You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-05-22] FC Bayern München vs Inter Milan CL FINAL!

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who will win the Champions League final?

Poll ended at Sun May 23, 2010 1:13 am

FC Bayern
82%
Inter Milan
18%

Total votes : 112

Re: [2010-05-22] FC Bayern München vs Inter Milan CL FINAL!

Postby shpati_L1 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:30 pm

Read the post again Machkover ;)
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby machkover » Mon May 24, 2010 10:03 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:Read the post again Machkover ;)

Do you mean my own post . why should i reread it ?? what's wrong with it ??? only lahm or bastian deserve to be our captain !!!! :lol: :lol:
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shpati_L1 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Ooh shit i swear i quoted u in another thread o.O
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby machkover » Mon May 24, 2010 11:25 pm

EQ Kimball wrote:Everybody should shut up and let the BOWSS HOWGG put things in order;

I would be gald to see you changing your "EQ Kimball" to "BOWSS HOWGG" though :mrgreen: !!we are all angry to have lost the f***** final . :evil: yet we are not supposed to misbehave towards our forumers [-X . Even LVG wouldn't use your phrase :everybody should shut up and let the boss put things in order . maybe maurinho would !!you owe us apologies lol !!
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby eddinanM3 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:15 am

Every dog has its day and this season was finally Inter's day. Bayern will be back to the CL Final soon enough and it will taste all the sweeter because we will remember this defeat. :mrgreen:
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Postby mrfocus » Tue May 25, 2010 2:41 pm

machkover wrote:one more remark about that final . i v'e been watching it many times . and every time i see van boomel touching the ball i ask myself : What a shame we have such a guy as a captain ? he slows our game as usual .almost all his passes were backward. he couldn't make the difference btw a BL match and a CL one .
Who do you think is the best alternative to play his role on the pitch ? :?: :?: :?: :?:

You do realize that at after the first goal, there were about 9 people behind the ball on Inter's side. That means that Ribery, Muller, Olic and Robben had at least 2 players covering them. You except van Bommel to come up with a dream pass forward when no one is free?
He didn't really have a choice to slow the game down, because the FCB way of playing (never give up the ball possession for a stupid pass forward) required that he find that perfect pass forward.
mrfocus
Getting the hang of it

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:10 pm

Ok I came back yesterday but I was so tired that I just didnt have the power to write anything "big" on this forum:)

The game was Ok...It was quite the same as I imagined it in my mind over and over again before the game...

We had the posession, they were defending and looking for counters.

Difference in this game was...that they scored at the right moments and we did not score when we should. Nothing else!!!..they were not better than us.

It was all about luck and the timing...

1. Their 1st goal came from nothing [Milito lowing down the ball for Sneijder and than running to get the pass back - it came from Julio Cesar`s goal kick]...and that goal came after we started to dominate them. I know Demichelis should react better but it was one of those moments when he would made a mistake once in 100 times and it was at that moment that he made that 1 mistake.

2. Than we again played like we should...took the game and posession...they were defending...and we had our chances but did not take them.
And after that we received another counter attack goal and that was it.

What I wanted to say...If there was not for Maicon and his hand...DVB would 100% score and we would be in the game. And if Chivu got the second yellow for fauling Robben when it was clear that he was going towards the goal...we would probably win this game.
If Muller scored that goal it would be different.
If Cesar did not make that world-class save [ Robben shot] we would be celebrating.

It was all about the small things... and those small things are responsible for the winner.

It was all like I imagined...In this big - one games you need to have a lot of luck and that luck should come at the right time...and in this game it came for Inter.

And that is why I wont be saying anything bad about our players...I can only congratulate them for reaching the finals and can only hope they give me the same satisfaction and happiness next season. So I can maybe go to see the finals again.

Noone can deny that they brought us 10x more happiness and beautifull things than bad moments this season.

So stop complaining and be happy that we could enjoy this rear moment [our team being in the finals] because it does not happy many times...Imagine how sad were the Real Madrid and Barcelona fans when they saw Bayern and Inter supporters singing and enjoying themeselfs in the middle of the Spain!

