You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Liverpool F.C. will win
50%
It will end in a draw
9%
Bayern Munich will win
41%

Total votes : 34

Re: [2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby Borusse » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:44 pm

Watching Liverpool, they're not looking all that impressive. In attack only Mane seems to be in very good form, he's creating threats left and right. But the rest of attacking players including Salah, Firmino, Shaqiri don't look as good.

The defence still seems very solid. I wonder if this is their current form or are they just playing in eco mode. If the former then you have great chances against them.

Edit: not solid enough it seems, Liverpool are making some mistakes at the back.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

[2019-02-19] Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Postby DiegoForlan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:10 pm

The majority of Premier League is a joke this season, only City and Liverpool are being amazing, and even they aren’t living up to their names, can’t blame pool because of all their injuries.

But let’s see, some people here like to cry a lot, and always say things like “ we’ll get walked over, destroyed by Pool “ I’ve been hearing that since 2/3 years ago just with different opponents, but I cant remember anyone destroying us lately, yes we lost and got eleminated, but when did Bayern get destroyed ? Being a fan means cheering for your team, yet people are rooting for us to loose, just so they can throw it in your face like they are prophets and were right all the time, even with such a big failure count at that.

Blaming other fans, our board and players for looser mentality, yet expecting a loss in every other match, watch your finger you might be pointing on a mirror.
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby soul-railgun777 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:55 pm

DiegoForlan wrote:The majority of Premier League is a joke this season, only City and Liverpool are being amazing, and even they aren’t living up to their names, can’t blame pool because of all their injuries.

But let’s see, some people here like to cry a lot, and always say things like “ we’ll get walked over, destroyed by Pool “ I’ve been hearing that since 2/3 years ago just with different opponents, but I cant remember anyone destroying us lately, yes we lost and got eleminated, but when did Bayern get destroyed ? Being a fan means cheering for your team, yet people are rooting for us to loose, just so they can throw it in your face like they are prophets and were right all the time, even with such a big failure count at that.

Blaming other fans, our board and players for looser mentality, yet expecting a loss in every other match, watch your finger you might be pointing on a mirror.

Fucking tired of that attitude in this forum. They act like Bayern is the only team with flaws, and some even want us to lose just to keep their egos intact after talking so much shit.
soul-railgun777
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:24 am

Look, as long as we’re in this rut or trot we’re currently in, how do you expect us to be all excited? I mean even if we didn’t get anyone now, if we knew a great player coming in summer we might change... Instead we’re getting Pavard and we even want to pas 10m more fir whatever reason...
There’s just nothing to ne positive about right now... And I actually believe going far with this squad will hurt us even more in the long run...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:04 am

Because as MUTU said the other day we are not actually in a rut. We are getting much better results than we were earlier in the season and our injury situation is looking good. If you want to excuse that by saying they're just Bundesliga teams, so be it.

So far in 2019 Liverpool have lost 2 games (one losing them a title, the other a big loss for the title race), drawn 1 and won 2, by one goal each. One of the wins included letting in 3 goals. Every game they didn't lose was against teams in the lower half of the table.

We are nowhere near as good as we were last season, but face it, we were underperforming earlier in the season and more importantly, Liverpool were overperforming. We can still do much better but the general trend has been towards improvement and winning. If anyone is in a rut it's Liverpool.

We will go through. What do you want to bet on?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:07 am

For the record, I still think we'll be eliminated. But I'm a bit more confident now than I was at the time the draw was made, despite our lack of activity in the January transfer window. I just hope we won't start both Ribery and Robben.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:08 am

Also keep in mind they're missing their best defender at home, where we tend to find it hard to score. We are usually much better at home whereas they have lost every away match in the CL so far.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:19 am

IsiahRashad wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Lukas wrote:The Liverpool arm looks much stronger

It's Shaqiri :lol:

Wagner will take care of it. :mrgreen:

Fail :P
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:26 am

Compared to 3rd January, it seems all the odds changed... some are saying Bayern have a bigger chance than on 3rd January, others are saying Bayern have a smaller chance. There really is no consensus.

