You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:00 pm

FC Barcelona will win inside 90 minutes
20%
FC Barcelona will win after extra time
No votes
FC Barcelona will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
7%
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
13%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
60%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2020-08-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby Fénix » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:30 am

MUTU wrote:Your friend deserves to be punched in the face IMO :)

He stil says the same and that this rule was for a regular competition. I asked him to give me that improvised paragraphs and articles to see this. :)

Overall he deserves to be punched heavily sometimes. :mrgreen:

Edit: he quoted this what one user here posted.

UEFA Removes Pending Yellow Cards After Round Of 16 For This Year's Champions League

UEFA has decided to remove pending yellow cards once the Round of 16 is completed for the 2019-20 season. This applies to both the Champions League and the Europa League.

The decision amends articles in the Regulations of the Europa League and the Champions League where yellow cards had been suspended after the quarterfinals.

These rules will also be carried out to the 2020-21 qualifying phase and playoffs for both the Champions League and Europa League.

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby cuil » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:54 am

Your friend seems like an alternative facts kinda guy :lol:

Even before the postponement the rule was:

51.04 Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals.

This part was amended:

In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals.

Changed to:

In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the Round of 16.

So YC can be accumulated from group stage, R16, and 1st leg of QFs in the original rules.
Last edited by cuil on Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
cuil
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby r10 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:15 pm

MUTU wrote:62'. The minute Davies outgrown prime Messi.
Please find Barcelona-Bayern QF match recorded in FHD (1080i):
https://mega.nz/folder/H49XiABA#65Cr6hq0R8u_QViTh3HcdQ
I shall not spoil you with the result =P~.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Fénix » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:23 pm

@cuil, you can say so. :D
In any case he is 37 and it took him somewhat 15 years to grow up when it comes to Bayern and football. :lol:

I'm only concerned that we prepare ourselves for the match against Manchester City and have Kimmich and Davies in the possible final safe, healthy and available. :) [-o<
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:25 pm

So... Arturo shining yet...?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:22 pm

MUTU wrote:Image

That 8-1 loss to Seville in 1946 was in the round of 16 of Copa del Rey, but there wasn't even a King in Spain at the time and Franco had forced the Federation to call it "Copa del Generalisimo" since 1939. That's how long it has been. Johan Cruyff had not even been born.

Two more interesting facts:

The average age of Barca's starting XI on Friday was 29 years and 329 days, the oldest they have ever named for a Champions League tie.

Also, someone has to correct me if I am wrong but I believe that this is the first time since 2007–08 that Barca goes title-less in one season.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Fénix » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:47 pm

Jorge wrote:Also, someone has to correct me if I am wrong but I believe that this is the first time since 2007–08 that Barca goes title-less in one season.

Season 2013/2014. Real Madrid won the CL and Copa del Rey and Atlético won Primera.

Barcelona nothing except 2013 Supercopa de España if you count that as a title in 2013/2014 season.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:50 pm

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: "I went to the dressing room after the game, expecting to see the boys celebrate a glorious victory. But I found them calm, focused: ready for the next match. Since the pandemic, the team has faced all the difficulties in the best possible way. They continued to train at home when it was not possible to do so on the pitch, then at the restart of the Bundesliga and the CL they really showed that they want to play football. The relationship between the coach and the team has an alchemy that I have rarely seen. Since Flick took over the team, everything has completely changed. It's impressive.
[Sky Italia]

The team had a short celebration in the dressing room after the game but without a party or traditional banquet after CL games. Their motto is this win will be worth nothing if they lose in the semi. The focus is on the next game and the big party will be after the final.
[Bild]

The right mentality. =D>

IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:05 pm

Fuck, our players are so mature. I'm starting to seriously believe in the treble!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:15 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: "I went to the dressing room after the game, expecting to see the boys celebrate a glorious victory. But I found them calm, focused: ready for the next match. Since the pandemic, the team has faced all the difficulties in the best possible way. They continued to train at home when it was not possible to do so on the pitch, then at the restart of the Bundesliga and the CL they really showed that they want to play football. The relationship between the coach and the team has an alchemy that I have rarely seen. Since Flick took over the team, everything has completely changed. It's impressive.
[Sky Italia]

The team had a short celebration in the dressing room after the game but without a party or traditional banquet after CL games. Their motto is this win will be worth nothing if they lose in the semi. The focus is on the next game and the big party will be after the final.
[Bild]

The right mentality. =D>

This gives me so much confidence and relief.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:17 pm

MUTU wrote:Fuck, our players are so mature. I'm starting to seriously believe in the treble!

It’s things like this that make me think that maybe we are re-building correctly even though we’ve signed the wrong skillset of players. Most big clubs lose the dressing room culture as soon as they had an era-defining departure like Robben and Ribery.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:31 pm

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:40 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Fuck, our players are so mature. I'm starting to seriously believe in the treble!

It’s things like this that make me think that maybe we are re-building correctly even though we’ve signed the wrong skillset of players. Most big clubs lose the dressing room culture as soon as they had an era-defining departure like Robben and Ribery.

Actually, I have been hearing more and more since yesterday that maybe the beginning of a new era for Barcelona is to part ways with Messi. Some are not sure that changing the coach, the president, whole front office, or half of the team, will fix the main issue: they invested heavily in high profile players and almost everyone of them is under performing at the moment.
The departure of Robben and Ribery is probably the reason why after we struggled, through try and error, we found the way to reinvent ourselves as a team. I said this many times: our problem has not been the 100M players that we did not buy (some here thought this was the formula to a post Robbery era), the problem was making the 40M or less players that we bought function. It seems that Flick has been able to consistently increase the output of each player in the context of a whole; coincidentally, the biggest purchases that we made are not the reference players in the team, instead those who had continuity in the club are. This is actually Bayern's identity. It has been throughout history, the only times that we won the Champions League we did it like that.
Who knows, we could crash out of the CL in the next game, but regardless I am convinced that Flick has a good base to work from, if needed we are probably at the point that we can justify splashing cash for a high profile player now, because that player will arrive knowing that Bayern will not build a team around him.
The reason why teams like PSG and Man City on paper are not than capable of winning the CL, but they haven't is certainly that type of extra element of cohesion.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:48 pm

Well, Barcelona are maybe finally starting to understand that their over-reliance on a player who is infallibly underwhelming when his team isn't the favourite to progress through a knockout round is... unhealthy.

The last time that Messi scored in a knockout round in which his team (Barcelona or Argentina) was eliminated, he was still a teenager. For all the goals he scores when his team is dominating, he really falls on his arse when his team needs him to score most.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby r10 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:57 pm

Who were the other two dumb guys to predict FC Barcelona will win inside 90 minutes??? :twisted: :twisted:
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League