You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-09-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:00 pm

FC Barcelona will win
8%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
83%

Total votes : 12

Re: [2021-09-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:32 am

I'd also shit myself if I needed to replace the great Musiala. Big shoes to fill.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:40 am

MUTU wrote:I'd also shit myself if I needed to replace the great Musiala. Big shoes to fill.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:35 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:02 pm

America USA wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
America USA wrote:Very happy with the performance and a great result for us but I think Barcelona will be a tougher opponent in the return leg at the Allianz when they will most likely have Aguero, Dembele, Braithwaite, Dest and Fati fit and available.

I hope we can win the return leg at the Allianz as well and continue our dominant home record against Barcelona.
I think it’s the last game. Wouldn’t be surprised if we go out there with the likes of Ulreich, Roca and Choupo-Moting.

Even if it's the last game I think we should play our strong team and not ruin our perfect home record against Barcelona. They will be looking for revenge in the second leg and have some quality players back in the team. I know we'll be playing Dortmund away and Barcelona at home back to back but it's just something that Nagelsmann and the squad have to deal with and we have weak games here and there to rotate and rest our key players.

Barcelona are a big European club and if I had a choice I would win against them and maintain our positive home record against a European rival and accept dropping points in the next BL matchday against Mainz.

That probably is one of the top 3 dumbest things i ever read on this forum. Sorry man, but this is just plain stupid thinking.

Why risk players getting injured in a game that wont matter jack shit in the group stage anymore since Bayern will probably already qualified after day 4, this is the exact right time to rotate players and give them a chance in a ''big'' match like this in the CL. vs Dortmund we will need all anyway, and not giving 100% vs Mainz results in another embarrassment like last season was already a clear case.

And even with our second team we would beat this joke of a Barca..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:18 pm

Please stop the unnecessary aggression towards each other.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:52 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:02 am

Hahaha, awesome! :lol: The last sentence he's so right. We showed respect to Barcelona, too much. That's where you want Flick in charge.

Anyway, I want to see Roncero after Bayern scoring 6-7 goals to R. Madrid.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Ottomeister87 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:04 pm

MUTU wrote:Please stop the unnecessary aggression towards each other.

Unnecessary Aggression? Lol, its a stupid comment, to drop points more or less on purpose, for a game that wont matter shit on matchday 6 in the CL where players should be rested actually in favor of the league..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:19 am

To each his own I guess. Beating a full strength Barcelona (with Fati, Memphis, Aguero, Dembele, Dest, etc.) and maintaining our flawless home record against a direct European rival is higher than a Bundesliga draw against a team like Mainz in my opinion.

Anyways another dimension to the final Group stage game is the fact that assuming Bayern have already qualified as the first placed team in our Group and assuming Barcelona are relying on the final game against us to either make it to the Ro16 or drop down to the EL then that's another added incentive to beat Barcelona and destroy that club even further.

I hate both Real and Barcelona but at least I can respect Real Madrid as a genuine European enemy. Barcelona are only a big club today because of hitting the jackpot with Messi and because they had some truly great players play like Xavi and Puyol come out from their academy. If there is a chance to relegate Barcelona to the EL I would gleefully enjoy seeing that club go back to their European obscurity pre 2006.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:36 am

This discussion reeks so much of arrogance after just 1 group stage match. Let's concentrate on the next CL match, and then the subsequent one...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MihailT » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:19 am

America USA wrote:To each his own I guess. Beating a full strength Barcelona (with Fati, Memphis, Aguero, Dembele, Dest, etc.) and maintaining our flawless home record against a direct European rival is higher than a Bundesliga draw against a team like Mainz in my opinion.

Anyways another dimension to the final Group stage game is the fact that assuming Bayern have already qualified as the first placed team in our Group and assuming Barcelona are relying on the final game against us to either make it to the Ro16 or drop down to the EL then that's another added incentive to beat Barcelona and destroy that club even further.

I hate both Real and Barcelona but at least I can respect Real Madrid as a genuine European enemy. Barcelona are only a big club today because of hitting the jackpot with Messi and because they had some truly great players play like Xavi and Puyol come out from their academy. If there is a chance to relegate Barcelona to the EL I would gleefully enjoy seeing that club go back to their European obscurity pre 2006.

Actually, I disagree on your second point. Barcelona have been really unlucky to draw us every time when we've been at our best. If it was Real in 2013 or 2020, I think we would have whopped them even harder.

Coupled with the fact that the only way they reversed our positive record against them was through some shambolic refereeing decisions in our last clashes, I actually prefer that we would have had our biggest maulings against Real, instead of Barcelona.

That being said, I would prefer we never sacrifice a UCL fixture in order to keep strenght for the Bundesliga, which we'd probably win even if we don't play half the matches in a season. Beating Barcelona > beating Mainz any time.
MihailT
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Hardrade » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:46 am

I concur, sending Barcelona to EL is more important than beating effing Mainz.
Why hand them out CL money on a platter when they are not worthy of the competition? Moreover, it would be disrespectful to pull a B team against a club that holds itself so highly - on contrary, we should give them our best.

Let’s be honest, nobody here is anxious about Bundesliga - it’s UCL that we’re wondering about. :coffee:
We’re not losing it over a Mainz game…
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby CiriacoS » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:41 pm

I have to say that this level of arrogance is no good in any way for the team. Our objective is not thrashing Barcelona or Real. I could not care less about that. Our objective is to win the competition even if that is with only 1:0 each game.

Therefore, I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. This Barcelona team that we beat is below average. So thrashing them actually does not mean a lot for the rest of the competition. There are teams like City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Real, that can cause a lot of harm to us. I am not saying they are better than us but I just want to say that thrashing Barcelona gives no guarantees whatsoever. Yes, we are an excellent team. But we have a very long way to go. And we have also a lot of areas for improvement.

So let the team work hard and we will be here to support them along the way. No need for arrogance.
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:23 pm

America USA wrote:To each his own I guess. Beating a full strength Barcelona (with Fati, Memphis, Aguero, Dembele, Dest, etc.) and maintaining our flawless home record against a direct European rival is higher than a Bundesliga draw against a team like Mainz in my opinion.

Nope, game 6 is more or less just like NT breaks.. Irrelevant and annoying games Bayern shouldnt care about because 1: Injuries to important players in this non important match can happen and 2: stupid yellow or red cards.. Bayern always rotates in game 6. Its not arrogance, they beat Barca. Benfica and Dynamo arent going to play any better either. And we didnt face any real challenge yet tbh.. Leipzig isnt the team from last year and Barca gets worse every season.. They are doing a good job so far ( Bayern ) but games vs Mainz and Bochum will give them more for their money focus and give-it-your-all wise.. They have nothing to lose at all..

And tbh, if Barca relies on us on matchday 6 to still qualify for 1/8 round.. They dont deserve to be even in that round.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:28 pm

I don't know where so much respect for cheating and thief scum such as Barcelona that built everything on money they never had.

What arrogance are you talking about? We won 0:3 and we were gentle to them.
I don't know what do you I have to say about the club that won the controversial 2008/2009 European title and by winning it created a myth for the next 4 years which was completely destroyed by FC Bayern. They are still arrogant despite having 1,2 billion € minus and they aren't going to change until someone drowns that club big time.

We won the damn match, we were very good, we outplayed them and that's it. I see no arrogance at all in this though. And we played the matchday 1 in the group stage, not K.O. 2nd leg.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League