You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-11-27] Bayern Munich vs S.L. Benfica

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
20%
It will end in a draw
20%
S.L. Benfica will win
60%

Total votes : 5

Re: [2018-11-27] Bayern Munich vs S.L. Benfica

Postby Ollio » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:46 pm

Woohoo already had a couple decent plays, glad for him.
Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby aterford » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:47 pm

Your reactions are welcome:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Hopefully the scoreline doesn't change here in the last minute(s)...... haha.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:49 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:I'm curious to know how much people will forgot the disastrous season so far after one good game in almost 2 months. Don't get me wrong, i'm happy for the win, but there are still a lot of people who don't have a place in the team and organisation.

I'm curious as to how people explain it.
Seems like for many, everything good that happens = because of Kovac and everything bad that happens = because of player mistakes, insubordination, or injuries.

Is this what following Kovac's instructions look like? Did Kovac finally change his tactics? OR is this the players just playing well in spite of Kovac's instructions? Will be interested to hear others' explanations/causes.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:49 pm

#KovacMussBleiben

Congrats, nice win.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Fénix » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:54 pm

5-1!

I can't stop laughing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Achilles » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:09 pm

aterford wrote:Is this what following Kovac's instructions look like? Did Kovac finally change his tactics? OR is this the players just playing well in spite of Kovac's instructions? Will be interested to hear others' explanations/causes.

Why you're always looking for a straight answer? Black or white? Sometimes is grey.
Is a mix of things happening at the same time for this downfall and Kovac is just another element.

According to rumors, Kovac mentioned to the players that he is in borrowed time here so they might got bumped up and received that statement as a win over their coach or their pride simply got hurt by the draw against the weakest German team at home while the blew a 2-goal lead...

Even if Kovac leaves this games like tonight won't become a routine, many things needs to be changed.
The same players tonight destroyed Benfica and completely dominated BVB in the first half, same players were against Ajax, Fortuna,Freiburg etc
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby aterford » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:14 pm

Achilles wrote:
aterford wrote:Is this what following Kovac's instructions look like? Did Kovac finally change his tactics? OR is this the players just playing well in spite of Kovac's instructions? Will be interested to hear others' explanations/causes.

Why you're always looking for a straight answer? Black or white? Sometimes is grey.
Is a mix of things happening at the same time for this downfall and Kovac is just another element.

According to rumors, Kovac mentioned to the players that he is in borrowed time here so they might got bumped up and received that statement as a win over their coach or their pride simply got hurt by the draw against the weakest German team at home while the blew a 2-goal lead...

Even if Kovac leaves this games like tonight won't become a routine, many things needs to be changed.
The same players tonight destroyed Benfica and completely dominated BVB in the first half, same players were against Ajax, Fortuna,Freiburg etc

Haha, I think perhaps I said it in a misleading way or maybe you read me wrong. Either way, this is basically what I am getting at. Truth is likely somewhere in the middle, with the players somewhat at fault, the manager somewhat at fault, and the bosses and board somewhat at fault too. How you divide that up, I don't know
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:23 pm

aterford wrote:Your reactions are welcome:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Hopefully the scoreline doesn't change here in the last minute(s)...... haha.

Is something wrong with my device or is it basically identical to the one from Saturday?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:47 am

IsiahRashad wrote:We're so antiquated, it makes me feel like they are still working with Windows 95 at Säbener Strasse

..beats Windows 10 at least. There's gotta be a lesson in there.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:05 am

pyrasur wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:We're so antiquated, it makes me feel like they are still working with Windows 95 at Säbener Strasse

..beats Windows 10 at least. There's gotta be a lesson in there.

In waiting?
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ed. » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:16 pm

Benefica weren't awful, Bayern today put in a stellar performance.
Robben was clearly the difference maker.

The thing is, with this squad, this is what you have to expect. Average displays interspersed with the brilliant.

I have to say, Uli + Karl were right about one thing - Getting Boateng's ass out of Munich.
That is the 3 or 4th time this season the muppet has dived into a tackle as the last man, come out hitting not ball or man but with grass in his mouth and has lead to the attacking player scoring a goal
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:21 pm

Ed. wrote:Benefica weren't awful, Bayern today put in a stellar performance.
Robben was clearly the difference maker.

The thing is, with this squad, this is what you have to expect. Average displays interspersed with the brilliant.

I have to say, Uli + Karl were right about one thing - Getting Boateng's ass out of Munich.
That is the 3 or 4th time this season the muppet has dived into a tackle as the last man, come out hitting not ball or man but with grass in his mouth and has lead to the attacking player scoring a goal

Oh but they were! And it was not stellar, it was good... It was clinical first and foremost... But it was definitely an improvement... And a big one...

Neither was the weekend average btw, it was plain shot!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby banter23 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:31 pm

MUTU wrote:
Ollio wrote:3-3

Bad prediction :)

Your predicted (or preferred) line-up was also not very high class :)
banter23
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:24 pm

banter23 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Ollio wrote:3-3

Bad prediction :)

Your predicted (or preferred) line-up was also not very high class :)

Man, Neuer in attack would've bagged 6 goals on his own. He's got a steel shot.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League