You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
89%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
11%

Total votes : 9

Re: [2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby Alexander » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:17 am

I have said it so many times and I will do it again. It is maybe oldfashioned but I prefer a defender who is able to win duels, close down space and kick the ball out of the stadium rather than being a contributor of lovely longballs. We have the offence, what we miss is a classic defender. If we don`t stabilize our defence it will very difficult to win the CL even if I think we overall can be the best team for a couple of years. Don`t waste this lovely core of a team! My five cents...
Last edited by Alexander on Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:18 am

We could also play another game #12, find one CL match in which we had over 30 shots and still lost the match. The only match I can think of was the 2012 CL final, and only if you count the extra time stats.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:19 am

MUTU wrote:We could also play another game #12, find one CL match in which we had over 30 shots and still lost the match.

We didn't lose the match but were eliminated anyway against Atletico Madrid in 2016 after having more than 30+ shots in the second leg.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:27 am

#12 wrote:Seriously, I challenge ANYONE: name ONE(!) occasion where we traveled for the second leg being down a goal - regardless if the even worse result now - and still qualified! One! I think you gotta go back some 40-50 years for that...
Were very close vs Real... and we all know what happened....
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayern_Swede » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:28 am

America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:We could also play another game #12, find one CL match in which we had over 30 shots and still lost the match.

We didn't lose the match but were eliminated anyway against Atletico Madrid in 2016 after having more than 30+ shots in the second leg.
Stuff of nightmares that one. Didn't Müller miss a penalty in that game on top of everything?

Anyhow, there's often talk about our club's strong winning mentality but it's more common that we crumble at this stage. It's either individual mistakes, horrible tactics, injuries (due to bad squad management) or insufficient scoring. Last season was an exception, to even reach the final is an exception really as it happens once a decennium at the most.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk
Bayern_Swede
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayern_Swede » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:38 am

Alexander wrote:I have said it so many times and I will do it again. It is maybe oldfashioned but I prefer a defender who is able to win duels, close down space and kick the ball out of the stadium rather than being a contributor of lovely longballs. We have the offence, what we miss is a classic defender. If we don`t stabilize our defence it will very difficult to win CL even if I think we overall can be the best team for a couple of years. Don`t waste this lovely core of a team! My five cents...
Lucas is that kind of defender but Flick ranks passing accuracy higher than defending skills. Alaba shouldn't be near a defending line.

Bayern_Swede
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MihailT » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:59 am

Bayern_Swede wrote:Stuff of nightmares that one. Didn't Müller miss a penalty in that game on top of everything?

Anyhow, there's often talk about our club's strong winning mentality but it's more common that we crumble at this stage. It's either individual mistakes, horrible tactics, injuries (due to bad squad management) or insufficient scoring. Last season was an exception, to even reach the final is an exception really as it happens once a decennium at the most.

What do you mean though? We crumble at 1/4-finals? That's statistically inaccurate - we're the second team behind Real Madrid with the most 1/2-finals and finals played. That's without accounting for the fact that they've participated in European competitions since the 1950s, whereas we started our run in the 1970's.

Furthermore, we've played 11 finals for just over 50 years of time. On average, that's once in less than five years, not "once in a decennium at most". Since 2000 alone, we've played 5 finals in 20 years, which is once every four years.

Let's not rewrite history and attempt to make us look like the loosers of Europe just because in a single match everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong.
MihailT
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:02 am

When Müller scored the 2-2 I was so relieved. I came back from a call and BOOM! just like that the score was 2-3 and I knew in my heart that it was all over :cry:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby CiriacoS » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:03 am

MUTU wrote:
CiriacoS wrote:
#12 wrote:Seriously, I challenge ANYONE: name ONE(!) occasion where we traveled for the second leg being down a goal - regardless if the even worse result now - and still qualified! One! I think you gotta go back some 40-50 years for that...
2007 against Real. Lost 3-2 in Madrid, won 2-0 in Munich and went through. Makaay and Lucio scored the goals.

But that's with the second leg at home mate.

Exactly. But it was still Real Madrid (at that point much better team quality wise than our's) and we were also not allowed to concede (at least not a lot) otherwise remontada would not have been possible. In other words, yes not exactly the same situation, but I dare to say a pretty much similar one.

And to be honest given the current situation I don't see much advantages playing home or away since there are no fans. I can think of a lot of examples during this "covid era" where the guests were much more successful and a lot of upsets were made.

The problem in our case is something else...we dont have Lewa and our squad is playing at the absolute limit right now. In any other case I would have been much more confident. But lets wait and see, much more stranger things have happened in football than overturning a one goal deficit.
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:04 am

BTW Bayern Munich can't play well under the snow apparently :roll:

Also I hate Keylor Navas. Can't stand that guy. He's been on the fortunate end against Bayern far too many times. I just detest seeing his face on the screen now! :evil:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:05 am

America USA wrote:

... yes, we won that match.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:15 am

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby CiriacoS » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:19 am

As soon as we conceded after their first attack of the game I knew we were in for a big trouble. It gives so much more confidence to the opponent out of nothing, without even having to make a sweat. And it's the worst possible start since they can smell blood while we become twice as much nervous. The game "ended" before it has even started properly.

In every other scenario we would have scored at least 2 more goals yesterday. It was that game when the ball just wont go in. Crazy stuff. But I can not be pissed at the team. What they have been able to pull, the football we showed, it was fantastic.

I know everyone is blaming Flick or Brazzo or certain players. But one of the main reasons why we won the CL last year and we lost yesterday, playing absolutely the same style of football, it's because of our bench. In normal circumstance we would have had a proper striker yesterday who would have been able to convert at least 2-3 chances, we would have had guys like Coutinho or Perisic who can come in the game at minute 60. with fresh legs and who are made to make things happen in tight spaces like yesterday. Instead, we had Kimmich who played 90 minutes without having the chance to even take a breath for a second, Coman who probably would not be able to walk for couple of days now, Muller who was bleeding at one point but did not have a clue because was so focused.

Who is that to blame for? You know the answer. You don't win the treble while immediately after that allowing to destroy your winning squad and giving your trainer and sporting director the budget to buy players not worthy of a second division Bundesliga team. We are repeating the same mistake over and over and over and over again. And now? Now, we will see Boateng, Alaba, Martinez leaving. On top of that we have guys like Sarr, EMCM, Roca who barely play. Good luck replacing all of them properly.

The return leg? We have witnessed 1000 times more stranger things happening in football than overturning a 1 goal deficit. If anyone can do it, we can do it. But considering the above, It will be extremely hard. Lets see.
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:22 am

@MUTU
@FCBayernMunchen

I also attribute the defeat to the fact that the game was live on tvm
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:24 am

ramsej84 wrote:@MUTU
@FCBayernMunchen

I also attribute the defeat to the fact that the game was live on tvm

So was the CL final and Club World Cup final. Stop being silly. Bayern players didn't miss their chances because they knew the Maltese population could watch the match on free-to-air TV. How do you not realise how pathetic this sounds? :|
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League