Pictures and "the story" will be published in some other thread:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue May 25, 2010 3:45 pm

I understand the frustration of most of the people here. It's hard to accept this defeat after so many years waiting for the golden opportunity to reaffirm the club's place with the best of Europe. My consolation is that this defeat is by far more bearable than the one in 1999, don't how many of fellow supporters here lived the dreadful game, but bayern had reached this final after previously failing in 2 previous finals of 1982 and 1987 so the expectations were very high. Bayern were ready to start celebrating but everyone knows how all hell broke loose during just 3 minutes of added time. One cannot describe such sudden reversal of how it felt at that time trying to find reason for this. However it seems that on reaching such a level, that team was motivated to move on from that defeat, and never look back and within 2 years they managed to win.
I think Rumenigge had this in mind when after this final he said, let's do like we did in 99.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby eddinanM3 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:44 pm

That would mean that Bayern will win the CL Final in 2012 in the Allianz Arena!

How big is that party going to be? :mrgreen:
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Postby eddinanM3 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:51 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Ok I came back yesterday but I was so tired that I just didnt have the power to write anything "big" on this forum:)

The game was Ok...It was quite the same as I imagined it in my mind over and over again before the game...

We had the posession, they were defending and looking for counters.

Difference in this game was...that they scored at the right moments and we did not score when we should. Nothing else!!!..they were not better than us.

It was all about luck and the timing...

1. Their 1st goal came from nothing [Milito lowing down the ball for Sneijder and than running to get the pass back - it came from Julio Cesar`s goal kick]...and that goal came after we started to dominate them. I know Demichelis should react better but it was one of those moments when he would made a mistake once in 100 times and it was at that moment that he made that 1 mistake.

2. Than we again played like we should...took the game and posession...they were defending...and we had our chances but did not take them.
And after that we received another counter attack goal and that was it.

What I wanted to say...If there was not for Maicon and his hand...DVB would 100% score and we would be in the game. And if Chivu got the second yellow for fauling Robben when it was clear that he was going towards the goal...we would probably win this game.
If Muller scored that goal it would be different.
If Cesar did not make that world-class save [ Robben shot] we would be celebrating.

It was all about the small things... and those small things are responsible for the winner.

It was all like I imagined...In this big - one games you need to have a lot of luck and that luck should come at the right time...and in this game it came for Inter.

And that is why I wont be saying anything bad about our players...I can only congratulate them for reaching the finals and can only hope they give me the same satisfaction and happiness next season. So I can maybe go to see the finals again.

Noone can deny that they brought us 10x more happiness and beautifull things than bad moments this season.

So stop complaining and be happy that we could enjoy this rear moment [our team being in the finals] because it does not happy many times...Imagine how sad were the Real Madrid and Barcelona fans when they saw Bayern and Inter supporters singing and enjoying themeselfs in the middle of the Spain!

Pictures and "the story" will be published in some other thread:)

Very true that the little things all add up and in the end they can make the difference btween winning and losing!

Didn't it seem like Bayern could have attacked/probed more in the middle of the field? Inter gave us tons of space there because they were doubling and tripling Robben all the time, but Schweini and MVB never took advantage of it to any degree!
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Postby machkover » Wed May 26, 2010 1:01 am

eddinanM3 wrote:]
Very true that the little things all add up and in the end they can make the difference btween winning and losing!

Didn't it seem like Bayern could have attacked/probed more in the middle of the field? Inter gave us tons of space there because they were doubling and tripling Robben all the time, but Schweini and MVB never took advantage of it to any degree!

