You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:00 pm

Beşiktaş J.K. will win
5
36%
It will end in a draw
0
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
9
64%
 
Total votes : 14

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:20 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Paphlagonian wrote:It's gonna be an interesting game. I might go to watch the game in Istanbul.

Wear earplugs.


I have a good tolerance against noise. They can't hurt me like Werner. :D

ramsej84 wrote:
Paphlagonian wrote:It's gonna be an interesting game. I might go to watch the game in Istanbul.
Wear a bayern kit,just for us


You want me dead don't you? :twisted:


Werner had a jaw problem from the elbow that he got in the Confederations Cup final and he went off because of that. His substitution had nothing to do with that noise they make in the Vodafone stadium. Also, that whistling has to be the most stupid thing in football. Do all Turkish sides to do that shit or is it only Besiktas?

As for you being scared of your life if you wear a Bayern shirt, well that just shows the “tolerant” nature of the middle east where the Europeans want to import most of their “refugees” from :roll:
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 452 times
Been thanked: 722 times

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby Lukas » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:49 pm

They all do the whistling shit. I hate it so much :twisted:
User avatar
Lukas
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:34 am
National Flag:
England
Has thanked: 176 times
Been thanked: 836 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCB12Forever » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:55 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:I have a good tolerance against noise. They can't hurt me like Werner.


They can't, unless they hit you on the head like a Norwegian did to Werner: it hit his neck spine and triggered a series of reactions in the nervous system. RBL doctors were not able to locate the cause for quite some time.

So be safe!
User avatar
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:26 am
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 122 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby Paphlagonian » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:25 am

America USA wrote:
Werner had a jaw problem from the elbow that he got in the Confederations Cup final and he went off because of that. His substitution had nothing to do with that noise they make in the Vodafone stadium. Also, that whistling has to be the most stupid thing in football. Do all Turkish sides to do that shit or is it only Besiktas?

As for you being scared of your life if you wear a Bayern shirt, well that just shows the “tolerant” nature of the middle east where the Europeans want to import most of their “refugees” from :roll:


I know that he had issues. It was obvious because other players kept playing. I wasn't even trying to promote Beşiktaş or it's fans because I find it pitiful to fail at pitch but to be proud of noise you made especially with that awful whistling. Also those fanatic fans are everywhere. You can get you arse kicked in the England or any part of the world just because you wore the opponent's jersey and yes I agree chances are higher in Turkey because some people see football as religion and they worship their clubs not to mention Turkey's population and nationalism when it comes to UEFA matches. Still though... It has nothing to do with the whole population. Because fanatic fans exists almost everywhere. By the way I'm a Middle Easterner too. So please quit stereotyping.
User avatar
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:33 am
Location: Paphlagonia
National Flag:
Turkey
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 154 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:00 am

Paphlagonian wrote:
America USA wrote:
Werner had a jaw problem from the elbow that he got in the Confederations Cup final and he went off because of that. His substitution had nothing to do with that noise they make in the Vodafone stadium. Also, that whistling has to be the most stupid thing in football. Do all Turkish sides to do that shit or is it only Besiktas?

As for you being scared of your life if you wear a Bayern shirt, well that just shows the “tolerant” nature of the middle east where the Europeans want to import most of their “refugees” from :roll:


I know that he had issues. It was obvious because other players kept playing. I wasn't even trying to promote Beşiktaş or it's fans because I find it pitiful to fail at pitch but to be proud of noise you made especially with that awful whistling. Also those fanatic fans are everywhere. You can get you arse kicked in the England or any part of the world just because you wore the opponent's jersey and yes I agree chances are higher in Turkey because some people see football as religion and they worship their clubs not to mention Turkey's population and nationalism when it comes to UEFA matches. Still though... It has nothing to do with the whole population. Because fanatic fans exists almost everywhere. By the way I'm a Middle Easterner too. So please quit stereotyping.
Or here... I don't imagine myself wearing my Birkirkara shirt amongst the mandra of the Valletta fans either

By any chance do you follow the Turkish league, I mean do you have a local tm which you follow?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33115
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25384 times
Been thanked: 4982 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby Paphlagonian » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:55 am

ramsej84 wrote:By any chance do you follow the Turkish league, I mean do you have a local tm which you follow?


