You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
89%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
11%

Total votes : 9

Re: [2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby CiriacoS » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:02 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
CiriacoS wrote:Tactical set-up will be crucial. This is Flick’s task to find balance and adequate solution for Lewy. Its a huge loss, no doubt about that. We cant replace him. But I am confident that we have quality up-front to make them suffer. Its just the question of finding the right approach.

I don’t think we should try to win by a big margin in Munich. I think it will be crucial to be stable, to control the game, to defend properly. Even if we play a draw we still have equal chances to progress. I don’t see any big disadvantage of playing away - on the contrary.

So all in all, this will be a long and very tough tie. The experience and our confidence are our biggest advantage. And of course it will go down to who is motivated more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It comes down to Flick’s choices, yes... but also Pochettino’s. Their defence is not too good and we can reasonably assume they would have marked Lewandowski out of the game. Will they be more open and less tight without him playing, leaving room for us to hit on the counter?
I am not sure to be frank. They marked him quite well in the final. Kimpembe and Marquinhos are quite good defenders and I dont think Lewy would have had a lot of space to play.

That being said, if right tactics are deployed, we might be able to use his loss to our advantage in this game. His absence may also give false sense of security to them. But having a free roamer in the centre like Gnabry or even Sane might cause havoc. Although with Lewy its impossible to stop him if he is given even the slightest of chance at least you know what you get. But now they wont be even sure who they will face in the middle of the attack.

However, I am not sure if the team is prepared well enough to attack without him. That would be Flick’s big task. We have showed that we can counter attack extremely well. We have to utilise that. I think RB would be a very good test for PSG.

CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:14 pm

Verrati is out of both duels because of COVID-19.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:33 pm

So we guys are crying because of Lewandowski being injured. PSG have Thilo Kehrer, Abdou Diallo, Juan Bernat, Alessandro Florenzi, Danilo Pereira, Leandro Paredes (suspension), Marco Verratti, Mauro Icardi and Moise Kean currently out.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Birthday

Postby zozon » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:36 pm

Well, Lewa's worth on the field is almost like all of those combined, so...
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:51 pm

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:17 pm

zozon wrote:Verrati is out of both duels because of COVID-19.

According to BeIN, he will only miss the first leg. I guess the rest depends on his tests.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:26 pm

MUTU wrote:

According to BeIN, he will only miss the first leg. I guess the rest depends on his tests.
Grazzie ha Bonucci ...
So you see he was not inj after all... he faked it and ended up worse
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:37 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Grazzie ha Bonucci ...
So you see he was not inj after all... he faked it and ended up worse

You would make a fun lawyer in a court of law, ramsej84. I'd like to see you arguing to a judge that the fact that Verratti tested positive for COVID-19 is undeniable proof that Verratti faked an injury. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:38 pm

MUTU wrote:So we guys are crying because of Lewandowski being injured. PSG have Thilo Kehrer, Abdou Diallo, Juan Bernat, Alessandro Florenzi, Danilo Pereira, Leandro Paredes (suspension), Marco Verratti, Mauro Icardi and Moise Kean currently out.
Maybe all of them together can bring as much to the pitch as half Lewy.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:44 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:So we guys are crying because of Lewandowski being injured. PSG have Thilo Kehrer, Abdou Diallo, Juan Bernat, Alessandro Florenzi, Danilo Pereira, Leandro Paredes (suspension), Marco Verratti, Mauro Icardi and Moise Kean currently out.

So you're saying that if Kehrer, Diallo, Bernat, Florenzi, Pereira, Paredes, Verratti, Icardi and Kean were each cloned so there'd be two of each, and they'd all play a match against 1 Lewandowski, so it'd be 18 players against Lewandowski, you're saying the PSG players could MAYBE get a draw :lol: :lol: Hyperbole much?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:48 pm

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

So you're saying that if Kehrer, Diallo, Bernat, Florenzi, Pereira, Paredes, Verratti, Icardi and Kean were each cloned so there'd be two of each, and they'd all play a match against 1 Lewandowski, so it'd be 18 players against Lewandowski, you're saying the PSG players could MAYBE get a draw :|
Of course not. What you have to look at is their marginal contribution. i.e.: When you account for who the starters are and who the missing players backups are, missing all of those is not anywhere near the difference between having Lewy on the pitch vs having the second best.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CiriacoS » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:20 pm

Veratti is essential player for them in midfield. Same with Kimmich for us.

Also Paredes is another important midfield player for them. Essentially losing Veratti and Paredes for their midfield is almost equal as losing Lewy for our attack. Although Lewy is special player, the best in the world, thus its difficult to quantify the loss at all.

So at this point I just pray we wont have any other absent players on our side. Losing Lewandowski is more than enough.

CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:46 pm

In late Jan MV tested pve as well
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lahmies » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:26 pm

The only players from that list that really make a difference for PSG are Verratti and Paredes. The rest are not that important. I think we're pretty evenly matched now, with them missing two important midfielders and us missing our tremendous striker. It could go either way.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:47 am

Without RL9 I'll watch this game more in hopes of something good than in anticipation of a good win. I think Bayern are finished in the UCL without the best striker in the world :(
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League