I said the same thing earlier about MVBoomel but "Mrfocus" and many others do not seem to agree though it is TRUE . Just go back to your DVDs of the match and watch it again . but as the Kaizer had put it : if Ribery had been on the pitch we could have seen a completely different game !!!! i hated Boomel for a while ,but i will certainly hate Platini forever. :evil: :evil:
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby KAHN » Wed May 26, 2010 4:17 am

Mrfocus was right. MVB was not having a bad game at all. Problem is that except Robben we didn't have world class player in front. Olic,Swaini,Altntop,Muller are not and will never be world class players. We function very well as a team. But this is one game. A CL final. Game where other team play catanachio. Even Barcelona players couldn't break there defense. But they were so close to do that. While we look like we will not score even if the game last for two days. I respect sch0ll7s comments very much, but to say Demichelis had one of those moments is a joke. The whole game Milito win every air ball, every duel, he was stronger, faster and just own Demichelis and DVB in every aspect. Before they score I was talking about Maicons hand, Ribery, second yellow... But when we conceive goal like that, it was clear that we cant be the best club in Europa. In 1999 I was 14. It was the first Bayern Cl final in my life. I have been heavily beaten, I live true bombing and wars but this was the worst night of my life! But I adore every single player of that team. Because they give there best. Even the 38 year old Matthäus had one of the best seasons of his life. I was so proud of them. But I also learn just how rare those games are. Life is not playstation. You cant just buy couple of new players and expect to get opportunity to try again. It is the biggest prize in football for a reason. It will be so hard to reach the final again. That is why I am so mad. Our players got such a magnificent chance and they didn't give there best to win, not by a long shot. :evil:
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby eddinanM3 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:48 am

What did MVB do offensively in the game with Inter that was above average??? And I am aware that he is a defensive mid, but Bayern had the ball 65 or 70% of the game of the damn game and I never once saw him go forward and do anything of note. I order to break a defense you actually have to take a CHANCE once in awhile and I didn't see MVB or Schweini do that in this game.
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Postby Aequitas1987 » Wed May 26, 2010 7:33 am

Its simple. The theory with the team was to be EVEN BETTER at keeping possession hence less risky this is because they know how clinical Inter is on the counter being a 'reaction' team. Lahm put it best...we gave 'inter too much respect'. MVB and Schweini were probably ordered to keep possession and let Altintop/Muller/Olic/Ribery do the breaking up.

We saw how dangerous Inter is in the counter...they are better than the 2008 ManU on the counter. Although I was hoping after the first goal they could get more risky they did try to but Inter scored the 2nd at the perfect time. Honestly...if we had Contento as LB and Badstuber as CB we would not have lost this game. That was the only change we needed. I hope LVG puts more faith into Contento like he does with Alaba and Badstuber.

Is it just me or does LVG not like players who go for the 'defence splitting passes frequently'...Contento is that kind of player he tries to do that with Ribery in front and Baumjohann was definitely that kind of player, he would not go for safe option 1 / safe option 2 but rather go for the risky pass. I hope if Contento evolves to a balanced passer in which he is safe 60-70% Of the time by keeping possession but still goes for risky passes the other 30% of the time....

We all know Kroos is going to do that a lot, he is there for the defense splitting passes...I just hope LVG does not make him "too safe" like he did with Schweini and MVB in the final.

Its only the first season under LVG philosophy, I believe the creative passing, dynamic positioning and more risque playstyle still needs to come...which it will with players like Contento, Ribery, Robben, Kroos and even Schweini on the pitch. Just waiting for the next level of his philosophy to show its face. :D
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:13 pm

KAHN...I was talking about mistake that he did not win the header before it came to Milito...We all know that Demichelis is one of the strongest defenders with his head. and he would headed that ball away in 99%...but that 1 flopp came at the right time for Inter and Milito.

I am not defending Demichelis and DVB...as they did not have a good game and probably if we had Lucio in that final and they had DVB we would win the CL.

But like I said this is final game and there are alot of little things that decide the winner and those little things were on Inters side.

This was their year to win the CL...just like it was Man Utd year in 99` to win it...everything went to their account...all gods were on their side.

And about not giving everything...I just dont know how someone can say something like that. That is unbeliveable. They gave everything they had but Inter defense was just too compact and too strong for our players to brake it. You only get 1 or 2 chances against their defensive play and we had them and we didnt took them.

Even Barca could not brake their defense and Inter had 10 man on the pitch...

Like LVG said... "It is easier to defend than to attack"
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League