You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:00 pm

FC Barcelona will win inside 90 minutes
20%
FC Barcelona will win after extra time
No votes
FC Barcelona will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
7%
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
13%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
60%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2020-08-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:43 am

what a game!

One of the most convincing performances I have ever seen from our guys. Everything was perfect. Some will say that Barcelona was just bad...but I must say our players made them look bad. We pressed for the whole 90 minutes and never gave them a break. One of the best tactical displays I have ever seen. Dominated all around the pitch...especially in midfield with Thiago and Goretzka.

We did leave some space in defense but it was because Flick decided that it is better to press high and hold a high defensive line. A masterpiece pressing against a team that is one of the most press-resistant teams out there. Perfectly executed.

All of our players did great. Alaba goal was unlucky. Boateng did great! When you have Messi, Suarez and others you cant expect to fully lock them. considering we played a high defensive line and were so attacking..our defense did almost a perfect job.

Big shout out to Herr Flick for making this team play like an unpredictable well oiled machine...fucking juggernaut. I would never though that we would be so dominant as we are.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Let us hope for more of the same in the semi finals.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:10 am

Yeah, I mean, make no mistake. Barcelona were poor. But Barcelona was very poor in the second half vs Napoli, too, and obviously that didn't have near the result. I said a couple days ago how Napoli got something like 17 chances vs Barca and if we got that many chances we'd finish quite a few more than they did. And of course that was the case. So yeah, Barca were bad, but we were very, very, VERY good, too.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:39 am

prasun77 wrote:Also, I remember watching Marcelo and thinking one day we will have an LB like him..Davies is a dream come true..

That’s offensive! ;)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby cuil » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:53 am

cuil
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby America USA » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:11 am

prasun77 wrote:We did it guys!
Now please stop the boateng messi memes..show some respect..
Very happy for Perisic..He delivered more than what was asked for..
Also, I remember watching Marcelo and thinking one day we will have an LB like him..Davies is a dream come true..
Now doesn't matter if we win the UCL or not..the Spanish teams have given us hell of a hard time for many years ..thank you Flick..It seems as if Jupp is back!
That said..Suarez is still class!

Hey man I’ve given you a lot of shit in the past over here but nice to have your optimum back on this forum.

I too am delighted that we have finally beaten a big Spanish team. However the true test starts now. Bayern will be up against the best PL have to offer: Manchester Citeh.

I’m confident in Bayern’s chances but I really worry about our defensive side of the game. Offensively we have the talent and the tactics to score goals against that Man City defense but that ultra high light plus Boateng and Kimmich means we will remain vulnerable in defense. I think Alaba and Davies can take decent care of our left side, it is the right where the threat lies. All goals conceded against Chelsea and Barcelona came from our right side.

Flick needs to focus on our defensive structure and personnel before the semifinal against Man City.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:21 am

If we play this good with Perisic(credits to Ivan he was great against Chelse as well) I can't imagine the elevation when Sane catches up with the boys cause he is far superior at top form than any of our current wingers. Flick you b@stard where have you been ????
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:29 am

It's so great to wake up this morning after 2:8 against Barcelona! :) You expected to win this and they didn't just win, they won like nobody before in the K.O. stage.

We wrote history last night. And MUTU worried about our match fitness and rhythm before Chelsea. We never looked better than this after one month break. =P~
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Sydney » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:30 am

I've been around for a while, have been a Bayern supporter since 1976/77, and thought I'd seen all the highs and lows. Until this game came along. I am as stunned as I was when Germany demolished Brazil at the 2014 WC. What a result. What a game.

It will not have escaped Flick that, had the football gods been kinder to Barca in the early stages of the match, we might have a different conversation here. But no complaints from me. Apart from the odd wobble in defence Bayern haven't looked this strong in the build up to a CL semi final since 2013. Flick has put the tiger back into the tank, and the team delivers.

I never understood how both Ancelotti and Kovac didn't know what to do with Thomas Mueller. Nor do I understand Jogi Loew kicking Mueller out of the NT. That guy is as much a genius as a player can be as secondary striker (or whatever it is that he is playing).

Lots of players on the move, and I hope that Thiago and Alaba will stay, but that's conversation for another day.
Sydney
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby prasun77 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:48 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
prasun77 wrote:Also, I remember watching Marcelo and thinking one day we will have an LB like him..Davies is a dream come true..

That’s offensive! ;)

I meant "offensively" ofcourse :wink: ..but Marcelo is a great LB nonetheless!

His run against us where he dribbled past 2 players and set Ronaldo up for a "Tap in" in the Ancelotti season still haunts me sometimes..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:02 am

Achilles wrote:What a game. We literally killed them
Enjoyable

No we didn't literally kill them lol
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:03 am

Good thinking. He’ll need it to pass the time. Maybe he might even win a title on FIFA.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby r10 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:05 am

America USA wrote:They were just phenomenally lucky to have once in a generation players from the academy and ended up picking up a boy with growth disorder who turned out to be the best player of his era.
They were just phenomenally lucky to have once in a generation coach in Pep.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:16 am

Last night also proved that Rummenigge was right. There is no contest between Neuer and ter Stegen. Neuer is numero uno.
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:17 am

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ziklitschli » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:17 am

#12 wrote:
Ziklitschli wrote:I hope everyone who ever wanted Muller sold, learned their lesson, and we will never have to read such painful words again. Also, Couthino just have made every cent spent on him worth it.
Fir two meaningless goals? Nope...

Yes. 6:2 and 8:2 is a world of difference, the former still somehow digestible, and a goal advantage within reach of, for example, PSG. The latter is a result only gods walking the Earth are capable of, and stuff to look up to for years for players worldwide.
It's time to deut the Raum
Ziklitschli
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League