You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-05-22] FC Bayern München vs Inter Milan CL FINAL!

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who will win the Champions League final?

Poll ended at Sun May 23, 2010 1:13 am

FC Bayern
82%
Inter Milan
18%

Total votes : 112

Re: [2010-05-22] FC Bayern München vs Inter Milan CL FINAL!

Postby AvatarX » Sun May 23, 2010 9:47 am

Video highlights:

All in all, although we had one of our worst games, we had some good chances to equalize, but we were a bit unlucky with Cesar deflect the ball with his feet and Cambiaso deflect the ball in Muller's shot. We must improve our effectiveness (possibly with a top class ST) and our dis-effectiveness (with a top class CB).

As LVG said "The smallest things make the difference" in this type of matches.

Too bad we lost a great chance this year but I am optimistic that we'll get another chance in the upcoming 2-3 years if we make some good transfer moves and continue to play like we did after Juve game.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shpati_L1 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:02 am

I'm really disappointed because we had the best chance to win it.
Who knows if we will be in the final again ?
The next season we won't even pass the quarter finals.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 23, 2010 10:44 am

I'm disappointed... but not as much as I thought I would be. Why? I never thought we'd win the double and reach the CL final after the first half of the season. What we did this year was amazing.

To be honest, I think we had a decent chance to win yesterday. We had a few really good chances (particularly Muller's 46th minute chance). We just failed to take them.

I wonder what would have happened if Ribery had been playing. It would have been a totally different game. Inter wouldn't have been able to close down Robben with 4 players because Ribery would have had too much space in that case.

Anyway... it's time to move on. All we need is a few key signings, one of which seems likely from recent comments. Just bring a world-class fullback (Zhirkov), a world-class CB (Vidic), and a new, good forward who's capable of finishing (unlikely to happen though, but we don't have a decent finisher in our team... Klose is way out of form). I'd say bring in a GK too but we know how unlikely that is. Just do these transfers Nerlinger, and with Van Gaal as coach I'd be surprised if we don't reach the final again in the next 3 years.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Sun May 23, 2010 11:39 am

Well
At first

Congrats Inter , and A Big Thank you for our Team for this Great Season , 2 Titles and A CL Final

We are Now World class Again , And A Team from Europe's Elite
========
My Review

Inter was Not Better than us , They were Just Smarter and more effective than us

Mourinho Knew how to play vs Us

The Best Way to stop Possession Football teams is to let them play their game

and this is what happened . we had nearly 65% Ball control , but their Defense was the best i have ever seen , Just Flawless

then our CBs are Totally Bad , so take advantage of that

=================
This is what They did . Mourinho was F***ing Smart , He Just wanted to play for the cup and he did

Their First Goal just needed 4 Touches (Cesar-Milito-Sneijder-Milito)

Their 2nd Goal showed how embarrassing our CBs are (I Still laugh every time i remember Milito's 2nd goal !!!)

================
All I can Say

Get Us A World Class LB NOT RB (Zhirkov or Clichy) and World class CB (Mexes , or Even Chivu)
============
Slemba wrote:This match showed us that defense wins attack any day .

one of the most Famous American Football (And sports Quotes) is

"Offense sells tickets, Defense wins championships".

Which was later changed to "Offense wins Games, Defense wins championships".

I Agree With The First one (The Real quote)

people come to watch Fun Games not boring defense , But At the end

Greece wins Euro2004 with Defense (LMAO still cant believe it )

Inter Wins the 2010 CL with Defense
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby lellsing » Sun May 23, 2010 11:44 am

shpati_L1 wrote:Who knows if we will be in the final again ?
The next season we won't even pass the quarter finals.

It wasn't our first time reaching the final and surly it won't be the last, I'm as optimistic as AvatarX, FCBayernMunchen and any Bayern fan who believes that we will reach the final again in the next 2-3 years and hopefully win it :wink:
Let's not forget some points here:
1.Maybe we have some world class players, but we also have Bundesliga level players and some are even less.
2.We have a pathetic Defence, surly it was the biggest reason why we lost.
3.This is Van Gaal's first season, it took Mourinho two season to reach the UCL final with a better quality players than ours.
and what we've learned this season that:
Van Gaal > Mourinho
lellsing
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 23, 2010 11:51 am

Just to add some more.

1. We had a very young squad this season, without experience. Even some of the older players had never (or rarely) played in the CL before. Our players will be more experienced next season.
2. 2012 final in Munich will be a big motivator for the team, like Heoness pointed out yesterday. I'm sure we'll invest well so that we'll have the best team by 2012.
3. Our younger players will keep developing. In a few years they'll probably be better than they are now.
4. We lost in 1999 and won two years later in 2001. Will we do the same, and win in two years time in 2012 (in Munich)? Who knows...
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bavarezul13 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:11 pm

wtf wtf wtf...all people are now inter fans....fuck them fuck fuck fuck...and they say that inter was the best if they won ucl :roll: ...wtf they were nothing compared to barca or bayern...why the hell don't these stupid people understand that the best team don't win allways !!!i'll hate inter for the rest of my life...real,manchester,milan and now inter...fuck them all
bavarezul13
Getting the hang of it

Postby AvatarX » Sun May 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Interesting article, comparing the last night game with Inter-Barca 1st leg. Both Bayern and Barca were superior in the statistics, both lost with 2 goals margin..

