You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Liverpool F.C. will win
17
50%
It will end in a draw
3
9%
Bayern Munich will win
14
41%
 
Total votes : 34

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby zozon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:03 pm

I agree that Sule is exposed cause of Kimmich. And vice-versa: Hummels seems more stable because Alaba isnt losing his shit so much lately.
User avatar
zozon
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 369 times
Been thanked: 1161 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:34 pm

I think users here (and other Bayern fans) should watch this game as a spectacle. Something that fans of weaker clubs do when playing Bayern. The result is possibly a foregone conclusion with Kovac as the coach.

Hopefully elimination from the UCL means we go on to win the domestic double. However a thrashing from Liverpool would guarantee that Kovac will be fired in the summer.

With all that being said, our strongest lineup on paper for this game (sans Coman, Tolisso and Robben + Müller) would be:
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3480
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 608 times
Been thanked: 1047 times

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby zozon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:55 pm

America USA wrote:I think users here (and other Bayern fans) should watch this game as a spectacle. Something that fans of weaker clubs do when playing Bayern. The result is possibly a foregone conclusion with Kovac as the coach.

Hopefully elimination from the UCL means we go on to win the domestic double. However a thrashing from Liverpool would guarantee that Kovac will be fired in the summer.

With all that being said, our strongest lineup on paper for this game (sans Coman, Tolisso and Robben + Müller) would be:


We certainly arent weaker than Liverpool this season. And seasons before.
This is a pretty noob comment "something that fans of weaker clubs do when playing Bayern."
User avatar
zozon
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 369 times
Been thanked: 1161 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby r10 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:14 pm

zozon wrote:We certainly aren't weaker than Liverpool this season.
That's all about Klopp over Kovac, not about LFC over FCB. Juergen easily overplays Pep time after time, so how do you think about poor Niko??

When it comes to the squads, compare head by head:

Juergen Klopp
Alisson Becker
Mohamed Salah
Roberto Firmino
Sadio Mané
Naby Keïta
Andrew Robertson
Trent Alexander-Arnold
Georginio Wijnaldum
Fabinho
Jordan Henderson
Xherdan Shaqiri

vs.:

Niko Kovac
Manuel Neuer
Robert Lewandowski
James Rodríguez
Thiago Alcantara
Joshua Kimmich
David Alaba
Niklas Süle
Kingsley Coman
Mats Hummels
Thomas Müller
Leon Goretzka

We certainly aren't weaker than Liverpool (besides we lack goalkeeper), this season is all about coach(es), unfortunately for us :oops:.
Last edited by r10 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:57 pm
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 72 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:26 pm

Certainly?

Sure... :coffee:
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22731
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1147 times
Been thanked: 5266 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:33 pm

zozon wrote:We certainly arent weaker than Liverpool this season. And seasons before.

I’m not implying that Bayern are inferior to Liverpool in terms of player quality and personnel. It is tactics and coaching where Liverpool are vastly superior. Kovac has no tactical identity and we don’t know if we are playing possession/high line football or defensive counter attacking football. Plus high pressing teams like Leverkusen, Gladbach, Dortmund and Ajax have all cause Niko’s Bayern a lot of problems. I can only see those problems get magnified when high quality players pressure us up high and force mistakes.

This tie will be decided on Klopp’s superiority over Kovac and not Bayern’s inferiority versus Liverpool.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3480
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 608 times
Been thanked: 1047 times

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby zozon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:36 pm

Yeah, sure.

Just like Pep was superior and a genius and the team flopped in the most important CL games.
It goes both ways - if we go past Liverpool it will be because the players are good and if we are knocked out - Kovac is to blame. Jeez.
User avatar
zozon
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 369 times
Been thanked: 1161 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:50 pm

I don’t understand why you Nikoists become so defensive when his lack of tactics and coaching ineptitude are highlighted because those are just how things are right now! Pep lost against equally good coaches in Ancelotti and Simeone (although 2016 was very unlucky). And your biggest example of players quality making sure a team wins the UCL was in 2015 when Barcelona had the best forward line and best midfield and two fantastic fullbacks and prime Pique/Mascherano. Enrique was and is an inferior manager to Pep but the quality of his players that season was just simply outstanding.

Kovac is nowhere near Pep in terms of coaching and the league table is a clear reflection of that. If Kovac can prove me wrong on Tuesday I’d be more than happy to eat some humble pie.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3480
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 608 times
Been thanked: 1047 times

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby zozon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:43 pm

Who is a "Nikoist"? Why do you even refer to me as that and what is that exactly? I have yet to see ANYONE on this forum praising him that much, he still hasnt won anything with Bayern.

You said we should watch the game and treat Bayern as a low-tier Bundesliga team when playing vs Bayern.

