You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-05-22] FC Bayern München vs Inter Milan CL FINAL!

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who will win the Champions League final?

Poll ended at Sun May 23, 2010 1:13 am

FC Bayern
82%
Inter Milan
18%

Total votes : 112

Re: [2010-05-22] FC Bayern München vs Inter Milan CL FINAL!

Postby MUTU » Tue May 18, 2010 5:43 pm

tav13 wrote:
MUTU wrote:As explained before regarding Balotelli cutting his training short, it's only precautionary: http://it.euronews.net/flashnews/256635 ... ticamento/

balotelli will be out

Do you have a source for this or is it just your opinion? I found no information as to your claim.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue May 18, 2010 6:16 pm

tav13 wrote:http://www.bolognatg24.it/sport/2010/05/18/5076/inter-%E2%80%93-bayern-monaco-balotelli-infortunato-svanisce-il-sogno-champions-di-supermario/

I don't buy into it. Just speculation before it was confirmed that nothing was serious. Otherwise by now it'll be all over the internet including the Inter website.

=====

PS: Moved some unrelated posts to the General Chat thread
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue May 18, 2010 7:08 pm

"Franck was very disappointed with the ruling and also sad that he's not going to be playing the final," said Rummenigge.

"I understand his disappointment and his distress but I'm sure it won't be the last time we contend the Champions League final.

"Next time he'll be there and on the pitch to help us win it."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 70,00.html
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernSteffi » Tue May 18, 2010 7:12 pm

I am interested in what formation Van Gaal has planned for inter. I am hoping tymoschuck gets the start with van bommel in CM, with schweinsteiger pushing up the middle as a CAM. And then Gomez on top of the diamond, with Olic and Robben on the wings?

what do you all think?
FCBayernSteffi
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue May 18, 2010 7:26 pm

FCBayernSteffi wrote:I am hoping tymoschuck gets the start with van bommel in CM, with schweinsteiger pushing up the middle as a CAM

I think it would be suicidal to move Schweinsteiger away from the position in which he's performed consistently (for once) and world class in to one in which he has so far failed to perform in. I can't imagine him experimenting in the most important match we've played in the last 9 years.

FCBayernSteffi wrote:And then Gomez on top of the diamond, with Olic and Robben on the wings?

For the same reason I'm also expecting Gomez to be on the bench. I like Gomez, don't get me wrong, but he's out of form and match practice. He's scored just 2 goals in 2010, with the last one being on 13th February. We don't really want him in our starting XI.

I think in attack, Olic will partner up with Mueller again (I would rather have Klose but van Gaal loves Mueller)
In midfield, I expect Altintop to play instead of the suspended Ribery (Pranjic being the other option), and then Schweini and van Bommel in midfield, and Robben on the right.
I think the only big question mark is in defence.

Option A (most commonly used formation):
Badstuber---------van Buyten------------Demichelis--------------Lahm

Option B (the way we played against Lyon when Badstuber was suspended):
Contento----------van Buyten-----------Demichelis-----------Lahm

Option C:
Contento----------Badstuber----------van Buyten----------Lahm

I think these are the 3 most probable formations. Of course you can think of many others, such as Option C with Demichelis replacing van Buyten, or playing Pranjic as LB as he did at the start of the season.

One thing is crucial though, it's the speed of Eto'o down their right flank (marked by our LB position).
Eto'o is faster than all 3 players who could play as LBs, but Badstuber is by far the slowest of the lot. I am sure that this decision will give van Gaal a headache.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby armbrust » Tue May 18, 2010 7:50 pm

No one was expecting bayern to reach the Final

You are wrong:

1) BET ID=309092061
Future Wager 02/17/10 11:15 ET
bet 50,00 to win 600,00 Result: Pending

UEFA Champions League 2009-10 - Odds to Win - All Bets Action
Bayern Munich 05/27/10(14:45 ET)
+1200
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby besi » Tue May 18, 2010 8:01 pm

At this moment the best formation against Inter can be ,

butt

Lahm van Buyten Demichelis Contento
van Bommel
Tymoshchuk Schweinsteiger
Robben Müller

Olic
besi
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue May 18, 2010 8:30 pm

MUTU wrote:For all those who believe in a conspiracy theory against Bayern, let me throw some fuel into the fire...

