You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-04-11] Bayern Munich vs Sevilla

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Sevilla FC will win
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2018-04-11] Bayern Munich vs Sevilla

Postby ShawnJ13 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:10 pm

I think it's quite clear from this game we need to move on from Ribery and Robben. I feel like the attack lacked because we played so heavily through them, consistently giving the ball to them on the wings. If we extend their contracts, it will be a waste. I feel like this summer is the time to bring in another 1 or maybe 2 wingers and if we don't, then we'll have reason to worry.
ShawnJ13
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Effenberg777 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:11 pm

real is a fraud. like and share
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby JANCKER » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:real is a fraud. like and share
JANCKER

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:17 pm

#12 wrote:Don’t know, he sure as hell wouldn’t have won there... But... **** Guardiola... Is this about whose is bigger, Jupp’s or his, or is this about us FINALLY making use of how easy this thing is to win these days??

I was joking, obviously.

I think our recent performances and the QF games in particular show the lack of planning in the squad as several of us (you especially) have been saying. Ribery has improved a lot from earlier in the season but it's simply not enough because we cannot have both him and Robben playing at the same time. We are way too slow. We miss Coman so much, and without him we have no option on the left. On the right, it's useless not to play Robben because Muller isn't good in that position.

On our day we are good enough to beat any remaining team. Real have been shown to be beatable. But we won't go into any game knowing we can score. Chances are we will be too slow, Lewa will be invisible, and we won't be able to create anything meaningful, like today.

And to go back to my jibe about Pep, that's actually the thing that has me most worried for the rest of this season. Pep gets a lot of flak (and rightly so) for experimenting too much, but I think that's what we need up front right now. Jupp will probably persist with the conservative way and field Robbery and I just don't see it working unless we are lucky enough to play the CL games on those rare times they play very well.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:23 pm

We'll turn it up when we need to. Note by turning up, I meant playing our best - caveat there, our best may still not win against Madrid because we've barely got any quality. That being said, as we've experienced the last couple of years, no reason to beat a team like Sevilla by a huge margin, wasting our energy and showing too much.

We weren't pressing much tonight. Do you think Jupp would just let that happen if that clearly wasn't okay? Sevilla never even got to smell a comeback - only tie in this QF where that is the case.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby nhanphan1990 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:26 pm

#12 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:
#12 wrote:Soooo... People on here still so **** entitled? We were unable to score at home against the mighty Sevilla... #topteam

BS me all you want...
Bring the excuses... Ref... They fouled like aholes (they DID), whatever else... With arguably the best team... Truth is that’s embarrassing...

Thing though: we qualified!
If we don’t step up bigtime we'll get murdered in the SF...

Of course. We won the game in Sevilla. Why did we have to score today?

Did we also have to allow them more prime opportunities than us? Now granted, it’s not hard to have more than ZERO...

Did we also have to rely on the crossbar?

Of course we only didn’t score cause we didn’t want to... Totally forgot... I'm sure Robben was on his ego trips just for the sake of it an CHOSE to mess up EVERY time ;)
Yeah yeah go on, tell us more about how bad we were, how Liverpool, RM and Roma will kick our asses, blah blah.

I said this before, and I will say it again. Have you ever been happy and positive for once in your life?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
It is not the strong one that wins, the one that wins is strong.

Franz Beckenbauer
nhanphan1990
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nhanphan1990 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 pm

No point in playing with 100% for the win today. No suspension, no injury, preserving energy, while still going through. Those things count.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
It is not the strong one that wins, the one that wins is strong.

Franz Beckenbauer
nhanphan1990
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bbenno » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:00 pm

Is it just me or are we suicidal going into next season with Robbery.
Maybe Sevilla defended well, but Robben needs to get at least one goal from the opportunities he had. :x
Ribery was more creative...but seriously...they gotta put ONE of those in the net. They both have lost too much speed and acceleration.
But granted, our whole frontline was off tonight.
How are we going to get through the semis with these wingers? ...We need Coman the Bavarian back ASAP!!! [-o<
Last edited by bbenno on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:39 am

When I saw the lineup I was really happy and expected a big win. But after 10 minutes I realized that Heynckes decided to play it safe.
Sevilla needed to score two, so we gave them the ball and sat back waiting for counters. We didn't even press high. Seems like we were not even playing up to our 75%

It was a very boring match to be honest, but can't criticise Heynckes after what happened to Real Madrid and Barcelona.

We are in the semifinals, no dramas tonight, no suspensions. Treble chances are getting higher day by day :D
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby America USA » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:42 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:I actually love that Jupp can play immensely attractive attacking football in one game and a very pragmatic grind out approach in the next. I was very pleased with this low-risk, high pragmatism win today. Its what's needed to be champions. End justifies the means and all that. Defensively we were very secure, all of midfield was assisting in press and second balls. Gives me confidence that we can shut down most offenses left (with the exception of liverpool).

