You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:00 pm

FC Barcelona will win inside 90 minutes
20%
FC Barcelona will win after extra time
No votes
FC Barcelona will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
7%
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
13%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
60%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2020-08-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby r10 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:09 am

MUTU wrote:Barcelona must be so relieved there isn't a second leg
Why? They could easily make it 10:3 :twisted:.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby cuil » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:13 am

lol L'Equipe as usual with the french bias giving lenglet a 3. Every Barca player should have been 1 except for Messi and Alba.Image

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk
cuil
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby aaaaaa » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:26 am

worst Barca loss since 1946 =D>; I hope this game will be the end of barca fanboys pumping ter stegen as No1 for Germany

How the hell did ter stegen get 3, he was passing balls to bayern all night long
Last edited by aaaaaa on Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:28 am

hard to really digest what happened tonight. i think back about the 7-0 against Barca in 2013 and how dominant that seemed, and now to have this team basically smash that in just one game is almost unbelievable. the magnitude of this win is unprecedented!

i hope for this teams sake that they end up winning the whole thing, because they deserve to be remembered as a great team. hats off to the boys tonight, they did their job well =D>
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby kod2600 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:29 am

You motherfuckers expect me to know what to say?
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:46 am

Mani wrote:What a win, left me speechless

I get that Vidal would defend his current team but that comment was just plain idiotic from mocking BL to saying this Barcelona is the best team in the world (even if you ignore this game). He deserves to be a laughing stock
I like to thonk it was some extra motivation for him...

Meanwhile, transfermarkt report that he was offered to HSV - they declined - he's too soft...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:48 am

aaaaaa wrote:worst Barca loss since 1946 =D>; I hope this game will be the end of barca fanboys pumping ter stegen as No1 for Germany

How the hell did ter stegen get 3, he was passing balls to bayern all night long
Most assists on the field...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:51 am

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:43 am

I know Messi is a great forward player but he’s terrible when Barcelona are up against it. I’ve read Real Madrid supporters say that if you get a 2-0 lead in Barcelona then it’s basically playing against 10 men because Messi does almost ZERO defensive work (tracking back and going into challenges) and if the midfield/fullbacks cannot supply him the ball then he’s almost invisible.

This was visible when Messi got dispossessed by Thiago in the lead upto to the 7th goal. Messi got robbed and made no effort whatsoever to track back and make amends.

Alba and Suarez were the best Barcelona players. That old Barcelona midfield (Busquets, Rakitic and Vidal) is finished and on top of it they now sign a 30 year old Pjanic. As I had once said on this forum that Barcelona are not a historical big/legendary club like Real Madrid, AC Milan, Liverpool, etc. They were just phenomenally lucky to have once in a generation players from the academy and ended up picking up a boy with growth disorder who turned out to be the best player of his era.

I always had forecasted that Barça would struggle once Messi retired but given how all of their great players are getting old and nearing the end of their careers, unless their board starts recruiting top class players I think Barcelona will have a hard time in the future.

EDIT: Grammar
Last edited by America USA on Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:03 am

I can’t believe my eyes. Took a lot of time to digest this thrilling victory. What the fuck was that lmao.
I only hope we stay grounded and do everything right in the last two games... City most definitely won’t be a walk in the park.
All in for another German final mates!
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:10 am

r10 wrote:
Fénix wrote:Lewandowski's frustrations are sabotaging our result, feel bad to say this, but that's what I'm watching tonight. Leave your goal chase for tonight and help the team to put 2 more, Robert.
You don't read the game properly.
Robert was taking 1-2 Barca defenders on him for full 90', thus opening space in front of Ter Stegen for our other guys.

Exactly, whenever he was being double marked he drifted to the left wing and Perisic drifted centrally. He sacrificed a ton of chances for himself in order to give numerical advantage to a teammate. Lewy may not have had a hat trick, but he had a brilliant performance in terms of pressure and ensuring that other players got quality time in the box.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Awax » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:12 am

Boateng is what scares me the most again City or whatever top team we will be facing.

His attempt to block the shot on Suarez's goal was atrocious. He threw all his weight on that challenge, leaving him no chance to recover. That's a middle of the field thing, not inside the damn penalty box.
Awax
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:52 am

nm462272 wrote:hard to really digest what happened tonight. i think back about the 7-0 against Barca in 2013 and how dominant that seemed, and now to have this team basically smash that in just one game is almost unbelievable. the magnitude of this win is unprecedented!

i hope for this teams sake that they end up winning the whole thing, because they deserve to be remembered as a great team. hats off to the boys tonight, they did their job well =D>
If Flick and the team win this they won’t be the best in 2020 but the best there ever was.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bmguy » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:29 am

I've just watched the first half and I find we're still weak on fighting high balls in defense.
I know it's a sacrifice when you play Alaba in CB, we have only 2 tall guys (boateng and Goretzka) to fight high balls and it's not enough against teams from EPL.
Davies was excellent in attack but in this game, he was way out of position in defense when he stood too much in the center and that left a big hole on his side for Semedo to exploit and put high pressure on Alaba, though I guess it's what Flick asked him to do to contain Messi who tends to drift towards the central area.

PS: we should sell Coman and keep Perisic, this guy definitely add another dimension to our attack potential with his aerial strength and positioning. Coman is just like another Sane, nothing new and he's always injured in important moments.
Last edited by bmguy on Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby prasun77 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:34 am

We did it guys!
Now please stop the boateng messi memes..show some respect..
Very happy for Perisic..He delivered more than what was asked for..
Also, I remember watching Marcelo and thinking one day we will have an LB like him..Davies is a dream come true..
Now doesn't matter if we win the UCL or not..the Spanish teams have given us hell of a hard time for many years ..thank you Flick..It seems as if Jupp is back!
That said..Suarez is still class!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League