You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
89%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
11%

Total votes : 9

Re: [2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:29 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:@MUTU
@FCBayernMunchen

I also attribute the defeat to the fact that the game was live on tvm

So was the CL final and Club World Cup final. Stop being silly. Bayern players didn't miss their chances because they knew the Maltese population could watch the match on free-to-air TV. How do you not realise how pathetic this sounds? :|
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:30 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fcnrz » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:46 am

We didn't convert our chances but this game showed again thwt our FO dropped the ball in the transfer season. You could see why Flick is unsatisfied he comes turns it around and our FO ends up beeing cheap. We dont have a proper replacement for Goretzka-Kimmich duo and a proper rotation vplayer for the RB. It probably would have been a different story if we subbed in Thiago for injured Goretzka and an attacking RB in the 2nd half.

Now without Lewy and Gnabry it will be difficult
fcnrz
Getting the hang of it

Postby Bayern_Swede » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:52 am

MihailT wrote:
Bayern_Swede wrote:Stuff of nightmares that one. Didn't Müller miss a penalty in that game on top of everything?

Anyhow, there's often talk about our club's strong winning mentality but it's more common that we crumble at this stage. It's either individual mistakes, horrible tactics, injuries (due to bad squad management) or insufficient scoring. Last season was an exception, to even reach the final is an exception really as it happens once a decennium at the most.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

What do you mean though? We crumble at 1/4-finals? That's statistically inaccurate - we're the second team behind Real Madrid with the most 1/2-finals and finals played. That's without accounting for the fact that they've participated in European competitions since the 1950s, whereas we started our run in the 1970's.

Furthermore, we've played 11 finals for just over 50 years of time. On average, that's once in less than five years, not "once in a decennium at most". Since 2000 alone, we've played 5 finals in 20 years, which is once every four years.

Let's not rewrite history and attempt to make us look like the loosers of Europe just because in a single match everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong.

With "at this stage" I mean this kind of top opposition. Not a single final between 2014 and 2019, with us crumbling against top opposition.
I mean games we should've won but didn't. There are plenty of those. And we're tied second on the all time CL-final losses.

Games when everthing goes wrong is not a rarity. Against A Madrid, against Barca, against Real, against Chelsea all in the last decade.

In addition, I wouldn't count us as top tier prior to our treble season 2013. We became one of the other behemoths after that season, especially money wise, but yet have wasted so many chances to do more with it.

Bayern_Swede
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mani » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:25 am

America USA wrote:When Müller scored the 2-2 I was so relieved. I came back from a call and BOOM! just like that the score was 2-3 and I knew in my heart that it was all over :cry:

The 2-3 shortly after Müller’s goal was absolutely devastating. Felt like giving up, you could sense the disbelief in our players aswell. Despite still dominating the game it just wasn’t the same anymore.
Mani
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:46 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Lol I just realized the second leg is on my birthday. Let's all hope o get a good birthday present.
A PS5?

MUCH more likely than us even drawing this btw...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:47 am

YlonenXabi wrote:As I said before the game, if Flick was looking for a more defensive approach so that Neymar and Mbappe wouldn't have that much space then it made perfect sense to start Lucas as LB and Davies on the bench.

The problem for him was that Neuer gifted them a goal after just 3 minutes of play, which ruined our game plan as we then had to push forward and go for at least one or two goals.

But overall it was a solid / good performance by most of our players as we created more than enough chances to win the game. But unlike the CL final, this time Neuer didn't have a solid performance and we were not clinical up front.

I expect the away game to be similar to this and again small details will decide who goes through. We will create enough goal chances to score a few and they will likely have one or two clear ones. Whether if score from them or not it's another story
No, Paris is going through... Especially since they’re also getting players back and we‘re not...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:48 am

bmguy wrote:any news on Goretzka and Sule injury ? Goretzka and Kimich are so overloaded with so many games with NT and Bayern. Hope Kimmich remain healthy for the rest of the season.