I do. Though I mostly support my local team which is Samsunspor instead of those three giants (Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe, Beşiktaş)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsunspor

Here is our little Allianz :P

Image

Image
User avatar
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:33 am
Location: Paphlagonia
National Flag:
Turkey
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 154 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:33 am

Wow it's nice. Do you play in 1st Liga?
My preferred tm in Turkey is Gala cause of their colours...
my tm is also red and yellow stripes
(In fact there was a guy who had a Gala a shirt who used to wear it for our local games)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 33115
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25384 times
Been thanked: 4982 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby Paphlagonian » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:01 am

ramsej84 wrote:Wow it's nice. Do you play in 1st Liga?
My preferred tm in Turkey is Gala cause of their colours...
my tm is also red and yellow stripes
(In fact there was a guy who had a Gala a shirt who used to wear it for our local games)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk


It's actually second league. (Super Lig is the first league)

So basically

1- Super League
2- TFF 1.League (Where Samsunspor plays)
3- TFF 2.League
User avatar
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:33 am
Location: Paphlagonia
National Flag:
Turkey
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 154 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:01 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:
America USA wrote:
Werner had a jaw problem from the elbow that he got in the Confederations Cup final and he went off because of that. His substitution had nothing to do with that noise they make in the Vodafone stadium. Also, that whistling has to be the most stupid thing in football. Do all Turkish sides to do that shit or is it only Besiktas?

As for you being scared of your life if you wear a Bayern shirt, well that just shows the “tolerant” nature of the middle east where the Europeans want to import most of their “refugees” from :roll:


I know that he had issues. It was obvious because other players kept playing. I wasn't even trying to promote Beşiktaş or it's fans because I find it pitiful to fail at pitch but to be proud of noise you made especially with that awful whistling. Also those fanatic fans are everywhere. You can get you arse kicked in the England or any part of the world just because you wore the opponent's jersey and yes I agree chances are higher in Turkey because some people see football as religion and they worship their clubs not to mention Turkey's population and nationalism when it comes to UEFA matches. Still though... It has nothing to do with the whole population. Because fanatic fans exists almost everywhere. By the way I'm a Middle Easterner too. So please quit stereotyping.

Don’t take it personally man. I know there are decent middle easterners out there but sadly I believe that fellas like yourself are the exception rather than the norm. Based on my personal anecdotal example, for every one sensible and secular middle eastern person I’ve come across there have been another five who were arrogant religious bigots.

Anyway back to the football Do all the Big Three Turkish teams do that whistling noise? If yes that’s so ](*,)

Also I do know that sports tribalism is pretty common everywhere but it tends to worsen in less developed nations (England being the exception)
The closest I’ve ever come to wanting to assault an opposition fan was during those GGMU days, or during Barcelona’s dominance under Pep or when Miami fans wouldn’t shut up about Lebron winning the NBA with them.

And I have a hypothetical for you. Lets say instead of supporting a “foreign” club like Bayern you go into the Besiktas stadium wearing a domestic rivals shirt, lets say, Galatasaray or Fenerbache, will you be under the same threat of physical harm?
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 452 times
Been thanked: 722 times

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:38 pm

America USA wrote:Based on my personal anecdotal example, for every one sensible and secular middle eastern person I’ve come across there have been another five who were arrogant religious bigots.

Well, you're treading dangerous grounds here, so let me fight fire with fire. I have yet to come across a single American who is not an arrogant bigot :mrgreen: When you call a group of people bigots, you are in turn being intolerant to their opinions which makes you a bigot, which also makes me a bigot for the previous sentence I wrote.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36847
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6679 times
Been thanked: 9837 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:11 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:Based on my personal anecdotal example, for every one sensible and secular middle eastern person I’ve come across there have been another five who were arrogant religious bigots.

