You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-05-22] FC Bayern München vs Inter Milan CL FINAL!

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who will win the Champions League final?

Poll ended at Sun May 23, 2010 1:13 am

FC Bayern
82%
Inter Milan
18%

Total votes : 112

Re: [2010-05-22] FC Bayern München vs Inter Milan CL FINAL!

Postby shileno » Sun May 23, 2010 10:41 pm

You just can't blame Muller for that. Is his first season here, and plus you have to deal in a final against great defenders. Inter didn't have so so great defense like everyone says, of course, they know how to defend because it's easy to put 8 players and 2 for the counterattack, but even Altintop made some troubles to Maicon, Olic too, no question about Robben. Muller did good for me, it was a final, he missed a goal but, he had Lucio or Samuel and J.Cesar next to him, it's very difficult. I really would like to see Pato, Pjanic and Ozil in a final hehe.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby SilentStrike » Sun May 23, 2010 11:27 pm

I agree with him actually. I was never that full of Muller.
He has good movement off the ball but his finishing is terrible and it almost cost us several times this season but we were lucky Robben and Olic made up for it.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon May 24, 2010 12:12 am

I couldn't sleep right now so I thought that I could read some of you guys in here :D

Well, I remember that I said "Müller will miss another easy goal chance (Like against Lyon (TWICE), and Bremen in Pokal) and we'll lose the final"

But it wasn't his fault at all. This is why we needed Ribery. Robben was the only dangerous player for Inter, so everytime he had the ball there were like 3 or 4 players around him. No one cared about Altintop because he is not a World Class player. If Ribery had played the game, they couldn't just put 3 or 4 players on both, so there would have been much more individualities and spaces.

I hope Aequitas finally has realized this :wink:

I was talking with Schollie before the match and we both agreed that we were going to concede a goal first, and that was the worst scenario. And it was like that. Then after the half time we were playing good. It seemed a bit like Old Trafford game to me. We were dominating and we were having good goal chances... but then, we get killed in a counter attack in the most decissive moment of the match.

It was a very special match for me. I was born and lived in Madrid till I was 4 years old. I have great memories from the city. We have played a lot of memorable games at Santiago Bernabeu in the last decade and if we had won the game, Bundesliga would have taken the 4th Champions League place... It was the best scenario possible for a win. It was a very special match... but it was the worst scenario for a loss. I'm still kind of shocked. I still remember every match in this Champions League edition and it really hurts me. I'm thinking of Juve, Fiorentina, ManU, Lyon... It was a very emotional Champions League for us.

But on the other hand, I think that we don't have such a strong team to win the treble. We were really near, but come on. In 2001 we were much better and balanced than now, and we couldn't win it. Like Schollie said, Inter have more experienced players who are playing the best football of their careers. They are world class in almost every line. I think that with Ribery we could have won the much though. I'm really proud of our players (and COACH) and what they've done this season. :)

Next year we will have new players and I trust in Van Gaal. We will be MUCH more stronger. We will have better defenders. We will have Toni Kroos. We will have Ribery at 100% and we will have Robben, Lahm and Schweinsteiger... I think that we all should be very optimistic for the next season

:wink:
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Spain

Postby KAHN » Mon May 24, 2010 2:44 am

I agree about Muller. He doesn't look like world class player. But it was not his game to win.
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby eddinanM3 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:28 am

I think that you guys are off base about Muller, go back and look at the replay of the game and you will see that he was one of the very few that had any movement in that game at Madrid, too many of our players were just standing in there zonal spots waiting for a pass i.e. Badstuber and they never moved their lazy asses only to pass the ball right back to the person they got it from. Muller ran into open spaces the whole game and provided outlets for others and actually had all the most dangerous chances that we had in the game, Lucio cleared one with a dangerous high kick that wasn't called and Ceasar made a great save with his legs on the one after half that could have gone in/ maybe should have? And Cambiaso cleared another luckily with his head near the line. I have watched the replay several times now and Muller did his share and more in this game, he was unlucky not to score and if he was a little more experienced and stronger physically he would have scored. If you want to lay blame in this game for Bayern you can start with MVB and Schweini because BOTH had very poor games and were very timid going forward which = death for Bayern. Those two set the pace for Bayern and from what I saw it not aggresive in the least, all they did was send the ball sideways to Robben the whole game and Inter knew that was coming and Robben always had two or three guys to beat. Inter dropped way back in defense the whole damn middle of the pitch was open for Schweini and MVB and they were just too scared and showed way too much respect to Inter by not going down the middle with any runs or give and go's. It was their worst combined effort for the both of them this season IMO, Schweini was so far back at times I thought he was playing CB! [-X

Badstuber gave us nothing on the left and Altintop doesn't have the speed to get by people so the left side was really weak. Not having Ribery did hurt and we all knew it would.

Van Buyten really let me down in this game and his blunder with Milito is inexcusable for the years he has played and the second half of this season his form has really slipped from the first half of the year. Demi forgot the golden rule of not letting your player get behind you and also got burned, but those were things that happened off and on all season so I knew it could easily happen. What hurts the most is that I think Bayern just played way too much in a passive state like they didn't want to lose instead of going for the win and they knew Inter had a great defense the only way to beat a great defense is too force it into situations that it doesn't like i.e. end to end play and Bayern never did that.
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ManUFan » Mon May 24, 2010 8:13 am

There are so called 'late bloomers' like Drogba and Henry.

