You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Liverpool F.C. will win
50%
It will end in a draw
9%
Bayern Munich will win
41%

Total votes : 34

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby Totalrespect » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:15 am

Hello everyone , I just want to start by saying that I admire and respect everything about Bayern Munchen, you are everything that embodies a fabulous football club and the game between yourselves and my club Liverpool is something that is long overdue and is the tie that every true Liverpool fan wanted. I have been a season ticket holder at Anfield since 1988 and have visited every stadium I have wanted to apart from yours.

I have unfortunately accepted that I won't be able to get a ticket for this game but my son is desperate to attend, it will be almost impossible for him to get one in the Liverpool end so I had an idea that I would swap my ticket for the leg at Anfield for a ticket in the Bayern end for my son .....my ticket is in the Kop in the middle and is a fantastic seat. If anyone is interested please message me ...

Many thanks and good luck.
Totalrespect
First post

Years of membership

Postby rthebest » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:28 am

how many Liverpool fan has singed up here since the draw? lets see their reactions after the game :-D
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby longeleven » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:15 am

MUTU wrote:
longeleven wrote:After 2013, this is first time Bayern will play as an underdog in a Champions League knock-out. :D

If you forget Bayern playing against 14 men in 3 out of 4 matches in the last 2 seasons against Real Madrid, then yes.

Even with Ref. team, Real still played as underdog with counter-attack football. I see no differences between last 2 seasons and 2014 when we lost 0-5 in total.
When we lose to Barca in 2015, odd was 50/50, Barca also played counter-attack with Suarez and Neymar front, Messi at midfield and all remains stayed deep at their half.

I don't mind to talk about Athletico or Juve, Arsenal at all. :mrgreen:
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby icewizard » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:53 am

To the Liverpool FC Fans, Welcome on board.

I just have a simple question. Though we'll see later in what position you'll be in.

Currently you're holding up to Pep's Manchester City FC. If it stays the same, would you give priority to the Premier League (last title in 1990) or the Champions League (last title in 2005)?

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:43 pm

How do you guys feel watching games on TV with other team's fans?

I just can't. Whenever we play a big game either in CL or a Pokal final or whatever, I'd rather stay alone hiding in my living room with no one to bother me :twisted:

To me those games are special, like a ritual. I can't get them out of my head in the days before. I like to watch football games with my friends whenever Bayern is not playing, but for our games I prefer to be on my own.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:00 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:How do you guys feel watching games on TV with other team's fans?

I just can't. Whenever we play a big game either in CL or a Pokal final or whatever, I'd rather stay alone hiding in my living room with no one to bother me :twisted:

To me those games are special, like a ritual. I can't get them out of my head in the days before. I like to watch football games with my friends whenever Bayern is not playing, but for our games I prefer to be on my own.
Me as well.... either on my own or else at the bayern club.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Lukas wrote:
America USA wrote:Your Northern English/Scouse friends are going to bully you after Liverpool are done with Bayern.

I’ve been losing interest in sports over the past few months (especially with some of my personal problems) but these depressing CL/BL results and outings are making me lose excitement about football as well.

Germany too seem to be stuck with Löw and international footy too is sad nowadays with France and England doing well and Germany sucking so bad.

With Dortmund invincible in the BL as well it’s a very tough time being a Bayern (and Germany) fan :cry:

Yep then I'll have Leeds fans who I've ripped to pieces in the last 10 or 12 years as a Hull fan giving me shit when they get promoted. Can't remember a worse season tbh, from the world cup onwards where everything to do with football has been the opposite of what I want. Just hope Hull stay out of the Championship bottom 3 but it will be difficult when the Egyptian leeches sell our only source of creativity (Grosicki the polish winger) in January and pocket the money for themselves.
God Bless the 50+1
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:22 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:How do you guys feel watching games on TV with other team's fans?

I love it...but not a final
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Same here. I mostly watch Bayern games all alone or either at a pub sometimes. This is mainly because many Americans near me don’t give a damn about soccer and I don’t know many Bayern fans IRL. I’m usually watching our games like watching Netflix in solitude.

I’m open with watching the games with Bayern fans but not with other fans (especially because most of the soccer fans here are either PL supporters or Real/Barca plastics)
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:59 pm

America USA wrote:

Same here. I mostly watch Bayern games all alone or either at a pub sometimes. This is mainly because many Americans near me don’t give a damn about soccer and I don’t know many Bayern fans IRL. I’m usually watching our games like watching Netflix in solitude.

I’m open with watching the games with Bayern fans but not with other fans (especially because most of the soccer fans here are either PL supporters or Real/Barca plastics)

Brazil: futebol
Argentine: fútbol
Czech: fotbal
Esperanto: futbalo
Bulgaria: футбол (futbol)
France: football ("le foot")
Portugal: futebol
Iceland: fótbolti
Russia: футбол (futbol)
Spain: fútbol or futbol
Romania: fotbal
Turkey: futbol
Serbia: фудбал (fudbal)
Germany: Fußball

USA/Australia: soccer.

God damn it. I hate this word.

No offense my man.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:07 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
America USA wrote:

Brazil: futebol
Argentine: fútbol
Czech: fotbal
Esperanto: futbalo
Bulgaria: футбол (futbol)
France: football ("le foot")
Portugal: futebol
Iceland: fótbolti
Russia: футбол (futbol)
Spain: fútbol or futbol
Romania: fotbal
Turkey: futbol
Serbia: фудбал (fudbal)
Germany: Fußball

USA/Australia: soccer.

God damn it. I hate this word.

No offense my man.

Maltese: futbol
Italian: calcio
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:46 pm

Chinese?
Japanese?
Arabic?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby icewizard » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Arabic is كرة القدم pronounced as Kuretu l-Qedem which literally means "Ball of the Foot".

Soccer is actually a diminutive of Association Football (to make the difference with Gridiron Football, Gaelic Football, Rugby Football, Australian Football, etc.).
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:26 pm

icewizard wrote:Arabic is كرة القدم pronounced as Kuretu l-Qedem which literally means "Ball of the Foot".

Soccer is actually a diminutive of Association Football (to make the difference with Gridiron Football, Gaelic Football, Rugby Football, Australian Football, etc.).
Qedem... in Maltese means antiquity or
Zmien il-qedem.... the old times, we use it for the prehistoric era
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lightning f57 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:32 pm

icewizard wrote:To the Liverpool FC Fans, Welcome on board.

I just have a simple question. Though we'll see later in what position you'll be in.

Currently you're holding up to Pep's Manchester City FC. If it stays the same, would you give priority to the Premier League (last title in 1990) or the Champions League (last title in 2005)?

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

For me the Premier League over CL, so if we get knocked out early and win PL id say Bayern did us a favour.

There are lots of fans out there which don't respect and say silly things but us hard-core fans who have been following our team for many years will never take lightly a team like Bayern. I guarantee the Liverpool squad won't either.

Finally I'm also a Bayern fan, last two seasons in CL I wanted Bayern to beat RM but unfortunately very poor officiating led to RM progressing both seasons. With VAR hopefully won't happen again.
Lightning f57
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League