You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-09-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:00 pm

FC Barcelona will win
8%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
83%

Total votes : 12

Re: [2021-09-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:42 pm

Goooooaallll
Lewa
#75 th goal in the UCL
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:44 pm

Apologies.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby rthebest » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:46 pm

I am sure Bochum will be more of a challenge than super league team Barca.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:47 pm

An ironic ole
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:50 pm

Well, I know it's obviously not as steep on the scoresheet as 8-2 but truthfully you could probably make a case that it was just as comprehensive of a win and I wouldn't argue.
For the 8-2 we were playing extremely well and were very clinical. Tonight it felt like we never really got out of first gear and pretty much just had a leisurely stroll in the park but were so clearly and obviously ahead of them, it looked like teams from entirely different divisions. We were noticeably not at our best, we were not particularly clinical, our midfield didn't play very well, and we tended to be a bit too hesitant in front of goal, but still were never really seriously threatened and pretty well in control of the match from wire to wire. Just on an entirely different level than Barca tonight.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:52 pm

1 down, 12 to go.

Sorry ramsej :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:52 pm

Hardrade wrote:Like I said, we’re stomping them. The only thing keeping the scoreline low is that Kimmitzka pair is on a vacation somewhere
Like I said... a 3 goal difference.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MihailT » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:52 pm

They had 0 shots on target for 90 minutes on their own pitch...
MihailT
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:54 pm

aterford wrote:Well, I know it's obviously not as steep on the scoresheet as 8-2 but truthfully you could probably make a case that it was just as comprehensive of a win and I wouldn't argue.
For the 8-2 we were playing extremely well and were very clinical. Tonight it felt like we never really got out of first gear and pretty much just had a leisurely stroll in the park but were so clearly and obviously ahead of them, it looked like teams from entirely different divisions. We were noticeably not at our best, we were not particularly clinical, our midfield didn't play very well, and we tended to be a bit too hesitant in front of goal, but still were never really seriously threatened and pretty well in control of the match from wire to wire. Just on an entirely different level than Barca tonight.
I think we outplayed them even more and if this were a do or die KO with our players giving 200% instead of 50% we might have eclipsed that scoreline with a bit of luck (because you always need luck for scores like that).

There were moments in 2020 when Barca were slightly in the game. Today they were completely clueless.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:55 pm

aterford wrote:Well, I know it's obviously not as steep on the scoresheet as 8-2 but truthfully you could probably make a case that it was just as comprehensive of a win and I wouldn't argue.
This. I don't think either that they got out of first gear.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:55 pm

I'm not going to make my long after-match post, since there is not much to say.

Job well done by the whole team. Having Upamecano in Bayern is super refreshing, I feel like he's been with the team forever. Every player played his part, great job by Julian too.

Congratulations to the team and to the fans! Great, great game.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby zozon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:56 pm

Upamecano... Jesus Christ, what a rock!!!
zozon
I'm a post king!

Postby aterford » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:02 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
I think we outplayed them even more and if this were a do or die KO with our players giving 200% instead of 50% we might have eclipsed that scoreline with a bit of luck (because you always need luck for scores like that).

There were moments in 2020 when Barca were slightly in the game. Today they were completely clueless.

Yeah, exactly. The 2020 match actually felt fairly level for the first 20 minutes or so, both Suarez and Messi had big chances they didn't convert and they really threatened a lot more. If Neuer doesn't save one and the other doesn't go off the post it's 1:3 in favor of Barca after 20 minutes and who knows how it goes from there. Obviously we turned it on and thoroughly outclassed them, but they DID at least offer some threat. They still finished the match with right around 1.0xG. And like I said: we were playing very well in that match, and were extremely clinical (8 goals on ~5xG ourselves)
Today on the other hand...They really never threatened. Zero shots on target for the whole match, zero big chances, zero saves from Neuer, and only something like 5 total shots (3 off target, 2 blocked). They finished the match with a grand total of 0.20xG. For some context, Opta considers a "Big chance" to be a roughly 0.40xG situation. Meaning that ALL of Barca's attempts on the night added up to one-half of a "Big chance" and that's that. And again, I didn't really feel like we played very well at all, either. Much better vs Leipzig just a few days ago, for example.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:03 pm

Agreed 100%. Felt like both sides came to an agreement to go half speed since the result would be obvious.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Fénix » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:07 pm

Nagelsmann is set to show a lot of great things thisbsesson. Clean sheet is definitely one of them.

But Hernández-Upamecano pair is going to destroy all opponents. Finally 2 fast defenders and also tough monsters.

Müller 7 goals in 6 matches vs Barcelona. No player has done this before. I expect in the next occasion to add 1-2 more. =P~
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League