that we played without an intent to attack/score in this leg. It kind of reminds me of the strategy other BL clubs used at Allianz back when we were dominant. We need to be more confident of our capabilities and venture forward. Ribery in his few minutes on the pitch showed more life in going into the final third while the rest were just happy to pass between midfield and defense (excepting Gnabry and Coman; they could only do so much). I was really disappointed with James and it seems like he just lost his morale to play at Bayern although he has been given a fair bit of game time.
Overall, we still have a challenge in the second leg if we carry this same mindset to the Allianz and with the loss of Kimmich, it will be difficult. I hope Robben is fit by then. We really really need him.
appudds

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Bentonomo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 pm

zozon wrote:Javi made us eat our words...

no shit sherlock
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:59 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:One more test of the nerve for Kovac: He absolutely has to play Boateng in the second leg. Either he sees it or hopefully by chance Süle might miss the game like Goretzka and Müller tonight.
Boateng??? Why??? He is our worst defender.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:59 pm

Kimmich and Alaba, when disciplined, still have the makings of elite fullbacks. What's baffling is why it took them an Anfield trip to finally have discipline.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:59 pm

#12 wrote:Decent game, dangerous result...

Javi in BEAST MODE tonight!

We agree!!! Haha :)

I'm not sure what to make of the result. Any draw with goals eliminates us and we're missing Kimmich while they get back Van Dijk. On the other hand we are much better at home, they've lost all their away games, and we absolutely shut down their attack completely in the second half. I think Kovac decided to play for 0-0 at half time.

And it is THE best result we've gotten away in a big game in years.

I think we are in a good position to advance but we'll need to figure out how to score. Practically no chances today which is OK because I think that's what we went for.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:00 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:One more test of the nerve for Kovac: He absolutely has to play Boateng in the second leg. Either he sees it or hopefully by chance Süle might miss the game like Goretzka and Müller tonight.
Boateng??? Why??? He is our worst defender.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Because our best attacking chances would come from the passes Süle was failing to make.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby aterford » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:00 pm

Your responses are welcome: https://goo.gl/forms/ScdrB082Hwqy43DZ2
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:00 pm

aterford wrote:Your responses are welcome: https://goo.gl/forms/ScdrB082Hwqy43DZ2

10 for Kovac. When credit's due, give it.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby tuscanybayern » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:00 pm

@straightredblog saying "We went for the draw, mission accomplished. The hell with people who don’t believe in this team and its coach. They did what they have to do."

English commentators saying "It will be more difficult for Liverpool to win this in Munich, Bayern will have more space to attack" (WHY?)

I don't get it. We defended well, ok...when you feel you are the underdog you defend AND counter, not defend PERIOD. Not even a single shot on target, I can't believe that we will see a different Bayern in Munich.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:01 pm

Although we were not massacred as I had feared, but still no away goals could be a problem going into the second leg. They’ll have VVD back and Fabinho as DM. Really wish that Robben will be fit for the second leg at the Allianz.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lightning f57 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:01 pm

appudds wrote:Although I commend the defensive display that we had, I feel bad that we played without an intent to attack/score in this leg. It kind of reminds me of the strategy other BL clubs used at Allianz back when we were dominant. We need to be more confident of our capabilities and venture forward. Ribery in his few minutes on the pitch showed more life in going into the final third while the rest were just happy to pass between midfield and defense (excepting Gnabry and Coman; they could only do so much). I was really disappointed with James and it seems like he just lost his morale to play at Bayern although he has been given a fair bit of game time.
Overall, we still have a challenge in the second leg if we carry this same mindset to the Allianz and with the loss of Kimmich, it will be difficult. I hope Robben is fit by then. We really really need him.

I believe the players followed the coaches plan which was to play defensive and go forward when opportunity presents itself and to avoid any unnecessary risks. The problem with Liverpool is if they score a goal at home and then smell blood they go after a team and are likely to score again in quick succession. So here Kovac set up perfectly and neutralise Liverpool.
Lightning f57
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:02 pm

appudds wrote:Although I commend the defensive display that we had, I feel bad that we played without an intent to attack/score in this leg. It kind of reminds me of the strategy other BL clubs used at Allianz back when we were dominant. We need to be more confident of our capabilities and venture forward. Ribery in his few minutes on the pitch showed more life in going into the final third while the rest were just happy to pass between midfield and defense (excepting Gnabry and Coman; they could only do so much). I was really disappointed with James and it seems like he just lost his morale to play at Bayern although he has been given a fair bit of game time.

What!!? Ribery barely touched the ball. Coman and Gnabry did much more.

Not Ribery's fault btw, we just weren't trying to attack anymore at that point. I thought we should play on his side once he was on but we didn't.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League