I wouldnt write off Muller yet if i were you guys. I enjoyed his work rate but that clear miss really hurt me on the opening seconds. I dont understand how on earth he could miss that??? i think he needs more experience thats all, imagine how much pressure is on for a young lad trying to score against a world class goalkeeper cesar? with almost the entire stadium packed with inter milan fans!!
ManUFan
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Mon May 24, 2010 9:36 am

shileno wrote:You just can't blame Muller for that. Is his first season here, and plus you have to deal in a final against great defenders. Inter didn't have so so great defense like everyone says, of course, they know how to defend because it's easy to put 8 players and 2 for the counterattack, but even Altintop made some troubles to Maicon, Olic too, no question about Robben. Muller did good for me, it was a final, he missed a goal but, he had Lucio or Samuel and J.Cesar next to him, it's very difficult. I really would like to see Pato, Pjanic and Ozil in a final hehe.

At Least Mueller had chances unlike others

Mueller wont be a star , but he is very good
Element

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby armbrust » Mon May 24, 2010 10:03 am

Its hard to dissagre with you element but i will about lucio, it was a big flop to let him go and fill the spot only with holger.

About muller hes a good player, but hes not a starter.

If we had this forward midfield:

Ribery...Kroos...Muller

For sure we would have scored at least one.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AvatarX » Mon May 24, 2010 11:25 am

Muller didn't play that good and he obviously is still very young to handle the pressure CL knockout games.
But in my personal opinion he has the potential to be a very good attacker (more potential than Gomez anyhow).

I think we all agree that, until then, we need a better, proven attacker.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby machkover » Mon May 24, 2010 3:34 pm

AvatarX wrote:Muller didn't play that good and he obviously is still very young to handle the pressure CL knockout games.
But in my personal opinion he has the potential to be a very good attacker (more potential than Gomez anyhow).

I think we all agree that, until then, we need a better, proven attacker.

Our concentration should rather focus on defence where we really suck #-o . it's LVG's concern that Olic muller and hopefully Gomiss will do better next season ' we don't need new signings in attack).He will also have to advise our board about our next signings specially in defense ( i hope we will sign GERMAN ones .there are a few good names in BL, but not Boateng althogh he's better than Van buyten). with Kroos's come back , i hope to see Bastian as the captain and with more control of the games.i am looking forward to the day when van boomel leaves Bayern.
I can only imagine a better Bayern next season . the next double is in the pocket for sure . what about the CL ?? The Semis is the least level LVG should aim at .
we lost the final but we were the better side !!blame it on LUCK and Platini !! :evil: :evil:
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Slemba » Mon May 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Guys ..I'm worry about Schollie ,he didn't report back from Madrid :shock:

We are waiting his review and pics :mrgreen:
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Mon May 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Slemba wrote:uys ..I'm worry about Schollie ,he didn't report back from Madrid

Still Shocked !!!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby EQ Kimball » Mon May 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Everybody should shut up and let the BOWSS HOWGG put things in order;

1. Muller is overrated. And he does not have the experience as shown over and over, to be playing at the CL final.
2. LVG is mostly responsible for our loss at the final; I already explained the problems with the lineup.
3. We did overcome impossible odds and we were very very lucky in many instances, we all know we never expected to get this far.
4. Gomez = pure TRASH and that is never going to change. I am happy to learn that he will not be with us for long.
5. We are all pleased, when looking back at things, that we accomplished a lot this season.
6. All we can do now is hope they invest wisely in some new transfers. For those that keep saying we ONLY need this and that, remember that having a great bench for replacements is never a bad idea.

Now everybody get on a new topic; like what's your favorite position. Mine is 69.

I dedicate this post to the efforts of our moderators, members, and most importantly, my brothers that have been supporting me all along this season. I want to thank God, and Emma Rosentein, Gilli Hicks and the wonderful staff at Lionsgate Producion, and of course my beautiful wife Barbie "I love you honey!" *waves*...and last but not least, I want to thank all of you fans out there, for without your support with wouldn't be possible.

Al Salami-and-pastrami alaikum.

- Malik Shabazz III
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby machkover » Mon May 24, 2010 7:19 pm

one more remark about that final . i v'e been watching it many times . and every time i see van boomel touching the ball i ask myself : What a shame we have such a guy as a captain ? he slows our game as usual .almost all his passes were backward. he couldn't make the difference btw a BL match and a CL one .
Who do you think is the best alternative to play his role on the pitch ? :?: :?: :?: :?:
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby eddinanM3 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Schweini is the person who should step into Van Bommel's shoes when he leaves and when that is nobody knows. I would like to see LVG try something a bit different next season because we give up a lot of offensive potential in the middle of the pitch with Van Bommel starting. And in the Final in Madrid he just didn't do anything going forward, it was like he was scared or something?
eddinanM3
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League