We definitely need one more healthy CM to replace Tolisso who are constantly injured. I'd rather swap Roca with our old boy Niklas Dorsch anytime.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2 ... sub-davies
We don’t need Kimmich to secure this Bundesliga now...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:52 am

MUTU wrote:
CiriacoS wrote:
#12 wrote:Seriously, I challenge ANYONE: name ONE(!) occasion where we traveled for the second leg being down a goal - regardless if the even worse result now - and still qualified! One! I think you gotta go back some 40-50 years for that...
2007 against Real. Lost 3-2 in Madrid, won 2-0 in Munich and went through. Makaay and Lucio scored the goals.

But that's with the second leg at home mate.
Also, it was 2-1...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:54 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:Seriously, I challenge ANYONE: name ONE(!) occasion where we traveled for the second leg being down a goal - regardless if the even worse result now - and still qualified! One! I think you gotta go back some 40-50 years for that...
I know you’re going to deny it because of the final result but as recently as 2017 we left Munich with a similar result (slightly better as only 2 away goals) and we got what we needed to turn it around, only to be fucked up by refereeing.
We "got what we needed" because of bad refereeing in the first place... And we have to score 4 to 5 goals AT LEAST with this puddin joker up front who couldn’t hit the street with a car...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:56 am

Alexander wrote:I have said it so many times and I will do it again. It is maybe oldfashioned but I prefer a defender who is able to win duels, close down space and kick the ball out of the stadium rather than being a contributor of lovely longballs. We have the offence, what we miss is a classic defender. If we don`t stabilize our defence it will very difficult to win CL even if I think we overall can be the best team for a couple of years. Don`t waste this lovely core of a team! My five cents...
Dude, it’s nit difficult, it‘s impossible! Get educated on the modus! No way that‘s gonna happen... And the core? Brazzo‘s already working on destroying it more...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:56 am

Bayern_Swede wrote:
MihailT wrote:
Bayern_Swede wrote:Stuff of nightmares that one. Didn't Müller miss a penalty in that game on top of everything?

Anyhow, there's often talk about our club's strong winning mentality but it's more common that we crumble at this stage. It's either individual mistakes, horrible tactics, injuries (due to bad squad management) or insufficient scoring. Last season was an exception, to even reach the final is an exception really as it happens once a decennium at the most.

What do you mean though? We crumble at 1/4-finals? That's statistically inaccurate - we're the second team behind Real Madrid with the most 1/2-finals and finals played. That's without accounting for the fact that they've participated in European competitions since the 1950s, whereas we started our run in the 1970's.

Furthermore, we've played 11 finals for just over 50 years of time. On average, that's once in less than five years, not "once in a decennium at most". Since 2000 alone, we've played 5 finals in 20 years, which is once every four years.

Let's not rewrite history and attempt to make us look like the loosers of Europe just because in a single match everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong.

With "at this stage" I mean this kind of top opposition. Not a single final between 2014 and 2019, with us crumbling against top opposition.
I mean games we should've won but didn't. There are plenty of those. And we're tied second on the all time CL-final losses.

Games when everthing goes wrong is not a rarity. Against A Madrid, against Barca, against Real, against Chelsea all in the last decade.

In addition, I wouldn't count us as top tier prior to our treble season 2013. We became one of the other behemoths after that season, especially money wise, but yet have wasted so many chances to do more with it.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk[/

Since our treble in 2013 we have won CL once. Even though it is very difficult I think we have ”underachieved” . In my mind we have not been inferior to Real and it hurts that they lifted the trophy four times....
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:57 am

MUTU wrote:We could also play another game #12, find one CL match in which we had over 30 shots and still lost the match. The only match I can think of was the 2012 CL final, and only if you count the extra time stats.
So?

How exactly does that habe anything to do with dreamers who still think this tie is open?

We haven’t had a disadvantage this big for a second leg in ages!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:58 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Were very close vs Real... and we all know what happened....
We git insanely lucky first, then a little unlucky, which caused you people to find a scapegoat?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:05 am

Mani wrote:
America USA wrote:When Müller scored the 2-2 I was so relieved. I came back from a call and BOOM! just like that the score was 2-3 and I knew in my heart that it was all over :cry:

The 2-3 shortly after Müller’s goal was absolutely devastating. Felt like giving up, you could sense the disbelief in our players aswell. Despite still dominating the game it just wasn’t the same anymore.
Yeah cause top teams should use momentum, not throw it away... We still behave like inexperienced boys too often...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League