You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Liverpool F.C. will win
17
50%
It will end in a draw
3
9%
Bayern Munich will win
14
41%
 
Total votes : 34

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby DRvad14 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:19 am

Gianluca Rocchi (ITA) is the referee
User avatar
DRvad14
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2605
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:40 pm
Location: NY
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 1884 times
Been thanked: 1525 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:23 am

Ed. wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:
Coman wrote:If he absolutly want to play Martinez then he should play him instead of Goretzka.


Exactly

I can see what Kovac would be trying to do by playing Martinez, but then it should be Goretzka and not James the one replaced


Yup, I've been the biggest fan of Martinez but alas his body is broken and he looks slower than a freight train these days.

Martinez & Goretzka is such an awful pairing.
Either or
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 47625
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 31846 times
Been thanked: 6889 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby zozon » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:00 pm

If Kovac starts both Goretzka & Martinez and James is benched - I want him OUT. Martinez can start at HSV with this form. Kovac will do a PEP and pussy out of the first leg FFS, even when they are weaker than ever at the back.
User avatar
zozon
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2652
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 382 times
Been thanked: 1208 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby bastos80 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:15 pm

It's Bild, calm down.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8956
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 736 times
Been thanked: 3644 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby Coman » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:29 pm

bastos80 wrote:It's Bild, calm down.


It's BILD but I would not be surprised.
User avatar
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5174
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
National Flag:
France
Has thanked: 241 times
Been thanked: 1691 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby bastos80 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Coman wrote:
bastos80 wrote:It's Bild, calm down.


It's BILD but I would not be surprised.


Me neither, at the end of the day it is Niko Kovac on our bench.
James was subbed out immediately after we took the lead. I feel if Kovac was unhappy with him/the tactics, he would have taken him out at half-time. Looks more like he was resting him for Liverpool.
Anyways, Javi in the line-up would be a joke, no matter for whom. 4 games in a row on the bench. Would be a kick in the balls for both Goretzka and James, especially after all the praise James got from Brazzo and Kovac for his good performances :roll:
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8956
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 736 times
Been thanked: 3644 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby r10 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:41 pm

Ed. wrote:- Our attack lacks speed
This is due to weak Bundesliga with one team dominating (whatever you say about BVB or RBL). Bayern is unept to sit deep and wait for counterattacks. BTW Lewandowski loves quick counterattacking games much more than be just a man in a box (leave this for Gomez and Wagner), but his partners don't. If Robben runs he "needs" (that internal voice you know) to brake to the middle and shoot himself.

MUTU wrote:this match would have benefited from a Renato Sanches.
Not on English soil after boys disastrous season with Swansea.
Last edited by r10 on Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:57 pm
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 80 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:46 pm

I expect us to lose and maybe "only" by two goals... Which will lead to zozon and the likes calling people with a realistic outlook (i.e. we won’t turn it around) "non-fans", and in the end those "non-fans" will be right nonetheless... How do I know? It’s been happening over and over for years now...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 23357
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1186 times
Been thanked: 5401 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby Achilles » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:46 pm

James is a must however I think that we have to toughen up a bit and Goretzka is not for this game IMO.
We need a trick in the midfield since Thiago will get annihilated as always so we need a player next to him to support him and let him play more freely on his play-making role. Javi Martinez would be ideal 4 years before but now he is a big liability and I don't trust him against the intensive gegen pressing of LFC, I think the midfield will collapse one way or another as they usually do since 2014 but we need to concede later so this match doesn't go off the rails until the Munich rematch.
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 1132 times
Been thanked: 2195 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby Coman » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:55 pm

#12 wrote:I expect us to lose and maybe "only" by two goals... Which will lead to zozon and the likes calling people with a realistic outlook (i.e. we won’t turn it around) "non-fans", and in the end those "non-fans" will be right nonetheless... How do I know? It’s been happening over and over for years now...


I expect also a loss but by 3 goals difference at least.

If by miracle we have a different results, good for us, but I think even a draw would make us eliminate as we are not better at home than away and that they will have the best CB of the current season back in Munich, and that will change everything in many aspect for them.
User avatar
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5174
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
National Flag:
France
Has thanked: 241 times
Been thanked: 1691 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby r10 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:00 pm

Coman wrote:I expect also a loss but by 3 goals difference at least.
So we should bench Lewandowski at Anfield, save him for the ligue. Sky pundits will be happy.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:57 pm
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 80 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby Machiavellico » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Coman wrote:
#12 wrote:I expect us to lose and maybe "only" by two goals... Which will lead to zozon and the likes calling people with a realistic outlook (i.e. we won’t turn it around) "non-fans", and in the end those "non-fans" will be right nonetheless... How do I know? It’s been happening over and over for years now...


I expect also a loss but by 3 goals difference at least.

If by miracle we have a different results, good for us, but I think even a draw would make us eliminate as we are not better at home than away and that they will have the best CB of the current season back in Munich, and that will change everything in many aspect for them.


Smh some of you need to relax. They’re not some wild combination of 60s Brazil, 90s Milan and Pep’s Barcelona. They’re good, but some of you make it seen like they’re the second coming or something. Stop being so beaten down and just wait for the match with excitement. Sure, we haven’t been good lately, but how many teams have you seen being crap in the league and playing for their lives in the UCL? Should I remind you of the Schalke that almost took Real out in 2014? The same Real that trashed us 4-0 at Allianz? Di Matteo’s Schalke??????????
Stop getting your panties in a twist and have some faith in these guys.
Image

PE14
User avatar
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:27 pm
National Flag:
Romania
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 518 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Machiavellico wrote:
Coman wrote:
#12 wrote:I expect us to lose and maybe "only" by two goals... Which will lead to zozon and the likes calling people with a realistic outlook (i.e. we won’t turn it around) "non-fans", and in the end those "non-fans" will be right nonetheless... How do I know? It’s been happening over and over for years now...


I expect also a loss but by 3 goals difference at least.

If by miracle we have a different results, good for us, but I think even a draw would make us eliminate as we are not better at home than away and that they will have the best CB of the current season back in Munich, and that will change everything in many aspect for them.


Smh some of you need to relax. They’re not some wild combination of 60s Brazil, 90s Milan and Pep’s Barcelona. They’re good, but some of you make it seen like they’re the second coming or something. Stop being so beaten down and just wait for the match with excitement. Sure, we haven’t been good lately, but how many teams have you seen being crap in the league and playing for their lives in the UCL? Should I remind you of the Schalke that almost took Real out in 2014? The same Real that trashed us 4-0 at Allianz? Di Matteo’s Schalke??????????
Stop getting your panties in a twist and have some faith in these guys.


You’re a fan of Bayern Munich though, right??
Cause if you are, you should know that that’s not how we work... We don’t do zero to hero in the CL... We are successful in the CL when we are successful at home... And we’re not... It won’t happen... And actually, maybe it’s the best that could happen to us as our senile leaders are not gonna learn it another way...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 23357
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1186 times
Been thanked: 5401 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby MoFattal » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:40 pm

This was a no-go for me until very recently, but I'd start Boateng-Hummels for this game. My preferred formation:



BUT I think Kovac will start this:

User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11791
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 5135 times
Been thanked: 2720 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby bastos80 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:33 pm

I read that article that says the tendendy is to start Martínez ahead of James... Its just their opinion by the way.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8956
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 736 times
Been thanked: 3644 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], pavlos21 and 8 guests