You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
34
85%
It will end in a draw
2
5%
Real Madrid will win
4
10%
 
Total votes : 40

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby RB624 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:23 am

Bayern 1 - 0 Ronaldo

That's all that really matters...
User avatar
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:59 pm
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 119 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:41 am

- Muller’s miss after 20 seconds
- Ribery’s poor ball control in front of goal
- Hummel’s shot after a corner with no one covering him
- Muller and Lewa bumping into each other on the goal line
- Ribery shooting directly at Navas twice
- Lewa’s 1v1 miss towards the end

If our “world-class” attack cannot score AT LEAST one goal from all of those clear-cut chances, then no injuries or refereeing decisions can justify the loss tonight.

It doesn’t matter who was injured. Our players up front choked. The tactics were very good. The ball moved correctly from defense to attack. We just didn’t convert. IFs and BUTs are not a valid argument to describe tonight’s results. Neuer’s or Alaba’s presence wouldn’t have made Lewa score that 1v1. The fact that Ribery, our weakest link for this entire season, was out best player says a lot about the underperfmance of our “stars”.

Real Madrid got exactly what they came for: an away win. It doesn’t matter for them how we “dominated” the game. They can easily up their game in the return, but it might not be necessary to do so. They converted two out of their three chances and sat back watching us screw ourselves as they’ve become used to in the last few years.
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11772
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 4807 times
Been thanked: 2689 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby tflags » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:41 am

Just wanted to let you know that the only starting non defender for Madrid that got a rating higher than 7 was Lucas Vasquez with a 7.7. Asensio was subbed in with a 7.2 and a goal (f*cker :oops: ).

Commentator for ESPN mentioned how invisible Kroos, Casimiro and Modric were all game. I guess they were still stretching from the lazy weekend.

The only starting non defender for Bayern was James with a 7.6. Thiago was subbed in with a 7.1. The two only non-defenders with a higher than 7 rating.

The only player on the pitch with a rating bellow 6 was Muller with a paltry 5.6

I also got a it surprised about the comments regarding Thiago, given the fact that no other player vs Hannover ran as much on Saturday and yet he got higher ratings than Madrid who didn't play at all not to mention our own.

Interesting.
tflags

 

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:45 am

Sportmediaset.
Put Ribery as the best player on the pitch

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45311
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 30299 times
Been thanked: 6504 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby America USA » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:51 am

MoFattal wrote:- Muller’s miss after 20 seconds
- Ribery’s poor ball control in front of goal
- Hummel’s shot after a corner with no one covering him
- Muller and Lewa bumping into each other on the goal line
- Ribery shooting directly at Navas twice
- Lewa’s 1v1 miss towards the end

If our “world-class” attack cannot score AT LEAST one goal from all of those clear-cut chances, then no injuries or refereeing decisions can justify the loss tonight.

It doesn’t matter who was injured. Our players up front choked. The tactics were very good. The ball moved correctly from defense to attack. We just didn’t convert. IFs and BUTs are not a valid argument to describe tonight’s results. Neuer’s or Alaba’s presence wouldn’t have made Lewa score that 1v1. The fact that Ribery, our weakest link for this entire season, was out best player says a lot about the underperfmance of our “stars”.

Real Madrid got exactly what they came for: an away win. It doesn’t matter for them how we “dominated” the game. They can easily up their game in the return, but it might not be necessary to do so. They converted two out of their three chances and sat back watching us screw ourselves as they’ve become used to in the last few years.

This is true.

Muller should’ve used his head. Ramos would’ve scored from Hummels’ chance and the less said about that Lewandowski miss the better.

I know that football is a just a sport but I really felt the urge to physically assault both Rafinha and Robert once the final whistle was blown. :twisted:

The sad reality is that Bayern were not good enough. Need to fix a lot of shit at this club if we are to ever do the treble again.
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 572 times
Been thanked: 963 times

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:51 am

Sounds a depressing night its really unlikely now but i dont think its over just yet we can hurt them but we have to be clinical next week to have even a glimmer of hope.
KIMMICH! 
User avatar
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 pm
National Flag:
England
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 115 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:16 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't understand why is everyone saying so many b******t !!

Yes, this defeat hurts a lot. We were wasteful etc. But we are playing the CL semis against the best team in the world. We were missing half of the team and still played a great game. I don't see why suddenly all our players are clowns, losers, rubbish etc

We have a strong squad and we will need to sign a couple of good players in summer. But I don't understand all this overreacting ! :evil:


As I said, with a healthy squad we were likely to win this game with relatively ease.
Bro. I also think our squad is theoretically great. But at a point you have to question their mentals. This is the sloppiest we've played in ages. So many poor passes and stupid mistakes (including the Rafinha blinder). Thiago, I haven't seen play this bad ever. Müller, Lewandowski. Wtf? Disastrous performances from this dudes. They are so much better than what they showed today, fgs!

There's also the injuries. As someone pointed out before, when a thing happens every effing season, it's not bad luck any more. At this point, our board needs to seriously consider getting a starting-quality LB and CB (or even two!). Guys like Boateng, Alaba, Thiago and Javi have consistently missed too many games! And let's not even mention Robben. The infamous Glassman... Are we supposed to blame that one too on luck?

On top of that, there was absolutely no intensity! We were playing like this is just another effing Bundesliga mstch, instead of the biggest game of the season!