Well, you're treading dangerous grounds here, so let me fight fire with fire. I have yet to come across a single American who is not an arrogant bigot :mrgreen: When you call a group of people bigots, you are in turn being intolerant to their opinions which makes you a bigot, which also makes me a bigot for the previous sentence I wrote.

You need to start meeting less Dixie landers :roll:

Seriously though in my lifetime I have met very few Arabs who were open minded and secular. Probably I can count them on my fingers.

This is what had happened to me a few years ago: I was once involved with an Arab girl but things fell apart when her family got to know about our relationship. Her father threatened me with death (I told him to FO from the US and do his honor killing shit back in the country he came from.) I dialled 911 in front of him and reported him for death threats. The guy got scared when the cops arrived and changed his tune that I was “trying to abduct his daughter.” The cops calmed things down and then they asked that guy to bring his daughter to give her statement. He called her and she came in a car with another 2-3 men (possibly her brothers) She sided with her father and went along with the abduction story. I was incensed and felt betrayed. The cops understood that the girl and her family were trying to frame me and an elderly officer took me to the side and told me “She ain’t worth it boy.” The cops sent everyone home and I haven’t seen that girl or her family since then. Last year I received news from a mutual friend that a year after we had broken up, her family got her married to a man 15 years older than us. Not that I cared anymore but it made me feel sad about how religion and culture can mess up people’s minds. If all this had happened in the middle east I would probably be dead by now.

I was at Times Square for New years eve a couple of years ago and a group (around 20 men in their 20s) were shouting slogans in Arabic as they were walking together. That’s fine but they were groping any girls in their way as well who they could get their hands on and who were unfortunate enough to be in their way. Luckily for me I wasn’t accompanied by any Females that night.

I don’t like judging people but I’m grateful to life that I was not born in such intolerant and totalitarian lands. I know Western (American) culture is far from perfect but I'm happy to not be living in a theocratic state!
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 452 times
Been thanked: 722 times

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:17 pm

America USA wrote:Also, that whistling has to be the most stupid thing in football.

Have you forgotten WC 2010? :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 34179
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 10022 times
Been thanked: 8103 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:19 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
America USA wrote:Also, that whistling has to be the most stupid thing in football.

Have you forgotten WC 2010? :P

No I haven’t but I don’t want to think about those bee buzzing sounds again! Vuvuzela or whatever that was, it was God awful!
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 452 times
Been thanked: 722 times

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby OhioFan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:29 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:Based on my personal anecdotal example, for every one sensible and secular middle eastern person I’ve come across there have been another five who were arrogant religious bigots.

Well, you're treading dangerous grounds here, so let me fight fire with fire. I have yet to come across a single American who is not an arrogant bigot :mrgreen: When you call a group of people bigots, you are in turn being intolerant to their opinions which makes you a bigot, which also makes me a bigot for the previous sentence I wrote.


What about Americans with dual citizenship? :lol:
St. Arnulf of Metz - Bishop & member of the court of the Frankish king Theodebert II of Austrasia. A noble, Arnulf married Doda & their son was Ansegisel. Ansegisel married Beggia, the daughter of Pepin of Landen, starting the Carolingian dynasty.
User avatar
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: Bavaria on my mind
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 364 times
Been thanked: 192 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-03-14] Beşiktaş vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:23 pm

OhioFan wrote:
MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:Based on my personal anecdotal example, for every one sensible and secular middle eastern person I’ve come across there have been another five who were arrogant religious bigots.

Well, you're treading dangerous grounds here, so let me fight fire with fire. I have yet to come across a single American who is not an arrogant bigot :mrgreen: When you call a group of people bigots, you are in turn being intolerant to their opinions which makes you a bigot, which also makes me a bigot for the previous sentence I wrote.


What about Americans with dual citizenship?
Don't know too many of those, only two and they aren't arrogant and quite tolerant. I think in general dual nationality people are more culture tolerant.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36847
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6679 times
Been thanked: 9837 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests