You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed May 06, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Barcelona will win
38%
It will end in a draw
12%
Bayern Munich will win
50%

Total votes : 66

Re: [2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Thu May 07, 2015 7:21 am

Guys, it was my fault that we lost 3-0. See, in the predictions game I almost always guess how much we'll concede, but always err on how many we'll score. Since September, I haven't had a perfect prediction. And I predicted 3-1 for last night's match. That Lewandowski miss is on me.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu May 07, 2015 7:22 am

It was the only way to play them like that. They played the same game as us:

- trying to use possession
- press high
- when no other options...long ball to the flank and move the whole team up.

The only difference yesterday was that they had 3 top attacking players who could also attack from wings and we didnt.

If we had Ribery........Lewa..........Robben things would be different.

Our team did the best they could...but you could see that missing space between lewa/muller and our midfield...

you just need to have your best players available for the semis.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby frankiecam13 » Thu May 07, 2015 7:24 am

bring back heynckes
frankiecam13
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu May 07, 2015 7:24 am

You also need to keep in mind that against their world class forward line we had 3 defensive players missing: Alaba, Badstuber and Martinez. I know the biggest difference was the wings yesterday, but let's keep in mind that this was by no means the strongest defensive lineup we could have played. If everyone was fit, probably only Boateng would have played.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu May 07, 2015 7:34 am

Shame we didnt have our best XI on the pitch...saying that without looking for excuses.

But we need to splash some money on a top winger this summer.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 07, 2015 8:02 am

I think too many of you are just looking at the scoreline. We got beaten bad in the last 15 minutes, the first 75 were pretty even except that they had more dangerous chances; but our defence was doing its job very well. Up front we were horrible but how much of that is up to tactics and how much of it is up to missing players is debatable. I think despite the fact that we didn't shoot, we had plenty of chances, we just never got a right final pass to actually have an attempt on goal. And that's where Robbery come in.

Don't let stats mislead you. We were the worse team undoubtedly, but it was a close one. With half our team out we almost equalled the most in-form team in the world right now and we kept one of the best attacking trios in history from scoring for over an hour despite missing Alaba and Badstuber. It's all for nothing, true, but we can't just pretend that the first 75 minutes were like the last 15, it's disrespectful to the guys we love and support.

Looking ahead after a night's sleep, I suppose we should take a bit of heart in the fact that Barca scored 3 in 15 minutes; Alonso's team once did it in 6. We have 90 minutes. I am sure we'll go out but if by some miracle we get an early extraordinary event in the first 20 minutes (red card, penalty, or both) anything is possible. Barca will struggle a lot with 10 players judging by what we saw yesterday. 11 vs 11 with our current available players, I don't believe we'll make it, but an extraordinary event might just give us a real chance.

Hopefully Barca will go into the game thinking they are through, and we go into the game still believing. If we get a couple of goals in the first half they'll be shocked and they'll lose their heads like we did yesterday.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:16 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think too many of you are just looking at the scoreline. We got beaten bad in the last 15 minutes, the first 75 were pretty even except that they had more dangerous chances; but our defence was doing its job very well. Up front we were horrible but how much of that is up to tactics and how much of it is up to missing players is debatable. I think despite the fact that we didn't shoot, we had plenty of chances, we just never got a right final pass to actually have an attempt on goal. And that's where Robbery come in.

Don't let stats mislead you. We were the worse team undoubtedly, but it was a close one. With half our team out we almost equalled the most in-form team in the world right now and we kept one of the best attacking trios in history from scoring for over an hour despite missing Alaba and Badstuber. It's all for nothing, true, but we can't just pretend that the first 75 minutes were like the last 15, it's disrespectful to the guys we love and support.

