You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-08-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:00 pm

FC Barcelona will win inside 90 minutes
20%
FC Barcelona will win after extra time
No votes
FC Barcelona will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
7%
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
13%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
60%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2020-08-14] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby vtotheinay » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:49 pm

So you think Kimmich was out of touch at RB, but want to play tolisso there who hasn't played that position in many years? :lol: :lol:
vtotheinay
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:55 pm

If we cannot get past this joke Barcelona, the words "Champions" and "League" should never be uttered in that order by us ever again...!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:09 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don’t believe what I’m reading.

You’ve been going on for years, even mentioned it recently, about how Guardiola experimented too much for his own good and didn’t know not to change a winning team, especially with regard to the 3 semi final losses, and you want to play Tolisso at RB?????????
It is a position in which he had played in the past
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:54 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

You’ve been going on for years, even mentioned it recently, about how Guardiola experimented too much for his own good and didn’t know not to change a winning team, especially with regard to the 3 semi final losses, and you want to play Tolisso at RB?????????

You defended the clown Ulreich to blame Tolisso for that backpass against Madrid, and you want to put Tolisso in the one position where he will for sure make a lot of those backpasses like that.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Ben Gardner » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:05 pm

Barcelona is a team full of Hobbits and I really hope Bayern will kick them out, hopefully all the way to Middle Earth. Never liked that team and never will.
Ben Gardner
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby aterford » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:40 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

Bro I’m pretty sure he’s played MAYBE a dozen matches there for his whole career and the last time was in 2015. If Kimmich had some rust, I dunno what you’d call that...
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:05 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Mee too.
Kimmich looked out of touch .... as if he forgot how to play in that position.
The moment we lost Pavard I immediately gave up .

Also Leon seemed lost without Joshua next to him....

I don't trust Thiago especially vs his home town.

If I were Flick I would try Tolisso as RB in order to have Kimmich and Leon back in cm.

I don't even know if you are real or just trolling all of us

The moment we lost Pavard you gave up ??? I mean, seriously ??? We went to Camp Nou without Ribery, Robben and Alaba. With Lewandowski who had been in Hospital just one day earlier. With Lahm and Schweinsteiger who had recovered from lengthy injuries.... and I'm pretty sure you "didn't give up" that time. You just blamed it all on Pep of course.

You don't trust Thiago just because we're facing Barça ??????? What kind of sense does that make ??? Do you think he wants Barça to beat us ?????

You'd play Tolisso as RB and bench Thiago ??'? What the hell ?? Tolisso hasn't played RB since 2015 for a reason. His best asset is making runs into the box and scoring goals. Why on Earth would you playing him as RB against Barcelona of all teams in a CL quarte final ????? Why would you bench Thiago after his great performance in midfield vs Chelsea ?

:shock:
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:14 pm

#12 wrote:If we cannot get past this joke Barcelona, the words "Champions" and "League" should never be uttered in that order by us ever again...!

Dude, you are running out of arguments and this one is pretty lame

Any team can beat you in one legged ties. Specially any team with players like Leo Messi, Suarez, De Jong, Ter Stegen, Alba........ :!:

We've won the double, We've won EVERY SINGLE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GAME until the quarterfinals, something that NO OTHER TEAM HAS EVER ACHIEVED. Why don't you just sit down and ENJOY for once?

You know what sucks? If Barça beat us we'll have to read your negative and "I told you so" kind of BS. No matter how WRONG you've been proved this season.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Fénix » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:25 pm

People, don't draw parallels when it's clear that you are talking about 5 years time distance, not 1 or 2 years.

Once again, 5 years. That's a long time and many things changed in these 5 years in both clubs, especially at Barcelona.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:16 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
#12 wrote:If we cannot get past this joke Barcelona, the words "Champions" and "League" should never be uttered in that order by us ever again...!

Dude, you are running out of arguments and this one is pretty lame

Any team can beat you in one legged ties. Specially any team with players like Leo Messi, Suarez, De Jong, Ter Stegen, Alba........ :!:

We've won the double, We've won EVERY SINGLE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GAME until the quarterfinals, something that NO OTHER TEAM HAS EVER ACHIEVED. Why don't you just sit down and ENJOY for once?

You know what sucks? If Barça beat us we'll have to read your negative and "I told you so" kind of BS. No matter how WRONG you've been proved this season.
I haven’t...

BUT!

That wasn’t even my point... I was reacting to the negative comments uttered here...

Maybe READ instead if making assumptions? I actually FULLY expect us to beat such poor sides or else we‘d be in a MUCH worse state than I anticipated...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:50 pm

When did the day change? Always thought it was meant to be Saturday. Kinda wish it was to keep the hope going another 24 hours
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bmguy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:31 am

Referee is the most threat we have to face, not Messi. 2/3 goals in the Napoli match are not legit.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:24 am

bmguy wrote:Referee is the most threat we have to face, not Messi. 2/3 goals in the Napoli match are not legit.

If we pass through the Real Madrid fiascos again despite VAR, I seriously will give up on this sport.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby anasnemr » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:12 am

So i guess this will be (if Coman is fit enough to start) Bayern's starting 11:

Coman-Lewandowski-Gnabry
Muller
Thiago-Goretzka
Phonzie-Alaba-Boateng-Kimmich
Neuer

I went to Barca's forum to see what their fans think their starting 11 will and it seems there is alot of debate over it. Most of them want Greizmann dropped for Puig(play a diamond midfield)or Fati , Also most of them don't want rakitic anywhere near the field. I also checked the previous La Liga matches and this might be there starting 11 :

Suarez-Griezmann
Messi
De Jong-Vidal
Busquets
Alba-Lenglet-Pique-Semedo
Ter Stegen

I watched the Barca vs Napoli replay and honestly this Barca team is bad.They dont have the pace or stamina to heavily press(from the 60th minute, they were just walking in the field) .They just defend and try to counter, but they lack the pace to do so(dembele's injury).In the match there where moments where it was a 3v4 or a 3v5 ,and the players just passed back or sideways.Also based on the fans on their forum it looks like they are sure that Setien will play with the same tactics vs us .But i think we will have some problems from their full backs.I was impressed by Semedo's and alba's runs.Moreover, i think De Jong is an excellent player with great vision (the pass that led to Messi's disallowed goal), and of course Messi. I honestly trust in Herr Flick to come up with a master plan and for Bayern to advance,but then again if Messi has one of those nights, we will have some serious issues. I just want that semi with pep..
anasnemr
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby anasnemr » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:19 am

ramsej84 wrote:Mee too.
Kimmich looked out of touch .... as if he forgot how to play in that position.
The moment we lost Pavard I immediately gave up .

Also Leon seemed lost without Joshua next to him....

I don't trust Thiago especially vs his home town.

If I were Flick I would try Tolisso as RB in order to have Kimmich and Leon back in cm.

yeah no. I think us losing Pavard is a blessing in disguise. To win this tournament we need to have the three of Thiago,Kimmich,and Leon playing.Also in the 2nd half the Thiago-Leon partnership worked pretty well imo;Both pressed extremely well,defended really good(with some magnificent tackles from thiago),and controlled the game against Kante and Kovacic, who are very good midfielders.
anasnemr
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Egypt

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League