The president of CAS is Mino Auletta, an Italian man from Milan. Makes the decision a bit less surprising, doesn't it? :)

The cheating italians never fail to amaze me. So first there is an Italian referee Rosetti who is allowed to ref this game and shows a straight red card to Ribery and now this.

Somehow things always manage to shape in their favour don't they. I think the italian games started even before the 1st lyon match, when considering the perfect timing when the news about the French national players scandal broke out. Remember that In this match it's not just the cup that is being played but also the number of qualifying teams from the respective associations. Bayern is messing with Calciopoli Land.

Anyone remember Frings' suspension from the WC 2006 semifinal against Italy because of the skirmishes with Argentine players in the previous match? first he was going to be allowed to play but then he was stopped because of some photos showing a confusion of players with Frings in the middle came out.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby AvatarX » Tue May 18, 2010 9:29 pm

MUTU wrote:I think the only big question mark is in defence.

Option A (most commonly used formation):
Badstuber---------van Buyten------------Demichelis--------------Lahm

Option B (the way we played against Lyon when Badstuber was suspended):
Contento----------van Buyten-----------Demichelis-----------Lahm

Option C:
Contento----------Badstuber----------van Buyten----------Lahm

I think these are the 3 most probable formations. Of course you can think of many others, such as Option C with Demichelis replacing van Buyten, or playing Pranjic as LB as he did at the start of the season.

One thing is crucial though, it's the speed of Eto'o down their right flank (marked by our LB position).
Eto'o is faster than all 3 players who could play as LBs, but Badstuber is by far the slowest of the lot. I am sure that this decision will give van Gaal a headache.

I would go with option C (because of Contento's speed) but with Demi instead of DVB because Milito has speed also and he is too energetic for DVB. Demi, as a south american can mark him better.

LVG will probably choose A. :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby tappinho » Tue May 18, 2010 9:57 pm

it's quite sure Altintop will play LW and Badstuber LB. Even on the official website they speak about the Turkish as the most likely deputy of Ribery.
I think LvG wants to use Altintop and Schweini to protect Badstuber on Maicon's track; it could work.
Still missing my dear Deisler...
_____

Neuer mind the Ballacks
tappinho
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SilentStrike » Tue May 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Pressure wrote:I know I may be biased since I'm an Inter fan, but how could you even possibly think Contento can stop Maicon?
Maybe Contento, along with 2 other players, can stop Maicon.

He said its the best formation.
Not saying its good enough to stop maicon but its better than using Badstuber.

Its not that hard to understand...

Besides, right now there's no LB that can stop Maicon.
Maybe Lahm but he wont play there.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Kallekalle » Tue May 18, 2010 11:42 pm

Hello everybody 1st post here..

I'd like to share the same confidence as eveybody here, aren't we all forgetting this Inter team trashed out of the competition the champions of laLiga and the Premiership??

Trashed AC Milan in front of their supporters 4-0 and 2-0 at home with two men down..

Anyways I'm going for a 2 - 0 win!!!!!!!!! 8) 8)
Kallekalle
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Kallekalle » Wed May 19, 2010 12:04 am

Also guys if there's an italian team we should't blame for cheating is Inter. No media coverture and an establishment openly against.. The cheating italians may very well go with juventus or acMilan.

Our team also went through thanks to some "favours" let's not be hypocritical.

I really hope to see a great match, and none of the fuss.

It's two great teams, with lots of history and load of shared history as well.
Kallekalle
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby shileno » Wed May 19, 2010 2:37 am

Inter needs a midfield, because Schweini and MVB will eat them alive.. Much better if LVG puts Tymo too :twisted:
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby nur4bayern » Wed May 19, 2010 4:44 am

machoman wrote:Only Inter win the Champions League
Inter foreverImage

Oh goodie, an Italian in our midst....hmmm, not that great at Italian but how about...mangi la mie merda!..and...va la scopata voi stessi.

Bayern uber alles! :mrgreen:
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League