You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
89%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
11%

Total votes : 9

Re: [2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby Alexander » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:13 am

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:We could also play another game #12, find one CL match in which we had over 30 shots and still lost the match. The only match I can think of was the 2012 CL final, and only if you count the extra time stats.
So?

How exactly does that habe anything to do with dreamers who still think this tie is open?

We haven’t had a disadvantage this big for a second leg in ages!

Looking at yesterdays match you don’t see a chance that we can turn it around?
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:14 am

Alexander wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:We could also play another game #12, find one CL match in which we had over 30 shots and still lost the match. The only match I can think of was the 2012 CL final, and only if you count the extra time stats.
So?

How exactly does that habe anything to do with dreamers who still think this tie is open?

We haven’t had a disadvantage this big for a second leg in ages!

Looking at yesterdays match you don’t see a chance that we can turn it around?
ESPECIALLY looking at yesterday’s game: Not even if hell freezes over!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:17 am

You are exaggerating and if we lose next week it still won't be an "I told you so" moment.

They are favourites, clearly so, and we have a very difficult task ahead. But the tie is not over, it is ridiculous to think Bayern can't score 2 or 3 in a game again.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:22 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:You are exaggerating and if we lose next week it still won't be an "I told you so" moment.

They are favourites, clearly so, and we have a very difficult task ahead. But the tie is not over, it is ridiculous to think Bayern can't score 2 or 3 in a game again.
I am not and the moment‘s already over... You may look as early as January, when you and others would come up with an "oh but it will be different once the crunch time comes along" and other wishful thinking like that...

It’s not ridiculous, it’s ridiculous to think the sane players will finish better and Navas will do worse, on top of thinking 3 goals would be enough... Even 4 won’t... And we won’t even draw...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:52 am

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:You are exaggerating and if we lose next week it still won't be an "I told you so" moment.

I am not and the moment‘s already over... You may look as early as January, when you and others would come up with an "oh but it will be different once the crunch time comes along" and other wishful thinking like that...

It’s not ridiculous, it’s ridiculous to think the sane players will finish better and Navas will do worse, on top of thinking 3 goals would be enough... Even 4 won’t... And we won’t even draw...

A serious question, do you think Bayern have done a good match the last two-three years? I see nothing but ranting about how bad we are. Is there anything with Bayern that pleases you?
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Achilles » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:58 am

We missed Gnabry in this game more than Lewandowski. His tenacity and goal-instinct are essential for the K.O stage.
Sane was shadow, we brought him in order to shine for such games, taking some responsibility and be a constant threat for the opponent, I don't see that lately and he hasn't shown much in the CL.

As for the return leg, Sane should start at LW which is his best position imo. Lucas should start definitely at CB and Davies LB.
I don't what will happen with Goretzka but Javi can provide if he stays back patching holes and narrowing the space between the lines, there is simply too much space left behind. Alaba is an error robot and I don't trust him to deliver solid performances, he is uncapable of that at the moment.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayern_Swede » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:05 am

Achilles wrote:We missed Gnabry in this game more than Lewandowski. His tenacity and goal-instinct are essential for the K.O stage.
Sane was shadow, we brought him in order to shine for such games, taking some responsibility and be a constant threat for the opponent, I don't see that lately and he hasn't shown much in the CL.

As for the return leg, Sane should start at LW which is his best position imo. Lucas should start definitely at CB and Davies LB.
I don't what will happen with Goretzka but Javi can provide if he stays back patching holes and narrowing the space between the lines, there is simply too much space left behind. Alaba is an error robot and I don't trust him to deliver solid performances, he is uncapable of that at the moment.
Yes. Sané isn't a inverted winger and should play to the left. Both Coman and Gnabry is equally good from both sides, so it's really weird that Flick hasn't play Sané at his natural position.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk
Bayern_Swede
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:11 am

Navas had a tremendous game...

Sane ... I wanted to comment .... as things stand ....

Money down the drain
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby longeleven » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:32 am

Bayern_Swede wrote:
Achilles wrote:We missed Gnabry in this game more than Lewandowski. His tenacity and goal-instinct are essential for the K.O stage.

Yes. Sané isn't a inverted winger and should play to the left. Both Coman and Gnabry is equally good from both sides, so it's really weird that Flick hasn't play Sané at his natural position.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

Sane told to everyone he prefer right wing, Pep played him on the left. That one of reason the boy left city.
But for me, in 3 wingers Gnabry is the best on the right. His contribute from that wing is huge.
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:33 am

ramsej84 wrote:Navas had a tremendous game...

Sane ... I wanted to comment .... as things stand ....

Money down the drain

Navas had a good game but 'tremendous' is pushing it. For all the chances we had, I don't think he made a single 'impossible' save, just a number of decent ones.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:35 am

#12 wrote:

So you think a player performing above his average will definitely not play worse and players playing below their average will definitely not play better? Where’s the sense in that?

Again, not saying we will make it, I also believe we won’t, but I can’t see the logic behind thinking there’s no point in even showing up.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:46 am

fcnrz wrote:We didn't convert our chances but this game showed again thwt our FO dropped the ball in the transfer season. You could see why Flick is unsatisfied he comes turns it around and our FO ends up beeing cheap. We dont have a proper replacement for Goretzka-Kimmich duo and a proper rotation vplayer for the RB. It probably would have been a different story if we subbed in Thiago for injured Goretzka and an attacking RB in the 2nd half.

Now without Lewy and Gnabry it will be difficult
Nah, I gotta disagree with this one. Tolisso was for long and very good CM, the perfect backup to Goretzka. He is not working out lately but that was unpredictable. Pavard plain a simple is the best we can do (besides Kimmich, if we had Thiago around) at RB. It's not the bench that killed us yesterday, it was Flicks obsession with Alaba.

Perhaps what I would argue is that it has been clear for ages that our CBs are not up for snuff and the board should have acted earlier and more decisively. They brought Lucas, cool... But Süle is not good enough either.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:49 am

#12 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Lol I just realized the second leg is on my birthday. Let's all hope o get a good birthday present.
A PS5?

MUCH more likely than us even drawing this btw...
I think my GF is gonna get me a Bayern shirt actually, but i would take the PS5 too.

PD: she is a feminist who gets exasperated with "how seriously men take football" and was outraged at how mad I was after the game.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Alexander » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:03 pm

We lost but I feel the match showed that if/when we have our day there is no team that is better than us. I believe we should be one of the biggest favourites for the next years.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby longeleven » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 pm

the best scenario for us at the moment is COVID break out again then UEFA delay all football activities 2 months later. All our injured players could comeback and stacking stamina in the mean time and boom :mrgreen:
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League