Ultimately, I will insist on what I've been saying for a long time... Tactics. Shitty tactics. We were playing some wing-based game for which we don't have any wingers who are good enough! At this point I'm celebrating Kovac's arrival, and hoping he will look outside the box and try a 352 or 442 or a 4222 or something like that something that DOES NOT RELY ON PLAYERS WE DON'T HAVE (And aren't going to get, because Malcom is NOT good enough)!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7284
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3226 times
Been thanked: 2814 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:25 am

But yeah i think we need new starting left backs and at least one winger. Another cb more as back up sule can start for us. But alaba and boateng their fitness cant be trusted. Theoretically we arent weak in many places the last few years we have been unlucky i barely blame the players the last 3 seasons. Atletico away was awful but that home leg was fantastic and we bottled a great chance. Last year we gave everything in the bernebeu. Next week i expect the same and real are going to have to work as hard as possible to get to the final if we do that im happy. There are problems the amount of injuries cant just be bad luck year after year something in training must be wrong. Im dissapointed we wasted a couple of years with guardiola the bayern that lost 5-0 to real and 5-2 to barca i have no possible defence for. That was the time to kick on and stop bottling, it didnt and hasnt happened. Were not that far behind real madrid theoretically they just have the knowhow something that seems to be getting harder and harder to find for us.
KIMMICH! 
User avatar
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 pm
National Flag:
England
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 115 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby America USA » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:30 am

Until Modric, Ramos, Benzema, Ronaldo and Marcelo are at RM, they will keep winning at the Allianz. Those five are the spine of that squad and they seem to have worked out how to win in Munich.
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 572 times
Been thanked: 963 times

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby Larhm » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:10 am

The refs are apparently kind to us today. So many decisions were to our advantage. Too bad this squad is just not up to their level. Madrid did not even play well yet had comfortably beaten us with only 40 percent possession. All of our attacks were going through Ribery who just looked slow and predictable. Both of our wingers are done. To think we have Coman and Gnabry as their replacements are really depressing.
User avatar
Larhm
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:13 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 78 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby Manchu » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:51 am

Larhm wrote:The refs are apparently kind to us today. So many decisions were to our advantage. Too bad this squad is just not up to their level. Madrid did not even play well yet had comfortably beaten us with only 40 percent possession. All of our attacks were going through Ribery who just looked slow and predictable. Both of our wingers are done. To think we have Coman and Gnabry as their replacements are really depressing.

Again,
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Our problem was not chance creation(nor was it defense). Our problem was that our squad had bad luck in front of goal while Madrid had good luck(Lewandowski, Muller, Ribery, etc are normally average or better than average finishers). Treating the first time that this team has dominated Spanish opposition in many years as a result of systematic failure is not smart.
User avatar
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:34 am
Has thanked: 345 times
Been thanked: 470 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:02 am

Manchu wrote:Our problem was not chance creation(nor was it defense). Our problem was that our squad had bad luck in front of goal while Madrid had good luck(Lewandowski, Muller, Ribery, etc are normally average or better than average finishers). Treating the first time that this team has dominated Spanish opposition in many years as a result of systematic failure is not smart.


This.

"We had a lot of chances and didn't score"

this has become a lingering problem for Bayern, the NT and sometimes Dortmund (back in the days).

I think it has something to do with the low intensity of BL games.

In BL games, we can afford wasting chances, no worries, they will not have a chance. If we can snatch 1 chance in 5, we can comfortably win 3-0.

But this is clearly not the case in CL.
User avatar
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:26 am
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 140 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby bmguy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:03 am

Jupp had a right tactical plan for the match by using 2 speedy skillful wingers to contain Real LB,RB going forward. But we're out of luck as usual at this stage of the season, too much injury kills off our rhythm and Hoeneß still hasn't done anything.

Our squad is ageing, their bone became crystal glass. I love Robben but hate to say we should not renew his contract, Robbery no longer fits enough for big games. Maybe we keep Ribery for his good chemistry with Alaba on and off the field. Also, there's rumour on Boateng to seek out a new opportunity to play outside of the country, that would make Sule the official CB and Bayern need to buy a young player like Ajax de Ligt as a backup. :roll:

Lewandowski is not better than Wagner, he can score that many goals is because Bundesliga is weak, so our midfield can easily create chances for strikers. He can leave to join Madrid, no need to regret as we have fund for other plans. Jupp could give a surprise change next week, we can lose but at least show the spirit.
Last edited by bmguy on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:22 pm
National Flag:
Vietnam
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 78 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:08 am

Manchu wrote:
Larhm wrote:The refs are apparently kind to us today. So many decisions were to our advantage. Too bad this squad is just not up to their level. Madrid did not even play well yet had comfortably beaten us with only 40 percent possession. All of our attacks were going through Ribery who just looked slow and predictable. Both of our wingers are done. To think we have Coman and Gnabry as their replacements are really depressing.

Again,
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Our problem was not chance creation(nor was it defense). Our problem was that our squad had bad luck in front of goal while Madrid had good luck(Lewandowski, Muller, Ribery, etc are normally average or better than average finishers). Treating the first time that this team has dominated Spanish opposition in many years as a result of systematic failure is not smart.
This is wrong. On the graph is looks so wonderful, but the truth is those chances were bad quality. Must of the time we took those shots in situations where Madrid had something like 6 players cramped into their box. Under those circumstances, scoring is less likely. We move the ball too slow from defense to attack.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7284
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3226 times
Been thanked: 2814 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-04-25] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby sobuj » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:17 am

barca & with some transfer psg is the only team in future i see can stop madridnin CL
Bayern is now more close to arsenal than elite CL club like real barca

in..martial/world class winger
Out..big game clown thiago, robbery, rafinha bernet

**** this shit show every year :evil:
Last edited by sobuj on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
sobuj
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:47 pm
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 9 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests