You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed May 06, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Barcelona will win
38%
It will end in a draw
12%
Bayern Munich will win
50%

Total votes : 66

Re: [2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby Kovacic » Thu May 07, 2015 9:40 am

Such a shame ... I hope our board learned something yesterday and are ready to make some changes and splash some money this summer .
Kovacic
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Thu May 07, 2015 9:50 am

RedQueen wrote:The first 15 minutes were actually even worse than the last 15 minutes. Reading the comments some seem to have watched a different game. To me it was 30 minutes after HT that the game was even. The first half we somehow survived without conceding, to put it with the words of the German commentator. Barcelona vs Neuer 0:0, he said. Co-commentator Olli Kahn agreed. And that's also how it looked to me.

Exactly!

People keep saying we almost held on until the end, but the reality is that if it wasn't for some great Manu saves as well as great one-on-one defending by Boateng and Benatia, we could have easily conceded. We were very open and they were creating the chances they needed. It's not like we had stiffled them at the back. We were always playing with fire, and in the end it caught up with us.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Thu May 07, 2015 9:52 am

RedQueen wrote:So I just read on Goal.com that Pep thinks we controlled the game up to the first goal. How he can say that is beyond me. We definitely didn't control the game in the first half.

Well we had more posession. In Pep's world that means dominating.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:03 am

I was watching it at our club and when the game as seconds old I started yelling ''why the hell we are playing with 3 at the back'' of whom one was Rafinha... all attacks were coming from his side...
I am paid a monthly wage that Pep earns after a 10 minute work and I noticed it... (along with my friends of course) but it took him 15 minutes...
What an absolute idiot...
Last edited by ramsej84 on Thu May 07, 2015 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 07, 2015 10:05 am

I'm not usually one of the "Pep out!" camp but reading his statements after this game makes me feel kinda hopeless. Looking through the press, whether German or international, the overall sentiment seems to resemble mine. The first half was utterly hopeless, the second was even for about 30 minutes and the rest was hopeless again.

Guardiola the Biggest Loser After Going Toe-to-Toe With Messi | Football.com

Pretty much what I think. He's screwed up this game with the man marking approach. Setting Rafinha up against Messi, of all people. He had the team utterly unsettled when it didn't work. When he changed it, the damage was already done. Maybe Neuer could have done better with that first goal but conversely we might very well have been three of four down by halftime if it wasn't for him.

What's upsetting me is that he knew it was suicidal. A French paper published ahead of the game that he was overheard saying he had an idea, it might lead us to conceding seven goals, but he thought it was the right way. It must have been what he tried in the first 15 minutes. What was he thinking?

It's time that the club starts to question his tactical decisions. First it was against RM, then he was outcoached by Favre twice, now this. He has a negative point balance this season against the #2 to #5 teams in the league. Even in games like against Hannover and Cologne the team won because of individual quality. I'm not saying he should be out, but I think it's time the club started to see him a bit more critically.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:11 am

Bayernbazi wrote:It's the day after and it doesn't look any better.....with all these barca bandwagoners I am meeting, all praise for Messi's wonders and none of them seems to remember that we held them for 75 mins that they were already getting nervous and already losing their head.
Re-watching the 1st goal, why Bernat had to try to dribble that ball which he lost to give them the lead ? I don't know how many times he tried dribbling right into their penalty area to lose the ball when had a better chance putting in a volley and maybe manage to get in a header like we did against Porto ? Was he trying to impress Barca ?

And who was that one who failed trying to clear the ball casually with a backheel after Bernat lost it Alonso ? also trying to impress Barca with his skills ?

Yes it was alonso :evil:
So casual & ghal biebu... f'o** Spanja tieghu...

Bernat did not clear it cause the orders from above.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu May 07, 2015 10:15 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think too many of you are just looking at the scoreline. We got beaten bad in the last 15 minutes, the first 75 were pretty even except that they had more dangerous chances; but our defence was doing its job very well. Up front we were horrible but how much of that is up to tactics and how much of it is up to missing players is debatable. I think despite the fact that we didn't shoot, we had plenty of chances, we just never got a right final pass to actually have an attempt on goal. And that's where Robbery come in.

Don't let stats mislead you. We were the worse team undoubtedly, but it was a close one. With half our team out we almost equalled the most in-form team in the world right now and we kept one of the best attacking trios in history from scoring for over an hour despite missing Alaba and Badstuber. It's all for nothing, true, but we can't just pretend that the first 75 minutes were like the last 15, it's disrespectful to the guys we love and support.

I don't quite agree. I feel the scoreline is almost flattering. When you look at the highlights, if it wasn't for Neuer and/or bad finishing from their end, it could quite easily have been a 6-0 or 7-0.

For example, between the 2-0 and 3-0, I believe, Suarez was through one on one against Neuer, and shot high. That's just one example.

I think it's the first time I remember Bayern playing a whole match without having one shot on target.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu May 07, 2015 10:20 am

RedQueen wrote:So I just read on Goal.com that Pep thinks we controlled the game up to the first goal. How he can say that is beyond me. We definitely didn't control the game in the first half.

This is Pep's weakest thing: his stubborness. He doesn't seem like he'll ever learn from his mistakes.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:48 am

Italian blog; the majority are saying that they are sorry for us and Pep :shock: that we did not deserve it, that we can maybe do a miracle at the allianz, that we were missing many important players, [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Rauntšik » Thu May 07, 2015 11:04 am

Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby krisopi4eto1 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:43 am

I feel like the players panic after conceding a goal. After the first goal everything got destroyed and that is not the first time this happens. After they scored I was expecting another one, but not 2.
krisopi4eto1
Getting the hang of it

Postby shindouhikaru888 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:46 am

I'm wishing for Juventus to win the UCL if we cant get to the finals. It is more beneficial to us if both RM and Barca loses. That way, our reputation wont be damaged as much because 3 different league wins UCL, and our fanbase can still stay strong.
shindouhikaru888
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Thu May 07, 2015 12:03 pm

krisopi4eto1 wrote:I feel like the players panic after conceding a goal. After the first goal everything got destroyed and that is not the first time this happens. After they scored I was expecting another one, but not 2.

They did panic, but it's also because they were drained physically and mentally. They had played the entire game on the edge, completely stretched by a suicidal game plan and had nothing more to give. Alonso kept falling over for example.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby MillaMjau » Thu May 07, 2015 12:03 pm

Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby mats19 » Thu May 07, 2015 12:12 pm

People complaining because Pep put Rafinha in the side of Messi in the beginning of the match.. When he changed for a 4 back line, Bernat didn't hold Messi, while Rafinha stopped Neymar in the other side.
Anyway he tried something, but in the final we could have 2,3,4,5,6 men backline and I think would not work.
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Brazil

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League