You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-02-23] Lazio vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:00 pm

S.S. Lazio will win
14%
It will end in a draw
14%
Bayern Munich will win
71%

Total votes : 7

Re: [2021-02-23] Lazio vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:05 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:There is a reason why I'm confident for tonight's match and I don't care if we lose and #12 calls me out

If you noticed our players were way more focused in the Club World Cup than in any BL game. Our defenders were 100% in the game and we barely conceded any goal chance in both matches.

That's because the CWC was very important for them. They wanted the Sextuple. I'm sure it was very important for Flick too and that's why we didn't play as offensive as we did in previous games.

I'm expective a more conservative approach tonight as well with everyone being more focused.
No that’s because we played garbage teams...

Importance or not, btw, winning the CL is hard... Even though I cannot see it happening, not impossible, but hard... Throwing away Bundesliga means probably winning nothing after quite a few embarrassments rendering this precious sextuple nothing but a faint recollection...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:06 pm

Lukas wrote:Just imagine if we don’t win the BL. All the talk will be about Bayern not being worthy “world champion” because we couldn’t win a “farmers league”. It would be embarrassing
And rightfully so... After already losing to Kiel
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:18 pm

Lukas wrote:If we don’t care about the Bundesliga then that just isn’t good enough. To call yourself truly the best team in Europe/the world you need to win your league as it’s measured over a long hard slog of 9 months. The CL is basically a glorified cup competition which anyone can win if they get a bit of luck and play well for about 7 games

Who said that?

They care about BL, but they know they can relax and still win it without giving 100% on every match. Last time I checked we were still top of the table
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Lukas » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:21 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Lukas wrote:If we don’t care about the Bundesliga then that just isn’t good enough. To call yourself truly the best team in Europe/the world you need to win your league as it’s measured over a long hard slog of 9 months. The CL is basically a glorified cup competition which anyone can win if they get a bit of luck and play well for about 7 games

Who said that?

They care about BL, but they know they can relax and still win it without giving 100% on every match. Last time I checked we were still top of the table

I don’t think we can though. Not if our “relaxing” is like the last couple of games
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:43 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:

Who said that?

Check again in two weeks...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:44 pm

Lukas wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:

Who said that?

I don’t think we can though. Not if our “relaxing” is like the last couple of games
They were definitely relaxing... Right on the green grass
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:47 pm

#12, please stop hacking Lukas' account. We know it is you.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

[2021-02-23] Lazio vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:05 pm

MUTU wrote:

#12, please stop hacking Lukas' account. We know it is you.
Nah he‘s just the first of you to gain some perspective...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:43 pm

It’s definitely me :mrgreen:

My optimism levels tend to swing wildly depending on how we’re playing but I’ve always seen the BL as the competition we have to win first, and anything else is fantastic but not expected
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Fénix » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:17 pm

Well said, especially about the CL.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:09 pm

Fénix wrote:

The part about the CL is serious, not a joke? Domestic leagues are far far easier to win by a fluke. Think Kaiserslautern, Stuttgart, Wolfsburg, Leicester City. These teams would not dream of winning the CL, but they're allowed to fluke a domestic league.

When these fluke clubs winning the domestic league play in Europe, either that season or the following, they suck in it, proving that they fluked there.

Meanwhile, it's rare that a CL winner doesn't perform well the following season.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:20 pm

MUTU wrote:
Fénix wrote:

The part about the CL is serious, not a joke? Domestic leagues are far far easier to win by a fluke. Think Kaiserslautern, Stuttgart, Wolfsburg, Leicester City. These teams would not dream of winning the CL, but they're allowed to fluke a domestic league.

When these fluke clubs winning the domestic league play in Europe, either that season or the following, they suck in it, proving that they fluked there.

Meanwhile, it's rare that a CL winner doesn't perform well the following season.
Blahblahblah... Chelsea says hi... Inter as well... We regularly have bullshit teams in the final and all of a sudden they‘re good in your opinion... Fecking Tottenham
We had Lyon and Leipzig in the semis
It’s fairly easy because as I‘ve been trying to tell you for years, more often than not, great form is able to beat better quality... It happens quite often - just not as often as in one-legged competitions...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:44 pm

The sky is blue the grass is green and lucas is sitttin
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby vtotheinay » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 pm

no lucas again and alaba at CB ffs. i shouldn't be getting this mad cause it's expected but come on

Can't see tweet? Click here!
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Fénix wrote:[quote="Lukas"]If we don’t care about the Bundesliga then that just isn’t good enough. To call yourself truly the best team in Europe/the world you need to win your league as it’s measured over a long hard slog of 9 months. The CL is basically a glorified cup competition which anyone can win if they get a bit of luck and play well for about 7 games

Blahblahblah... Chelsea says hi... Inter as well... We regularly have bullshit teams in the final and all of a sudden they‘re good in your opinion... Fecking Tottenham
We had Lyon and Leipzig in the semis
It’s fairly easy because as I‘ve been trying to tell you for years, more often than not, great form is able to beat better quality... It happens quite often - just not as often as in one-legged competitions...[/quote]
Chelsea the team that won multiple league titles before finally winning the CL and Inter that won the treble?

Also, this Leipzig you're making fun of is your expected Bundesliga winner. And they didn't win the CL.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League