You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:00 pm

FC Barcelona will win inside 90 minutes
20%
FC Barcelona will win after extra time
No votes
FC Barcelona will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
7%
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
13%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
60%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2020-08-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:19 am

I’d much rather have Messi on the RW vs Davies than playing centrally but at the same time a diamond midfield will make them even more exposed to our wings.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:19 am

I’d much rather have Messi on the RW vs Davies than playing centrally but at the same time a diamond midfield will make them even more exposed to our wings.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby anasnemr » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:28 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I’d much rather have Messi on the RW vs Davies than playing centrally but at the same time a diamond midfield will make them even more exposed to our wings.

I dont know if we will have the possibility of pushing Davies and Kimmich for the overalps. i have a feeling that we will play like we did vs Dortmund,where Pavard and Davies were instructed to not push forward and rather stay back to prevent the counters.If we play like that i dont think we will have much wing play with Gnabry,who always makes runs towards the center,or with Coman,especially because Semedo matches his pace.
anasnemr
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:31 am

Messi will fake an injury at half time after Davies ends his career after 45 minutes.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:46 am

Ben Gardner wrote:Barcelona is a team full of Hobbits and I really hope Bayern will kick them out, hopefully all the way to Middle Earth. Never liked that team and never will.

Don’t you insult Hobbits like that. If anything they are closer to being Bavarian than Spaniards with their love for beer and good food. Barcelona are prissy elves
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bmguy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:19 am

Neuer must stay focused and we might have to replace Boateng with Sule, Boateng against messi is a nightmare :roll:
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby anasnemr » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:01 pm

bmguy wrote:Neuer must stay focused and we might have to replace Boateng with Sule, Boateng against messi is a nightmare :roll:

I am waiting for him to get his revenge.This is probably his last chance to get it, and i have a very good feeling that he will.
anasnemr
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:08 pm

#12 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:
#12 wrote:If we cannot get past this joke Barcelona, the words "Champions" and "League" should never be uttered in that order by us ever again...!

Dude, you are running out of arguments and this one is pretty lame

Any team can beat you in one legged ties. Specially any team with players like Leo Messi, Suarez, De Jong, Ter Stegen, Alba........ :!:

We've won the double, We've won EVERY SINGLE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GAME until the quarterfinals, something that NO OTHER TEAM HAS EVER ACHIEVED. Why don't you just sit down and ENJOY for once?

You know what sucks? If Barça beat us we'll have to read your negative and "I told you so" kind of BS. No matter how WRONG you've been proved this season.
I haven’t...

BUT!

That wasn’t even my point... I was reacting to the negative comments uttered here...

Maybe READ instead if making assumptions? I actually FULLY expect us to beat such poor sides or else we‘d be in a MUCH worse state than I anticipated...
Also, with the level of shit Barca got here from some, it is NOT a thin argument... Judging by that we would have to win 999 out if 1000 games and the one highly controversial and close
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:30 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:04 pm

bmguy wrote:Boateng against messi is a nightmare :roll:

Didn't notice this at all in the World Cup final 2014 on the match Germany - Argentina. :D
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:58 pm

Fénix wrote:

Didn't notice this at all in the World Cup final 2014 on the match Germany - Argentina. :D

I noticed Messi throwing up on the pitch tho.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:00 pm

anasnemr wrote:...we need to have the three of Thiago,Kimmich,and Leon playing....Also in the 2nd half the Thiago-Leon partnership worked pretty well imo;Both pressed extremely well,defended really good(with some magnificent tackles from thiago),and controlled the game against Kante and Kovacic, who are very good midfielders.

I agree and thought the same. And keep in mind both Thiago and Kimmich were somewhat shackled by having the threat of a yellow card/suspension looming. Hopefully with that wiped out they'll have a bit more freedom in the upcoming match.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:03 pm

MUTU wrote:
Fénix wrote:

I noticed Messi throwing up on the pitch tho.

Spoiler: show
And massive 7Up drinking in spring 2013. :mrgreen:

Jürgen Klopp showed last season how to deal with Barcelona after 3:0 in the 1st leg and this year's Barcelona is 2x worse than the last season's.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:13 pm

Ah so that was it. Messi had finally burped the 7 Up from a year earlier
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:17 pm

What do you think, will Odriozola start the match against Barcelona or we are going to sacrifice Kimmich once again at RB in the most important match of the season?

Nevertheless, Boateng is also doubtful for the starting 11 and Süle is the candidate to occupy his spot, not Hernández.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League