You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-02-23] Lazio vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:00 pm

S.S. Lazio will win
14%
It will end in a draw
14%
Bayern Munich will win
71%

Total votes : 7

Re: [2021-02-23] Lazio vs Bayern Munich

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:25 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Also: gentle reminder that Müller did not even feature in this game.
Yeah, can't wait for Müller, Gnabry and Pavard to be back.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:01 am

This is what I was expecting.

Lazio had won 7 out of their last 8 Serie A games and we simply outclassed them from the very first despite the fact that we were missing several key players.

In fact we had like only 4-5 players on the bench.

But we were focused in defense and our high pressing was simply too much for Lazio. We actually made them look like a very mediocre team and reading some comments before the match, Lazio were actually considered a very good and dangerous side that perform well against top teams. So Flick surely deserves some praise for this performance.

Then after 50 minutes of play we realized that the tie was over and just tried to save some energy. Shame that Kimmich saw an unnecesary yellow card :evil:

When did we last lose a CL match? Was it vs Liverpool in 2019 ? :shock:
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:00 am

aterford wrote:This has all the makings of one of those random matches where Flick sends out a lineup and/or formation that everyone thinks is beyond stupid and we end up all eating crow and winning handily.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:We will destroy them. You’ll see.

Real ones been knowing all along tbh :coffee:
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:15 am

T4L10N wrote:Regarding this game, what you guys think about penalty situation (for Lazio)? The guy continued to play and missed 1vs1 chance even he was in clear offside. So would like to hear your opinions.

I saw a post match analysis. The reason it wasn't given as a penalty was that the referee thought there was no foul while VAR noticed that the foul (which there was) happened just outside the box, hence they couldn't intervene to ask the referee to give a freekick.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Birthday

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:23 am

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:53 am

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby T4L10N » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:15 am

MUTU wrote:
T4L10N wrote:Regarding this game, what you guys think about penalty situation (for Lazio)? The guy continued to play and missed 1vs1 chance even he was in clear offside. So would like to hear your opinions.

I saw a post match analysis. The reason it wasn't given as a penalty was that the referee thought there was no foul while VAR noticed that the foul (which there was) happened just outside the box, hence they couldn't intervene to ask the referee to give a freekick.

I understood now, thanks.

Now my question is, hypothetically, if the Lazio's player receiving the ball just after that challenge, hadnt been in offside, continued to play and missed that opportunity, penalty would have been given or not. As far as I understood, penalty would have been given in this case, since if he even scored, offside would have ruled the goal out.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:14 am

YlonenXabi wrote:When did we last lose a CL match? Was it vs Liverpool in 2019 ? :shock:

Yes. We are now unbeaten for 18 matches (17 wins, 1 draw). By the time the second leg comes around we’ll have gone more than 2 calendar years unbeaten.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:32 am

T4L10N wrote:
MUTU wrote:

I understood now, thanks.

Now my question is, hypothetically, if the Lazio's player receiving the ball just after that challenge, hadnt been in offside, continued to play and missed that opportunity, penalty would have been given or not. As far as I understood, penalty would have been given in this case, since if he even scored, offside would have ruled the goal out.

There was no penalty. The requisite for one is that a foul needs to happen inside the box. That didn't happen. But if it was inside the box, the referee knows it is a penalty but gives advantage, and the player misses, I *think* (not sure) that no penalty is given anyway.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:34 am

Proud dad moment this morning.

So I told my daughter who turned 3 last month that Bayern won in the CL last night and scored 4 goals. So she asked me to wear a Bayern jacket to walk her to school, to which I obliged. Whilst putting it on, she asked me to play a Bayern song, so I played FC Bayern Forever Number One and she stayed dancing to it and was really happy with it :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby T4L10N » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:11 pm

MUTU wrote:There was no penalty. The requisite for one is that a foul needs to happen inside the box. That didn't happen. But if it was inside the box, the referee knows it is a penalty but gives advantage, and the player misses, I *think* (not sure) that no penalty is given anyway.

I agree with your thinking that after missed opportunity penalty shouldnt have been given afterwards. But would like to make sure whether this is according to rules or not
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Ben Gardner » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:45 pm

MUTU wrote:Proud dad moment this morning.

So I told my daughter who turned 3 last month that Bayern won in the CL last night and scored 4 goals. So she asked me to wear a Bayern jacket to walk her to school, to which I obliged. Whilst putting it on, she asked me to play a Bayern song, so I played FC Bayern Forever Number One and she stayed dancing to it and was really happy with it :)

I have a Beautiful granddaughter soon same age as your daughter that I bought a nice little BVB jacket last year which she loves to wear. Problem is that her father is an Interista and not always entirely comfortable with his daughter's dressing. Grandpa, on the other hand, is very proud :-)
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby bmguy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:59 pm

just watch the first half https://eplfootballmatch.com/lazio-v-ba ... uary-2021/ I'm surprised at how composure and skillful Sule was in this game, he even had 4 successful dribbles and 91% pass accuracy. :roll:

Sulinho :mrgreen:
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby Awax » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Sulinho haha, love it
Awax
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:57 pm

as I said for me he was the MOM :)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League