You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-11-02] Bayern Munich vs S.L. Benfica

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
S.L. Benfica will win
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: [2021-11-02] Bayern Munich vs S.L. Benfica

Postby Evan van Essen » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:04 pm

MUTU wrote:That Lewandowski goal must be one of his best 5 ever.
Wait u mean his second goal? Was it that special? Cause i didn't think so.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk
Evan van Essen
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Alexander » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:07 pm

We have been patient with Sané and it seems it paid off. How many wingers are better than him?
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:08 pm

Alexander wrote:We have been patient with Sané and it seems it paid off. How many wingers are better than him?

Salah.
Apart from that, none.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:09 pm

I guess it will be talk about Benfica and how they are not up to it. With better finishing we would have scored maybe eight. In my world there aren`t many teams capable of that. And we do it quite regularly.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Alexander » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:12 pm

bastos80 wrote:
Alexander wrote:We have been patient with Sané and it seems it paid off. How many wingers are better than him?

Salah.
Apart from that, none.

I think I agree. Sané has the potential to be up there with the very best. Let us hope he keeps it up.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Fénix » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:14 pm

bastos80 wrote:

Salah.
Apart from that, none.

Vinicius Jr is doing fantastic this season and is on his way to become what was foreseen to become.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Alexander » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:18 pm

We are through to the round of 16. Well done boys!
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby aterford » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:21 pm

Goal differential per match, all competitions:

1. Bayern, +3.06
2. Ajax, +2.73
3. Liverpool, +2.13
4. Chelsea, +1.65
5. Man City, +1.44
6. Real Madrid, +1.36
7. Inter, +1.21
8. PSG, +1.06
9. Atletico, +0.50
10. Juventus, +0.47

(If you choose to exclude the Bremer SV result, we are second at +2.57)
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:47 pm

70 goals scored and 18 condeced in 17 games so far all season.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:00 am

bastos80 wrote:70 goals scored and 18 condeced in 17 games so far all season.

Simply out of this world, so unrealistic to say, but that's a reality.

38 in the Bundesliga
12 in the DFB-Pokal
17 in the CL
3 in the DFL Super Cup

I don't know if we did somewhere in the past something like this after 10 matchdays in the Bundesliga and 2 rounds in the Pokal.

It has never been easier for us, especially in the CL.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:09 am

Fénix wrote:I don't know if we did somewhere in the past something like this after 10 matchdays in the Bundesliga and 2 rounds in the Pokal.

It is a record in the Bundesliga for sure as the commentator mentioned it after matchday 9.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ed. » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:49 am

Alexander wrote:Yes, it has been a shaky defence a couple of matches. Still we have conceded less than City,Liverpool and PSG in the CL. And I say we have a good chance against those teams. Why should we feel inferior?

Don't have to feel inferior and we are not, but as you say defence wins titles. In knockout games against big sides we are not going to have Bayern scoring 3 goals every game.
Bad luck, great opposition GK on the day, offence having an off day are going to come into play.

What is under our control is being tight at the back and making it extremely hard to score against, so you only need a couple of chances at the other end. With the away goals dispensed with this season, there will be a reversion to tight 2 legged affairs now.

Great attacking performance today and should have been atleast 7, but the first goal was unnecessary and ok you can say it was lack on concentration at 2-0 which won't happen against better teams but the second goal was good simply constructed goal and exposes a flaw in out CBs (even when Sule/Lucas are playing), i.e they are more often that not beaten in the air.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby longeleven » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:23 am

I know it was a good game and high performance in attack with 5 goals but still very annoyed with the chances our players missed.
In some situations like Sane got the ball when running straight to the goal, if he take 1 more step he could face to face with the goalkeeper but he passed back to the people with packs of opponents in a very tight space.
I can imagine if it was Robben or Messi, Ronaldo, or even Musiala it would be a goal or at least more danger to Benfica but no. There're a lot of chances like that got destroyed by Sane.
Coman was more clinical, he shoot when saw a chance and had more accuracy in passing.

Gnabry, like normal Gnabry, scoring from some edge situation but can miss easily in comfortable 1vs1 :mrgreen:

We would bang like 7 or 8 goals in this game easily.

Defense-wise, again, we lose from the right flank, water is wet.
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Alexander » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:33 am

Ed. wrote:
Alexander wrote:Yes, it has been a shaky defence a couple of matches. Still we have conceded less than City,Liverpool and PSG in the CL. And I say we have a good chance against those teams. Why should we feel inferior?

Don't have to feel inferior and we are not, but as you say defence wins titles. In knockout games against big sides we are not going to have Bayern scoring 3 goals every game.
Bad luck, great opposition GK on the day, offence having an off day are going to come into play.

What is under our control is being tight at the back and making it extremely hard to score against, so you only need a couple of chances at the other end. With the away goals dispensed with this season, there will be a reversion to tight 2 legged affairs now.

Great attacking performance today and should have been atleast 7, but the first goal was unnecessary and ok you can say it was lack on concentration at 2-0 which won't happen against better teams but the second goal was good simply constructed goal and exposes a flaw in out CBs (even when Sule/Lucas are playing), i.e they are more often that not beaten in the air.

I agree that we won`t score as many goals against the best teams and our defence needs to play better. Still we have shown that we are able to shut down the opposition. Maybe a more conservative approach will do? Changing one of Goretzka/Kimmich?
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:42 am

Ed. wrote:What is under our control is being tight at the back and making it extremely hard to score against, so you only need a couple of chances at the other end. With the away goals dispensed with this season, there will be a reversion to tight 2 legged affairs now.

In order to have that type of defense we would need to completely change our tactics. That's not gonna happen. And If you look at our Champions League results in the last 2,5 seasons, I think it's safe to say we are on the right track and one of the 2-3 big favourites to lift the trophy

Apart from a very unlucky 2-1 loss at home vs PSG without Lewy and a 1-1 draw at Wanda vs Atletico with Sarr, Mbi and co we've won EVERY match. Home and away. Pre, during and post COVID* and we've done it in a spectacular fashion. Scoring 4-5 goals against decent opposition is the new normal for us. Back in the day any team would struggle to win away from home in CL. Even Jupp's Super Bayern.

We've been having goal fests almost every time we play away from Germany. Camp Nou, Stamford Bridge, Da Luz, Tottenham Stadium, Olimpico di Roma, RB Arena...

And I don't see any defensive minded team amongst the favourites. It's pretty much the opposite. Bayern, City, Liverpool, PSG... definitely not rock solid defenses

On the contrary, I've seen Atletico de Madrid being knocked out multiple times due to their deffensive approach in KO games.

*With post-COVID I'm talking about stadiums allowing spectators and that sort of things.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League