Inter Milan vs Barcelona, First Leg
Statistic Barca Inter
Possession 67% 33%
Passes Attempted 636 271
Passes Completed 521 158
Pass Completion % 82% 58%
Best Individual Passer Xavi Hernandez (93/108) Javier Zanetti (21/29)

Bayern Munich vs Inter Milan
Statistic Bayern Inter
Possession 66% 34%
Passes Attempted 643 289
Passes Completed 536 176
Pass Completion % 83% 61%
Best Individual Passer Bastian Schweinsteiger (104/114) Wesley Sneijder (25/38)

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editor ... -lose-like
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Really good article
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Slemba » Sun May 23, 2010 12:49 pm

Element wrote:one of the most Famous American Football (And sports Quotes) is

100 true !!

What I meant is Great defence + Average offense > Great offense + Average defence ..
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby pavlos21 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:58 pm

congratulations to the team.we tried but it was not enough maybe the chance of muller in the start of second would change the game but we will never know.

i think mourininho was very smart yesterday he let us play and his defense was like a charm not even a mistake,he made etto play all around like a cmd sometimes and his players played the counters perfectly cause all can keep possession of the ball and have good pass.

first reason we lost was our terrible defence we should be happy we reach the final with these cb's.especially the first goal was something to shame for.even pantev sometimes was looking like world class against our defense.

we played better and made more chances but the difference is that there was a huge gap in the overall teams class,just look the defense of inter and all others.we lost some opportunities that milito would not loose.

great game from butt and amazing from lahm,robben tried too but he was alone dont understand why sweiny was so afraid and he was staying back he could help with his skills but he only attacked once in the end and they stop him with foul.
all team was ok but we dint had the players in the bench like inter did.ribery played a vital part to our defeat and luck also we could get that penalty in maicon hand at the beginning.

i am so sad it was a chance for us to take the cup and try again in 2 years in our home.
pavlos21
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby pavlos21 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:10 pm

Slemba wrote:
Element wrote:one of the most Famous American Football (And sports Quotes) is

100 true !!

What I meant is Great defence + Average offense > Great offense + Average defence ..

inter had defense but they had perfect attack mechanism and also world class strikers.we are lucky that they dint attack in waves yesterday cause with our amateur defense the score could it be bigger.
greece also played defense but they could score with few chances too.

if we need 10 opportunities to score a goal and muller looses a chance from 3 meters in the second half in a final and then we make a sub with gomez the most overrated player in the history of bayern.
see our team and our weaknesses and dont blame the others.but i say again luck plays a big role we could win inter easily.

and yesterday was average offense + terrible defense < great offense + perfect defense
Last edited by pavlos21 on Sun May 23, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pavlos21
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby asdf » Sun May 23, 2010 1:14 pm

bavarezul13 wrote:wtf wtf wtf...all people are now inter fans....**** them **** **** ****...and they say that inter was the best if they won ucl :roll: ...wtf they were nothing compared to barca or bayern...why the hell don't these stupid people understand that the best team don't win allways !!!i'll hate inter for the rest of my life...real,manchester,milan and now inter...**** them all

How can you say that? They were the much better team in Italy than Barcelona, and the 3-1 scoreline proved that...And then what do you want Inter to do with 10 men in Nou Camp? Attack? Are you mad?

Then with regards to last night, Bayern had all the possession but done nothing with it...so I'd hardly say they are better than Inter.
asdf
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern123 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:17 pm

This was a very frustrating loss. OUR TEAM LOOKED SLUGGISH!!! Everyone played timid and thus made stupid and uncharacteristic mistakes. IT WAS DISAPPOINTING!!

I always said in these posts. DON"T PUT BADSTUBER OUT ON THE WING!! NO SPEED, NO CREATIVITY, NOT A LB!!! It was just too easy for INTER.

LVG should have played CONTENTO! That was frustrating.

CBs were just awful! I hope they sell Demichelis. AND pick up a WORLD CLASS SHUT DOWN DEFENDER!!!!!!!

Some people here have suggested that Bayern need help in the striker position.

I AGREE!!!!! OLIC is good, hard working player. Someone you want on your team. AND MULLER has showed a lot in his first year.

BUT, unless Gomez shows up, BAYERN NEED A WORLD CLASS EXPERIENCED STRIKER!!

BYE BYE to:
DEMICHELIS
ALTINTOP
KLOSE
bayern123
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Yes, I'm starting to think a real striker should be one of our priorities. I've been thinking about it for some time but we were still scoring goals and winning, so I never mentioned anything. But after yesterday's game, it's clear that we need someone with a good first touch and capable of finishing.

Muller should either be played next to Kroos in a 4-1-2-3, or else benched and used as a super sub in most games for Kroos, Robbery, or our new forward. Olic should stay. He'll still get plenty of playing time whenever we need help in attack. If they're not doing enough, you simply take off Kroos or MVB and put in Olic, and switch from 4-3-3 to 4-2-2-2. We might also end up play a few 4-1-2-1-2 games with Olic and the new forward, up front, and Kroos/Muller behind.

That's how I see Bayern next season. I hope it does turn out to be true, because we shouldn't just be happy with what we've achieved this season. We should build on what we've done this year, so that we can do it again, and maybe even better (the treble).

EDIT: And no "let's see if Gomez shows up next season" please. The time for experiments is over if we want to be successful. By all means, loan Gomez off to Stuttgart and bring him back if he regains his form, but no experiments with him at Bayern. I'd rather bring Ibra for that. At least he shows up in small games
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League