You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-09-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:00 pm

FC Barcelona will win
8%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
83%

Total votes : 12

Re: [2021-09-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:52 pm

Fénix wrote:We need to be optimists when we see our squad depth and what Jamal and Stanišić give to Bayern.

You want optimism? I'm convinced we're about to see the best Bayern side of all time very soon. Better than 2013 and 2020. The signs are extremely good.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:54 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Fénix wrote:We need to be optimists when we see our squad depth and what Jamal and Stanišić give to Bayern.

You want optimism? I'm convinced we're about to see the best Bayern side of all time very soon. Better than 2013 and 2020. The signs are extremely good.

Now that's called crazy optimism in Croatian dictionary. :lol: :lol:

Burned myself once in 2013/2014. :mrgreen:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Evan van Essen » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:04 pm

I still think goretzka has one mayor weakness and i think it showed today. He sometimes goes so far forward that we have only kimmich in midfield for the build-up and he really isn't available. Also if the roles are switched he really cant build up the from the back except dribbling up the field.

On another note the video quality seemed really shitty was it just for me or has barca sold their camera's for some extra cash and bought some second hand?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk
Evan van Essen
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby aterford » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:21 pm

Honestly you really did kinda get the sense that perhaps Nagelsmann made a concerted tactical decision to slow things down a bit. It became clear very VERY quickly that we were the far superior side and there was really not much sense in going full-bore and giving them an absolute throttling in the first group stage match when we have plenty of other things to worry about. Take it easy, play it safe, come home with a simple three points and on to the next thing without injuries or exhaustion.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:02 am

Evan van Essen wrote:I still think goretzka has one mayor weakness and i think it showed today. He sometimes goes so far forward that we have only kimmich in midfield for the build-up and he really isn't available.

It might be tactical orders. On TV they showed it as a 4-1-4-1 with Goretzka next to Muller before the start of the game; no idea whether they just assume that sort of thing or whether coaches have to submit a sort of formation.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RVABayern » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:27 am

Feed me more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RVABayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:03 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
zozon wrote:Upamecano... Jesus Christ, what a rock!!!
Anybody missing Alaba? @YlonenXabi

I was in favour of Lucas Hernandez and Upamecano, so not sure what are you talking about. They are two world class defenders. Just like I was in favour of Nagelsmann as Flick's replacement

I simply said that Alaba was more suited to Flick's tactics. The ones that he used to complete the best season in football history

But like I said, I'm expecting to see another sextuple this season because Lucas and Upamecano are world class and Boateng and Alaba were 2 clowns and the worst defenders in the world. :coffee:
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:06 am

aterford wrote:Honestly you really did kinda get the sense that perhaps Nagelsmann made a concerted tactical decision to slow things down a bit. It became clear very VERY quickly that we were the far superior side and there was really not much sense in going full-bore and giving them an absolute throttling in the first group stage match when we have plenty of other things to worry about. Take it easy, play it safe, come home with a simple three points and on to the next thing without injuries or exhaustion.

Yes, that's exactly it

The first 10 minutes were poor, but then it really felt like a training session for us =P~ Alphonso Davies is finally back to his 19/20 form and that will give as a huge boost.

We just need to improve our combination play in the final third a little bit
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:11 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:The thing is no matter how bad they are it seems we're the only ones who can really destroy them in the CL; and we didn't do it just once, we've scored at least 3 goals in 5 of our last 6 games against them. And we did it even when they were being called the team of the century. They must really hate us.

Mueller just nailed it.

It is because Barcelona play offensive football. They want the ball and want to attack. And that leaves plenty of space for our wingers and Mueller himself

That's why we couldn't beat them in 2015. We were missing Ribery, Robben, Alaba ... we had a very slow and predictable team and couldn't take advantage of that.

On the contrary, other clubs like Real Madrid or Chelsea will have no problems parking the bus and playing counter attacking football if necessary
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby longeleven » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:24 am

My feeling while watching the game
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:43 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:46 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:30 am

TMI Julian :lol: :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Alexander » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:06 am

In my opinion beating Leipzig 4-1 and Barca 3-0 is a sign that we are able to compete with the best in Europe. Sure there are better teams that we will face but it is not like they are totally crap. We won in a convincing way and I believe few teams can do that.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MihailT » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:17 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

TMI Julian :lol: :lol:

The only thing missing is "... and let me tell you - the smell was not something too pleasant." :D
MihailT
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League