Before the odds for Bayern to win this match ranged from 3.25 to 3.92.
Now they range from 3.5 to 3.86.

Qualification odds that previously ranged from 1.83 to 2.1 now range from 1.91 to 2.05.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:37 am

MUTU wrote:Compared to 3rd January, it seems all the odds changed... some are saying Bayern have a bigger chance than on 3rd January, others are saying Bayern have a smaller chance. There really is no consensus.

Qualification odds that previously ranged from 1.83 to 2.1 now range from 1.91 to 2.05.

That suggests they now consider the two teams to be closer in quality I think.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:41 am

From more or less neutral point of view (you know I love Klopp and I want him to win some trophies with Liverpool but maybe getting knocked out of CL would help their title run a bit, so I don't mind Bayern going through):

Liverpool became a very different team this season. Before they were doing great against top opposition but failed to win a lot of games against weaker rivals. Now it looks like they've decided to sacrifice a bit of that attacking/counter-attacking initative for greater stability at the back, more control over the game and basically minimizing risk of conceding with the idea that they should score a goal sooner or later in the game and if they keep a clean sheet they will win. So they are a much more stable team than a year ago, but I don't think they are necessarly stronger.

I think Bayern has a very good chance of going through, you found stability again, you are playing very solid football. Also as FCBayernMunchen said, Van Dijk, who is probably the main source of that defensive improvement of Liverpool in the last 12 months is not going to play at Anfield. Lately Liverpool became a bit shaky at the back again and that's with Van Dijk playing so I imagine Liverpool won't avoid defensive mistakes against you. I think you can easily aim for scoring 1-2 goals away. If you manage to play a smart game at Anfield and not get yourself crushed on the counter like against Dortmund for example :P then I think you can get a very reasonable result there, like 1-1, 2-2 or a 2-1 defeat which also wouldn't be that bad.

I'm hesitating between 2-1 for Liverpool and 2-2 draw in the first game. And after that anything can happen in the second leg.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:48 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:Compared to 3rd January, it seems all the odds changed... some are saying Bayern have a bigger chance than on 3rd January, others are saying Bayern have a smaller chance. There really is no consensus.

That suggests they now consider the two teams to be closer in quality I think.

No, I think you misunderstood me.

When I said "Qualification odds that previously ranged from 1.83 to 2.1 now range from 1.91 to 2.05." I was talking about odds for Bayern qualifying to the quarterfinals. They used to range from 1.83 to 2.1 and now they range from 1.91 to 2.05. The lower they are, the better. Before there was a bookmaker offering 1.83... now the minimum (i.e. highest chance) went up to 1.91. On the other hand, the 2.1 became a 2.05.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:16 pm

MUTU wrote:No, I think you misunderstood me.

When I said "Qualification odds that previously ranged from 1.83 to 2.1 now range from 1.91 to 2.05." I was talking about odds for Bayern qualifying to the quarterfinals. They used to range from 1.83 to 2.1 and now they range from 1.91 to 2.05. The lower they are, the better. Before there was a bookmaker offering 1.83... now the minimum (i.e. highest chance) went up to 1.91. On the other hand, the 2.1 became a 2.05.

Yes, I got that, and what I said is based purely on observations I've made when betting (so I don't know if it's true or not). Generally, odds of 2 are used when the game is balanced, so both teams will have similar odds. Just checking the site I use has Liverpool at 1.8 and Bayern at 1.9 to qualify.

From what you are saying the average has moved closer to 2 with both ends becoming closer. So some bookmakers think we now have a smaller chance of qualifying, while others think we have a bigger chance of qualifying, but I think (from personal experience and observation) by moving closer to 2 the game is now being considered more balanced between the two teams. Do you have similar odd movements for Liverpool?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:22 pm

FiveThirtyEight puts it at 53-47, slightly in favor of Bayern
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby bastos80 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:16 pm

aterford wrote:FiveThirtyEight puts it at 53-47, slightly in favor of Bayern

absolute mad lads
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League