Why do you even consider watching the game when you think Bayern is the Nurnberg and Liverpool is Dortmund/Bayern? Do you even think Bayern - Nurnberg is won simply because of the Bayern coach? Give me a break.
User avatar
zozon
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 369 times
Been thanked: 1161 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:16 pm

zozon wrote:Who is a "Nikoist"? Why do you even refer to me as that and what is that exactly? I have yet to see ANYONE on this forum praising him that much, he still hasnt won anything with Bayern.

You said we should watch the game and treat Bayern as a low-tier Bundesliga team when playing vs Bayern.

Why do you even consider watching the game when you think Bayern is the Nurnberg and Liverpool is Dortmund/Bayern? Do you even think Bayern - Nurnberg is won simply because of the Bayern coach? Give me a break.


Why do Nuremberg fans watch them play us then huh? Sorry you just don’t make any sense at times... Being a fan doesn’t mean discarding all realism... And it’s certainly more realistic to say we won’t advance than we will advance right now... I think chances of us going through are no higher than 20%... And yes, coaches DO make a HUGE difference...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22731
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1147 times
Been thanked: 5266 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby zozon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:39 pm

#12 wrote:
zozon wrote:Who is a "Nikoist"? Why do you even refer to me as that and what is that exactly? I have yet to see ANYONE on this forum praising him that much, he still hasnt won anything with Bayern.

You said we should watch the game and treat Bayern as a low-tier Bundesliga team when playing vs Bayern.

Why do you even consider watching the game when you think Bayern is the Nurnberg and Liverpool is Dortmund/Bayern? Do you even think Bayern - Nurnberg is won simply because of the Bayern coach? Give me a break.


Why do Nuremberg fans watch them play us then huh? Sorry you just don’t make any sense at times... Being a fan doesn’t mean discarding all realism... And it’s certainly more realistic to say we won’t advance than we will advance right now... I think chances of us going through are no higher than 20%... And yes, coaches DO make a HUGE difference...


Because I guess Nurnberg fans aren't sorry-ass "fans" like yourself. You never said anything good about Bayern for years on this forum, so why I still bother replying to you is beyond me. Football clubs should have 100 haters instead of a "fan" like you claim to be.

Off to the block list.
User avatar
zozon
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 369 times
Been thanked: 1161 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:49 pm

zozon wrote:
#12 wrote:
zozon wrote:Who is a "Nikoist"? Why do you even refer to me as that and what is that exactly? I have yet to see ANYONE on this forum praising him that much, he still hasnt won anything with Bayern.

You said we should watch the game and treat Bayern as a low-tier Bundesliga team when playing vs Bayern.

Why do you even consider watching the game when you think Bayern is the Nurnberg and Liverpool is Dortmund/Bayern? Do you even think Bayern - Nurnberg is won simply because of the Bayern coach? Give me a break.


Why do Nuremberg fans watch them play us then huh? Sorry you just don’t make any sense at times... Being a fan doesn’t mean discarding all realism... And it’s certainly more realistic to say we won’t advance than we will advance right now... I think chances of us going through are no higher than 20%... And yes, coaches DO make a HUGE difference...


Because I guess Nurnberg fans aren't sorry-ass "fans" like yourself. You never said anything good about Bayern for years on this forum, so why I still bother replying to you is beyond me. Football clubs should have 100 haters instead of a "fan" like you claim to be.

Off to the block list.


Makes me sooooo sad!!!

I prefer discussing with adults with a sound mind anyway...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22731
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1147 times
Been thanked: 5266 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby Bentonomo » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:58 pm

3 defender or javi and rafihna instead of kimmich [-o<
User avatar
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 797
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 am
Location: Monterrey
National Flag:
Mexico
Has thanked: 313 times
Been thanked: 215 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby Hardrade » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:10 am

zozon wrote:Yeah, sure.

Just like Pep was superior and a genius and the team flopped in the most important CL games.
It goes both ways - if we go past Liverpool it will be because the players are good and if we are knocked out - Kovac is to blame. Jeez.


You can try as hard as you want, there is no universe in which our current coach is better than Pep was then and is now.

Players are good, coach is bad, those are the facts and Jesus isn’t a factor there.
Image
User avatar
Hardrade
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1346
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Belgrade
National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 897 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:26 am

Hardrade wrote:
zozon wrote:Yeah, sure.

Just like Pep was superior and a genius and the team flopped in the most important CL games.
It goes both ways - if we go past Liverpool it will be because the players are good and if we are knocked out - Kovac is to blame. Jeez.


You can try as hard as you want, there is no universe in which our current coach is better than Pep was then and is now.

Players are good, coach is bad, those are the facts and Jesus isn’t a factor there.


No, players are decent, coach is a fuck up... Players are not good enough to beat Liverpool as it is...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22731
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1147 times
Been thanked: 5266 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot] and 3 guests