You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
89%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
11%

Total votes : 9

Re: [2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:57 am

Faust wrote:PSG is not a great team. We fielded a weak starting XI with a very thin bench, our defense and CF was a big joke and still could have won the game from 0-2. They haven't improved since last year and neither Pochettino is a great manager at that level, imo. Their midfield and defense were tragic. It is us and Flick that have regressed this year. Even if they go through they are going out against City. I can see a City-Real final with City probably winning it.
It’s not an "even if" anymore...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Faust » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:02 am

#12 wrote:Seriously, I challenge ANYONE: name ONE(!) occasion where we traveled for the second leg being down a goal - regardless if the even worse result now - and still qualified! One! I think you gotta go back some 40-50 years for that...

Inter - Bayern 1988/89 UEFA Cup. Lost 0-2 in Munich, won 1-3 in Milan.

We could have dumped Real too when we lost 1-2 in Munich if not for Kassai.
Last edited by Faust on Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faust
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Faust » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:09 am

#12 wrote:
Faust wrote:PSG is not a great team. We fielded a weak starting XI with a very thin bench, our defense and CF was a big joke and still could have won the game from 0-2. They haven't improved since last year and neither Pochettino is a great manager at that level, imo. Their midfield and defense were tragic. It is us and Flick that have regressed this year. Even if they go through they are going out against City. I can see a City-Real final with City probably winning it.
It’s not an "even if" anymore...

I agree. Can't see overturning this result with this personnel and tactics.
Faust
Getting the hang of it

Postby Larhm » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:47 am

Looks like we used the same tactics as we did against barca in the 8-2 game. But this time Mbappe and Neymar have turned up. Crazy how 1 or 2 elite forwards can make such a difference. PSG was otherwise mediocre.

Lewandowski's absence is greatly felt. :(
Larhm
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bartsch » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:52 am

I can’t get over how Alaba blatantly chose NOT to pass to Davies, who was all alone with a acres of space. Directly led to the 3rd goal against. I watched Davies yelling for it and nothing! Does Alaba have something against him? It really seemed to be a petty decision by Alaba.
bartsch
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Ed. » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:04 am

PSG is such a lopsided team, depending on magic from the frontline rather than team play. I guess that's what Pochettino has deduced is the best way to get results from the squad he's got.

They didn't need any magic today though.
The third goal, you have to suck that up, we lost the ball yes (alaba?), but you have to lose it at some point!, it was a good counter.
The second goal, yes, defence has to do much better, but it was a great ball and run from Marquinos.

The first goal is the one I have trouble with, just so timid. I suspect perhaps what happened is what all of us were thinking in the opening 2 mins when we created 2 chances and hit the post, the players let their guard down thinking, we got this.

To me that indicates a lack of preparation and like some, I'm blaming Flick for this defeat too.
First catastrophic error is not having your fastest defensive asset in Davies starting, if he knew these were the tactics he wanted to deploy from the outset. Back pedalling against Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria, cmon you can't leave Davies on the bench.

Second error is not preparing and drilling the the back 4 he started with well enough for the contest which was evident with the first 2 goals.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:13 am

Lol I just realized the second leg is on my birthday. Let's all hope o get a good birthday present.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:21 am

As I said before the game, if Flick was looking for a more defensive approach so that Neymar and Mbappe wouldn't have that much space then it made perfect sense to start Lucas as LB and Davies on the bench.

The problem for him was that Neuer gifted them a goal after just 3 minutes of play, which ruined our game plan as we then had to push forward and go for at least one or two goals.

But overall it was a solid / good performance by most of our players as we created more than enough chances to win the game. But unlike the CL final, this time Neuer didn't have a solid performance and we were not clinical up front.

I expect the away game to be similar to this and again small details will decide who goes through. We will create enough goal chances to score a few and they will likely have one or two clear ones. Whether if score from them or not it's another story
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby bmguy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:22 am

any news on Goretzka and Sule injury ? Goretzka and Kimich are so overloaded with so many games with NT and Bayern. Hope Kimmich remain healthy for the rest of the season.

We definitely need one more healthy CM to replace Tolisso who are constantly injured. I'd rather swap Roca with our old boy Niklas Dorsch anytime.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2 ... sub-davies
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby Alexander » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:54 am

Mixed feelings after this match. I have some thougths:

1. Our defence has been poor all season and this time we paid for it. It was bound to happen.
2. It is very hard to replace the best player in the world. ECM did it as good as possible.
3. Tactics, Covid, fatigue, injuries and so on. Perhaps our defenders are not good enough at defending?
4. Sane and Coman were wasteful.
5. To win CL you have to have some luck. Yesterday it wasn`t on our side.
6. I think we still showed that we are a very good team. Inferior to no one when we have our day.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:56 am

We lost the match yesterday thanks to that completely avoidable first goal. We were left all match desperately attacking leaving the back wide open to counterattacks. The snow didn't help our first touches in the tight spaces they left at their back and we played without our best 3 finishers.

Now it's done I think. We'll need to score at very least 3 away goals to stand a chance at qualification because it's highly unlikely we will win 0-2.

Oh and thanks to the idiots who thought it would be a good idea to loan out Zirkzee.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:58 am

Overall we were the better team. The scoreboard is a mix of tough luck and sluggish defense. I can take the 2-3 defeat, welcomed because IMO it's manageable and we have the quality to do something extra at Paris.
With Lewandowski we would already be through but we weren't ruthless and efficient unlike PSG who where excellent exploiting our defensive mistakes. Their main players like Mpabbe, Navas and Neymar were excellent and their individual quality beat our team effort.
If the game repeats in the second leg then we can go through, it's impossible for them to escape for a second time such offense but that won't be the case... PSG has the upper hand, they will sit tight and hit us on the counter. Lewandowski won't be there to push and score. We'll see but right now I don't see us as favorites anymore.

Flick preparation was disappointing. Sane was dreadful. Alaba was awful. Neuer let us down. Choupo despite scoring was negative overall.
Muller and Kimmich for me were the best players from our side and I liked Lucas and Davies.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CiriacoS » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:58 am

#12 wrote:Seriously, I challenge ANYONE: name ONE(!) occasion where we traveled for the second leg being down a goal - regardless if the even worse result now - and still qualified! One! I think you gotta go back some 40-50 years for that...
2007 against Real. Lost 3-2 in Madrid, won 2-0 in Munich and went through. Makaay and Lucio scored the goals.
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:12 am

CiriacoS wrote:
2007 against Real. Lost 3-2 in Madrid, won 2-0 in Munich and went through. Makaay and Lucio scored the goals.

But that's with the second leg at home mate.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

[2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:16 am

I know you’re going to deny it because of the final result but as recently as 2017 we left Munich with a similar result (slightly better as only 2 away goals) and we got what we needed to turn it around, only to be fucked up by refereeing.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League