Looking ahead after a night's sleep, I suppose we should take a bit of heart in the fact that Barca scored 3 in 15 minutes; Alonso's team once did it in 6. We have 90 minutes. I am sure we'll go out but if by some miracle we get an early extraordinary event in the first 20 minutes (red card, penalty, or both) anything is possible. Barca will struggle a lot with 10 players judging by what we saw yesterday. 11 vs 11 with our current available players, I don't believe we'll make it, but an extraordinary event might just give us a real chance.

Hopefully Barca will go into the game thinking they are through, and we go into the game still believing. If we get a couple of goals in the first half they'll be shocked and they'll lose their heads like we did yesterday.

not with 3-0... IMO it is all decided. We will have no new players coming in so the team will be exhausted again. What red cards ??? Wasn't the Neymar simulation not enough as an example yest??? UEFA is a corrupted corporation ... Had the ref some balls today we would have been talking of a possible chance to equal the score cause I believe that had DIvemar been sent out we would have at least drawn 0-0 or lost 0-1
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SilentStrike » Thu May 07, 2015 8:27 am

I dont blame the defense. They were great yesterday. Our midfield are guilty. They kept losing the ball immediately, and for some reason WOULD NEVER SHOOT. Goddamnit I was cursing when we were with 3 players up against two of their defenders and ended up passing the ball back, only to lose it again in our buildup. All those stupid little passes. What the fuck. Just shoot. I couldn't stand it.

Neuer, Boateng, Benatia were immense yesterday. The rest failed.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 07, 2015 8:29 am

You never know though. Say we play 60 minutes with a man up and are 1-0 up in the first 30 minutes. I'd have hope again (which I don't have right now).

It's a very ugly situation though when are hope lies in an extraordinary lucky event.

We can't blame Rizzoli for yesterday, he was a very good and fair referee. Unfortunately his decision not to give a second yellow decided the whole two legs; we wouldn't have gone 1-0 down (and that would have affected the other 2 goals), we'd have played 15 minutes with an extra man and Neymar wouldn't play in Munich. But we can't blame him, it would have been a harsh decision. We're just upset because it looks like he WAS going to give it.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 am

The first 15 minutes were actually even worse than the last 15 minutes. Reading the comments some seem to have watched a different game. To me it was 30 minutes after HT that the game was even. The first half we somehow survived without conceding, to put it with the words of the German commentator. Barcelona vs Neuer 0:0, he said. Co-commentator Olli Kahn agreed. And that's also how it looked to me.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 07, 2015 8:43 am

RedQueen wrote:The first 15 minutes were actually even worse than the last 15 minutes. Reading the comments some seem to have watched a different game. To me it was 30 minutes after HT that the game was even. The first half we somehow survived without conceding, to put it with the words of the German commentator. Barcelona vs Neuer 0:0, he said. Co-commentator Olli Kahn agreed. And that's also how it looked to me.

True, but in the second half we were better for 30 minutes. So it was more or less even over the course of the 75 minutes.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kod2600 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:58 am

I hope we don't lose in Munich.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu May 07, 2015 9:02 am

It's the day after and it doesn't look any better.....with all these barca bandwagoners I am meeting, all praise for Messi's wonders and none of them seems to remember that we held them for 75 mins that they were already getting nervous and already losing their head.
Re-watching the 1st goal, why Bernat had to try to dribble that ball which he lost to give them the lead ? I don't know how many times he tried dribbling right into their penalty area to lose the ball when had a better chance putting in a volley and maybe manage to get in a header like we did against Porto ? Was he trying to impress Barca ?

And who was that one who failed trying to clear the ball casually with a backheel after Bernat lost it Alonso ? also trying to impress Barca with his skills ?

Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby MoFattal » Thu May 07, 2015 9:06 am

I hope we can win in the return leg. Personally, I have no hope for us qualifying as that would require more than a miracle, but a win would be a good way for us to leave the competition with our heads high.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 07, 2015 9:39 am

So I just read on Goal.com that Pep thinks we controlled the game up to the first goal. How he can say that is beyond me. We definitely didn't control the game in the first half.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League