You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-09-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:00 pm

FC Barcelona will win
8%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
83%

Total votes : 12

Re: [2021-09-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby bastos80 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:28 pm

ramsej84 wrote:My prediction is a 2-2
we are tired , they are fresh...
They are still a very good team...

They are actually shit and have a horde of injuries :lol:
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:32 pm

I expect a 2 goal margin in favor of Bayern. Wouldn't be surprised if it's more.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:36 pm

aterford wrote:Well, I don't know about you all but tbh I'd be a bit surprised if it's not more or less a bloodbath.
I’m predicting it too, but wouldn’t say I would be surprised if it’s not.

Would be surprised if we don’t win though and would be extremely disappointed with a loss.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:38 pm

America USA wrote:
aterford wrote:Well, I don't know about you all but tbh I'd be a bit surprised if it's not more or less a bloodbath.

I'm not expecting a bloodbath simply because the game will be played in front of the Catalan fans at the Camp Nou. I am confident and expecting a win but that's all. A winning start to the UCL campaign is vital and I think the team and the coach know that as well.

Messi was a great player for Barcelona but I think without him they'll play more like a team since at times with Messi it was as if Barcelona were down to 10 men because he didn't press and didn't come back to defend.
I keep seeing this they’ll play better as a team thing and that might be true but: so what? Man to man we are way, way better than them. They can play as much as a team as they like, the reality is quality-wise that should not be enough to stop us as long as they do the same. Messi was key because he is a player who, even if we outplay them, can give them a win with a moment of magic.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:13 pm

This is probably the worst Barca we've met in years. And its not even close. From Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Griezmann to fucking Luuk de Jong.

I expect a minimum 1-4, so we can send an early warning shot. Plus - beating Barca in their stadium is always a treat.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:27 pm

That's the thing...we've been hearing this "Barca would be better off without Messi anyways" for a while now but like...does anybody actually believe that? I mean, would anyone argue that Barca would've fared better in the 8-2 *without* Messi there?

Maybe if he left Barca 3 years ago or something there'd be a case but at the moment we're still talking about the player who is *at worst* the second-favorite for the Ballon d'Or because of his play for Barca in the past year... It's still very much the same team that was built to have him there only now he's gone. And they've had what, half a dozen games post-Messi? I don't think that adjustment happens overnight. When a team's built around a given player - even if that player's defensive contributions are next to nil - you don't just suddenly get better because that player is gone. I just don't see it. I think *some* of the criticisms of Messi at Barca are justified (though usually wildly overstated) but you'll have a very hard time convincing me that Barca would have worse odds if Messi were still playing for them tomorrow. Like I said: Maybe a few years from now that'll ultimately be a net gain, but right now it's inarguably a massive, massive loss.

And beyond that even when you look at the non-Messi positions the lineup they'll likely send out is much worse on the whole than it was when we thumped them last time. Frenkie and Memphis have been good, but past that? Pique, Alba, Roberto have all declined. Araujo, Garcia, and Lenglet are average at best right now. Pedri looks like he needs to nap for a month. Busquets left his best years behind him quite some time ago, and Ter Stegen is still Ter Static/Ter Statue.... And up top, well...even our Choupo Moting would worry me more than Luuk de Jong at the moment.

Of course that's not to say there are any guarantees (and I don't think 8-2 will likely happen again), you never know what can happen in sport, but on paper we should really come away with a pretty comfortable win. A nervy win or draw would really be disappointing/concerning IMO
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hardrade » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:38 pm

Come on, everyone. Bayern will stomp this team. They are super weak now
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:48 pm

I just hope that neither the players nor the coach are this arrogant or over confident
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:57 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I just hope that neither the players nor the coach are this arrogant or over confident

Arrogant? Its the reality dude, what is arrogance in these posts?
zozon
I'm a post king!

Postby bastos80 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:00 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I just hope that neither the players nor the coach are this arrogant or over confident

I'm not saying we will smash them. For that you always need two sides.
But they are crap right now.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:08 pm

I got worried the moment I saw that Uli thing...
If we fail to beat them get ready for all sorts of insults and jokes...

I have already seen a tweet calling us Nazis and all
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:26 pm

Thank God they sold Vidal.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:33 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I got worried the moment I saw that Uli thing...
If we fail to beat them get ready for all sorts of insults and jokes...

I have already seen a tweet calling us Nazis and all

Why? Because you think Uli ran into the players locker room to tell Barca jokes like that? Its a fact, Barca doesnt want to see yet.

Believe me, everyone wo went there, went there to play for and with Messi.. You actually believe Depay is happy to still be there now? Its the only magnet Barca had, Messi, for players to join. They have no shot at the CL title because their defense is so plain bad.

I even imagine them becoming 4th fiddle in the league behind Atletico, Real and Villareal/Sevilla.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:33 pm

aterford wrote:That's the thing...we've been hearing this "Barca would be better off without Messi anyways" for a while now but like...does anybody actually believe that? I mean, would anyone argue that Barca would've fared better in the 8-2 *without* Messi there?

Absolutely. There is no way we'd have won by that margin if there wasn't the bad teamwork in their squad specifically because of Messi as well as his demoralising presence in the dressing room at half time.

To be fair that result is such a freak result that if you get a time machine and change even one small seemingly-meaningless factor, Bayern wouldn't win 8-2, let alone something as dramatic as Messi.

Perhaps the best comparison was in 2013 when Messi played only the first leg. We won that one 4-0. When he didn't play we won 3-0 instead.

It does not matter how great the player is individually, even if you regard Messi as the GOAT (many do), it's still entirely possible that adding him to your team has a negative effect. Football is a team sport and I don't like to look only at what the player does with the ball at his feet but also the defensive contribution which in Messi's case is non existent to the point where he walks around conserving energy for when his teammates recover the ball and feed it to him.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:37 pm

English referee :twisted:
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
European Union

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League