You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed May 06, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Barcelona will win
38%
It will end in a draw
12%
Bayern Munich will win
50%

Total votes : 66

Re: [2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby MillaMjau » Thu May 07, 2015 12:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:We can't blame Rizzoli for yesterday, he was a very good and fair referee. Unfortunately his decision not to give a second yellow decided the whole two legs; we wouldn't have gone 1-0 down (and that would have affected the other 2 goals), we'd have played 15 minutes with an extra man and Neymar wouldn't play in Munich. But we can't blame him, it would have been a harsh decision. We're just upset because it looks like he WAS going to give it.

An ex-referee Markus Merk who now is an expert on Sky says he thinks Rizzoli made a right decision. He says that if Rizzoli was really going to send Neymar off, he would've gone to his breast pocket first to get the second yellow. The hand on the back pocket was a "warning".
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 07, 2015 12:44 pm

Rizzoli isn't the one who sends players off for ridiculous reasons, much less in knock-out games. No way he would have sent Neymar off for this and get him suspended for the next game. As others have noted, Neuer's decision to get on so quickly with the game might also have been motivated by his concern that Rizzoli might think twice and award Barca a penalty. I don't think that would have happened either; in the end it was Bernat's error that led to the goal.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Element » Thu May 07, 2015 1:06 pm

RedQueen wrote:Rizzoli isn't the one who sends players off for ridiculous reasons, much less in knock-out games. No way he would have sent Neymar off for this and get him suspended for the next game. As others have noted, Neuer's decision to get on so quickly with the game might also have been motivated by his concern that Rizzoli might think twice and award Barca a penalty. I don't think that would have happened either; in the end it was Bernat's error that led to the goal.

The Referee did a great job and has nothing to do with the game and result at all

regarding the attack , Neuer tried to initiate a fast attack while neymar and the others were Busy which is What Neuer has been doing constantly with Bayern (which is the right thing to do) , the one to Blame is Bernat who tried to make a run few meters outside our box and suddenly loses the ball without being really tackled
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 07, 2015 1:18 pm

Element wrote:regarding the attack , Neuer tried to initiate a fast attack while neymar and the others were Busy which is What Neuer has been doing constantly with Bayern (which is the right thing to do)

Yes, that's was he said on TV. But I don't think that was the only reason. He's done that before, getting on with the game to keep the referee from thinking too much about making another decision. Rizz looked like he was about to walk to the penalty spot.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ahornblatt2000 » Thu May 07, 2015 1:32 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
tflags wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Yes we need to replace some players...
Goetze
Dante
Alonso
Ribery
Rafinha
Robben
Ribery
Pizza

Yeah you're right.In the next years Bayern will have a rebuilding phase.Götze hasn't made it with the Bayern and so many of the top guys are over 30
Ahornblatt2000
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 07, 2015 1:44 pm

endrity wrote:People keep saying we almost held on until the end, but the reality is that if it wasn't for some great Manu saves as well as great one-on-one defending by Boateng and Benatia, we could have easily conceded.

Yeah well, they ARE our players. It's not like Barca kept shooting high or something
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Machiavellico » Thu May 07, 2015 1:53 pm

The thing I blame Pep for mostly is not the game plan he came up with last night, but his repetitive statements(in the summer and winter) that he's satisfied with the squad and he doesn't need other players. It may not be his fault that our wingers are injured, but it's sure as hell his fault that there are no backups for them. In the winter mercato he should've requested one winger at least, ESPECIALLY after Shaqiri's departure.
Last edited by Machiavellico on Thu May 07, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby Ahornblatt2000 » Thu May 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Barcelona was simple better.In 90 min we generated only a single chance.That is not enough, the rest was defense
Ahornblatt2000
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu May 07, 2015 1:55 pm

Remember the Dortmund game just a little while? The late collapse? The inexplicable row of missed penalties (we scored all five against Leverkusen mere weeks earlier)?

Christ, this season, man. I just want to start from scratch now.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Borusse » Thu May 07, 2015 1:59 pm

You won the Bundesliga, you got to the semfinal once again, maaan, this season sucks. :D
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby endrity » Thu May 07, 2015 1:59 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
endrity wrote:People keep saying we almost held on until the end, but the reality is that if it wasn't for some great Manu saves as well as great one-on-one defending by Boateng and Benatia, we could have easily conceded.

Yeah well, they ARE our players. It's not like Barca kept shooting high or something

They certainly are, but we are not putting them in the best position to succeed. We were bailed out by their great individual ability to cover for an awful game plan.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 07, 2015 2:07 pm

I know Whitney isn't rated by some here, but I'll post this anyway.

Is Champions League Defeat Start of the End for Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich? | B/R [source]

The headline is a bit click bait, but some interesting thoughts in it.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Thu May 07, 2015 2:12 pm

Clark's a good writer, and a true fan of German football in general. Some people didn't like him because he seemed to cheer a bit too much for Dortmund's fairytale rise to the top, but since I also felt that Dortmund was very good for German football and Bayern as well, I always understood Clark's sentiments. No one defended Schweini and Lahm harder than he did post 2012.
Last edited by endrity on Thu May 07, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu May 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Müller argued with Guardiola after yesterday's genial substitution

https://twitter.com/DeinSkySport/status/596256612576276481
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu May 07, 2015 2:22 pm

Sorry, but a Clark Whitney article on Bleacherreport about how Guardiola will be sacked is not going to get a click from me.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League