You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Liverpool F.C. will win
50%
It will end in a draw
9%
Bayern Munich will win
41%

Total votes : 34

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:11 am

Last time Bayern were knocked out in the Ro16 was in 2011 against Internazionale and I had to dig it up but the last time an English club eliminated Bayern over two legs was back in 2005 (Chelsea won 6-5 on aggregate)

I can see Liverpool and Klopp ending both of Bayern’s streaks and I have zero confidence in Kovac to prevent this from happening.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:58 am

You said that Kovac sucks and Bayern is getting knocked out for multiple days now, why do you have the urge to repeat the same shit over & over & over again? Are you trying to pollute this thread or? What and to whom are you trying to "prove" anything?

Just logout already and come back at the start of the 2019/2020 season. Or change the club that you're "rooting" for because this is utter pathetic. I can't even begin to comprehend how disgraceful and cringey your posts are. We fucking learned how much you hate Kovac, but it is a crazy mentioning that in every goddamn post. Just grow a pair of balls and learn to believe in Bayern as a football club and as a sum of its players and the staff. Or dont bother learning anything - just STOP posting this trash.

The internet and this forum are becoming an utter representation of people's online behaviour lately - its almost like people are saying shit for anything in life just to have their "I told you so" moment.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:07 am

Ok I’m gonna put my money where my mouth is. If Bayern Munich win tomorrow at Anfield then I’ll take a two week ban from MUTU (or any other moderator for that matter) for trolling/negative shitposting starting from the very next day (Wednesday) at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time. (Five hours behind UTC)
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:24 am

zozon wrote:You said that Kovac sucks and Bayern is getting knocked out for multiple days now, why do you have the urge to repeat the same shit over & over & over again? Are you trying to pollute this thread or? What and to whom are you trying to "prove" anything?

Just logout already and come back at the start of the 2019/2020 season. Or change the club that you're "rooting" for because this is utter pathetic. I can't even begin to comprehend how disgraceful and cringey your posts are. We **** learned how much you hate Kovac, but it is a crazy mentioning that in every goddamn post. Just grow a pair of balls and learn to believe in Bayern as a football club and as a sum of its players and the staff. Or dont bother learning anything - just STOP posting this trash.

The internet and this forum are becoming an utter representation of people's online behaviour lately - its almost like people are saying shit for anything in life just to have their "I told you so" moment.

Yeah and then an idiot comes along who thinks he’s smarter than anyone else and tells em what to post or say... or tries to
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:25 am

Tikoubaouine wrote:
MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:[quote="MUTU"]For the record, I think Goretzka is twice the box-to-box midfielder Schweinsteiger was at the same age. In fact he wasn't even trusted in his natural central position by that age but still played as a winger AFAIR.

Goretzka is a weird player though.
Yes, he scored goals. But his finishing is poor. He doesn't play key passes, he doesn't play long passes. He's decent defensively and he runs a lot.
I think he's a good player when the team is functioning well, but while he might be twice the player Schweini was at his age, I also think that Tolisso is twice the player that Goretzka is... Let alone James when we're talking about a number 10.

Tolisso can be compared to Goretzka, and I agree that he's better (though not twice), but I still don't understand why James is being included because I regard him totally different to Tolisso/Goretzka.

I will try to summarize:
The whole discussion started with me suggesting that Goretzka should play in an advanced role, with Thiago-Javi as a double-pivot. Based on two factors:
- James started the last 3 BL games, and was average there, to be respectful.
- Goretzka delivered well in such a setup when he played in that role, and got BL POTM for those performances.
- We are playing Liverpool away, they won't park the bus at 0-0 or even 1-0. We will have more space to counter-attack, and exploit space behind.
- Such a setup would bring more aerial threat in corners/free-kicks and better defending as well.

The exchange is clearly going nowhere at this point. James is great at shooting free-kicks (so great that he scored 1 or 2? in 18 months so far...) and he has shown more brilliance than Goretzka in his whole life. Thankfully, Zidane was too blind to see that sheer amount of brilliance.[/quote]numerous assists are average, but Goretzka wasn’t? Weird perception... Ah yes, he scored flashy goals...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DiegoForlan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:16 am

Did you guys know in most parts of the world football fans cheer for their teams to win ?
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:58 am

DiegoForlan wrote:Did you guys know in most parts of the world football fans cheer for their teams to win ?
But the bayern ones are either masochists or suicidal terrorists
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bentonomo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:52 am

go go coman
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby bastos80 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:26 am

#12 wrote:
Tikoubaouine wrote:
MUTU wrote:Tolisso can be compared to Goretzka, and I agree that he's better (though not twice), but I still don't understand why James is being included because I regard him totally different to Tolisso/Goretzka.

I will try to summarize:
The whole discussion started with me suggesting that Goretzka should play in an advanced role, with Thiago-Javi as a double-pivot. Based on two factors:
- James started the last 3 BL games, and was average there, to be respectful.
- Goretzka delivered well in such a setup when he played in that role, and got BL POTM for those performances.
- We are playing Liverpool away, they won't park the bus at 0-0 or even 1-0. We will have more space to counter-attack, and exploit space behind.
- Such a setup would bring more aerial threat in corners/free-kicks and better defending as well.

The exchange is clearly going nowhere at this point. James is great at shooting free-kicks (so great that he scored 1 or 2? in 18 months so far...) and he has shown more brilliance than Goretzka in his whole life. Thankfully, Zidane was too blind to see that sheer amount of brilliance.
numerous assists are average, but Goretzka wasn’t? Weird perception... Ah yes, he scored flashy goals...

Forget it. Performances with 6 key passes like against Schalke are obviously average when you can have someone like Goretzka play as a number 10, who plays about 40 passes on average.
The fact that Zidane didn't use him also is a killer argument here. Must mean he would have also benched Isco for Goretzka to play him behind Ronaldo and Benzema :lol:
Never mind the best coach we ever had calling James a god-send, but what does he even know? I guess he didnt have Leon back then, so that makes sense.
Last edited by bastos80 on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:28 am

The day's here. Just look forward to tonight and enjoy it guys.

I'm convinced we will still be in the tie tomorrow.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:45 am

You can be a supporter of the most tin pot club. Doesn't matter how shit you think your team is. Doesn't matter how much you hate some people managing your club. Who cares how much better the opposing team is. When tonight is a CL knockout match, your team's going through.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby r10 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:03 am

#12 wrote:he scored flashy goals
Kimmich also scored some flashy goals, esp. in UCL...
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:24 am

BILD's prediction :shock:

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:28 am

What is so surprising about that other than Martinez instead of James?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:28 am

MUTU wrote:BILD's prediction :shock:

Why do you (not only you MUTU) always make such a big fuss about Bild predictions?
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League