This is 100% True.

Jupp is a coaching genius! He knows HOW to manage a team involved in multiple competitions. With Pep it was always about winning handsomely and that led to Bayern’s downfall many times. Sometimes you have to get it done ugly and that’s what we did today.

Sevilla had no shots on target (just hit the crossbar once), No key players suspended for Semifinals and No serious injuries (although Sevilla were playing VERY dirty and the Scotsman allowed a lot of nasty stuff). Job done and we are into the Last Four on Aggregate.

Regarding the match itself. Robbery are now too inconsistent to start simultaneously for Bayern. Coman is a big miss! James and Thiago need to be playing together for us and Rafinha is a very good backup to have in the squad.

So far so good, now onto the next game against Monchengladbach!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:52 am

If Rafinha can keep playing at this level as LB Alaba stands no chance !! :lol:

Seriously, what was that? I've always been in favour of Rafinha, but to be fair I noticed he had declined soooo much that I didn't have any hopes on him. But boy, those 2 performances against Sevilla were brilliant in both ends :shock: He looks 20 y.o =D>
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCB general » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:10 am

Rafinha joined Bayern in summer 2011. People crossed off him long time ago, after Guardiola arrived and at the end of the 2013/2014 season, but... Today is year 2018 and Rafinha is still here, a member of FCB squad and playing for our team.
One of the most important figures in our team although he isn't a standard first-team member, but that's also saying something for itself all these years and how vital is to have a backup player who is still thankful to be a part of a club and remain pleased in the reserve role.
Rafinha can't regret about anything by staying all this time with us. In 232 official appearances for Bayern, he has won 6 Bundesliga titles, 3 DFB Pokals(4th might be on its way), played 2 CL finals(won one), won Bundesliga Supercup 3 times, European Supercup and Club World Cup.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Ed. » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:57 am

YlonenXabi wrote: so we gave them the ball and sat back waiting for counters

Without Coman, there isn't enough straighline speed in this team to damage top level opponents in counters. May work in the BL day in and day out but won't at the back end in Europe.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:34 am

FCB general wrote:Rafinha joined Bayern in summer 2011. People crossed off him long time ago, after Guardiola arrived and at the end of the 2013/2014 season, but... Today is year 2018 and Rafinha is still here, a member of FCB squad and playing for our team.
One of the most important figures in our team although he isn't a standard first-team member, but that's also saying something for itself all these years and how vital is to have a backup player who is still thankful to be a part of a club and remain pleased in the reserve role.
Rafinha can't regret about anything by staying all this time with us. In 232 official appearances for Bayern, he has won 6 Bundesliga titles, 3 DFB Pokals(4th might be on its way), played 2 CL finals(won one), won Bundesliga Supercup 3 times, European Supercup and Club World Cup.

Of course, Rafinha is one of the reasons that I still believe we can win it all: our depth is incredible. We have him, Ulreich, Sule, Vidal, Rudy, Tolisso, Ribery, Robben, Wagner, and Bernat(don't rate him as a fullback but he's actually a decent winger) outside our first choice starting 11 and we've managed to keep plowing on despite injuries the entire season.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Ed. » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:45 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote: We are way too slow. We miss Coman so much, and without him we have no option on the left. On the right, it's useless not to play Robben because Muller isn't good in that position.

On our day we are good enough to beat any remaining team. Real have been shown to be beatable. But we won't go into any game knowing we can score. Chances are we will be too slow, Lewa will be invisible, and we won't be able to create anything meaningful, like today.

Yup, it's readily apparent when watching the other top sides and Bayern that the way we attack is ponderous and way too slow and can be readily defended against, like Sevilla did yesterday.

We had atleast 5-6 instances during the course of the game, where Bayern won the ball early in transition with Sevilla on the back foot and exposed to a quick counter. We simple don't have the speed to do that anymore though. Robben and Ribery put their foot down on the accelerator but everything still appears to be in second gear. Yes, and it's depressing that these 2 are the best options we have.

Kimmich was awfully disappointing as well. How many times did he find himself at the touchline on the right in a position to cross. Why does it always F*cking have to be a pass across the face of goal which always found the first defender?

I've had this pet peeve for many years now. A coach of mine was exactly right in saying from that position, where you are in the opponents penalty area and close to the touch line, and there are players waiting the the box, it seems like a great goal threatening position, but the reality is, it's near impossible to try to find a teammate in the congested penalty area with a pass that he can direct in 1 touch into the goal. The upside is that defenders can also been seen as potential "own goal" scorers. The odds of a goal increase if the ball is drilled in with a lot of pace allowing attackers and defenders little time to react. No one ever seems to want to do this.

I've only seen Kolarov do it with some consistency under Pellegrinis Man City. He would fizz the ball across the box. All it needs is a touch from someone/anyone.
Last edited by Ed. on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League