You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-09-30] CSKA Moscow vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:45 pm

CSKA Moscow will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 21

Re: [2014-09-30] CSKA Moscow vs Bayern Munich

Postby bastos80 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:15 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Lewandowski barely getting anything from Götze, Müller and Robben.
oh come on this is an old excuse... Its a cliche'... Although I don't blame him 100% ... The guy who coach us is responsible for his change in form. Pep's tactics are arcaic.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I'm totally not going to start an argument about Pep's tactics.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:16 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:why we are not trying to use the wings at all

If you can recall, they already crowd anyone with the ball with 2 players. Robben in the sidelines was immediately crowded. No space. Switching from one wing to another works by creating space but the little space is really not helping. Even if we try to shoot, it gets blocked. Lewa needs to work on his volleys or first touch. So many times he took another touch then the chance was lost.

Defense was shaky because of the wingbacks. Lahm and Alaba are too high up the field to track the wingers running. Leaving Benatia and Dante to fend off the run. Ideally, one player would track the run while the CBs wait for it.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:16 pm

I had hoped for a Bayern player near CSKA's penalty box to cross the ball back to Neuer. I don't think any CSKA player would have bothered to go all the way to attack Neuer. :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:17 pm

Anyways this game was probably the worst so far this season.
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:19 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:I hate it when Pep instructs the team to pass around and lose time. Last 10 minutes were indeed painful.

Isn't that what the players did all match long and the chances they created, they just didn't score or fucked it up by passing even more.. So why push in the last 10 minutes to get a counter and get the 1-1 if you can't make a 2nd in the 80 minutes before ;)

Anyway.. 100st CL win.. and now for the 6th game in a row without conceding a goal... That's a miracle with this defense sometimes, especially with Dante on the pitch.. First it was declining with the season, now his pace seems to decline with every game :S
Ottomeister13

Postby sterndessudens » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:20 pm

I can't blame Lewandowski's position the whole game on why he didn't score. Terrible long balls and crosses by those trying to feed him and Müller. This match is boring just like the Koln game on the weekend. When will we ever see the exciting unbeatable team again in which the overlaps on the wing bring the best out of Lewandowski's chances of scoring again? I just want Bernat benched because he's been ineffective ever since the Schalke 04 game where he's been isolated on the left and still doesn't confuse the opponents or utilise the others better in laying the ball off to alaba on the overlap to provide a cross into the middle. A 1-0 win may haunt us later if it comes down to goal differences depending on the results of Manchester City and Roma.
FC Bayern, Stern des Südens, du wirst niemals untergehn...

Mehmet Scholl once offered a mixtape CD to Oliver Kahn. Kahn replied: Do you want me to shoot myself? Keep your crap to yourself.
sterndessudens
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Australia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:22 pm

bastos80 wrote:Lewandowski barely getting anything from Götze, Müller and Robben.

Lewa + Ribéry = GOAT
Lewa + Müller = not so GOAT (so far)

BS. He got several chances but squandered them all by trying to overelaborate the play. So did Müller and everyone else. I'm glad the team is no longer having a hard time creating chances, but the effectiveness is on the floor now. Pep needs to react, but I'm not overly worried because it's really early in the season.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:23 pm

Maybe when Lahm and Alaba will play fullback again when our midfielders are back ?

I remember enough of those games in the treble winning season by the way.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:23 pm

It's Muller I'm worried about more than Lewa to be honest. What the hell was that pass in the second half?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MatZam » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:24 pm

Is this a good moment to point out that we have kept our 6th clean sheet in a row, something we only managed once last season?

Apart from that, we didn't exactly set the world alight. Robben crossing to Bernat or Shaqiri on the left flank and losing the ball every time because they are short had me tearing my hair out at one point. We really missed Ribery this game, he would have carved their left side apart.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:25 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:

Lewa + Ribéry = GOAT
Lewa + Müller = not so GOAT (so far)

BS. He got several chances but squandered them all by trying to overelaborate the play. So did Müller and everyone else. I'm glad the team is no longer having a hard time creating chances, but the effectiveness is on the floor now. Pep needs to react, but I'm not overly worried because it's really early in the season.

Tell me exactly where did he have those "chances" ?
Must've watched a different game. He barely gets anything to work with, and if he does, he's surrounded by 4 defenders. That link up play with Müller is clearly not working as good as it did with Ribery.
Lewandowski is making the best out of what he gets.
Last edited by bastos80 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:25 pm

MatZam wrote:Is this a good moment to point out that we have kept our 6th clean sheet in a row, something we only managed once last season?

Hadn't noticed that. Cool!

Like Element I kind of expected this kind of game. The first half was good but the second half was incredibly boring.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:27 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's Muller I'm worried about more than Lewa to be honest. What the hell was that pass in the second half?

His finishing has been constantly poor so far.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:27 pm

Tedesco wrote:I was almost punching the wall in the last 10 minutes when you could hear Pep screaming "Hold the ball!"... :evil:

Guess the trip to Malta didn't relieve your everyday-life stress... :\
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:27 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's Muller I'm worried about more than Lewa to be honest. What the hell was that pass in the second half?

He had no space left. I don't think he could shoot
PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League