You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
89%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
11%

Total votes : 9

Re: [2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Anyway, I know I’ll get attacked by some for this but just leaving it here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39152666

I’m not even close to confident either but it’s not over.
Without Lewa Gnabry and most probably Leon....and with that shitty def? impossible

P.S Imagine it was someone else rather than Neuer who made that shitty mistake plus the no reaction in the third.... imagine if it was poor Ulreich in goal... just imagine
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:44 pm

I still don’t know how we allowed ourselves to lose that game
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby munchen99 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Well Flick wouldn't, since a better DM already exists on our bench and didn't get a chance. Yes, Javi's finished, but he's practically built for a game like this and a more than worthy emergency option than a failed LB turned failed CM turned failed CB.
The Alaba hate FOR THE TIME HE WAS IN MIDFIELD is unjustified. In fact I think he was better than Kimmich and he came very close to scoring twice, which is more than can be said for anyone except Muller.[/quote]

Agree 100% Alaba was actually good in midfield. He helped us close down PSG players quite a bit and added creativity. Maybe he should stick there for a while and leave defending to Lucas and Co. Unfortunately Kimmich was tired today. And not sure why Musiala wasn't subbed on.
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:48 pm

bbenno wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
bbenno wrote:[quote="T4L10N"]We are still in the game, we just need to convert our chances

I don’t know. If we don’t have Lewi back for next weeks game, we’re out, I believe.

How the F#*% van we create like 30 chances and only score two goals?!!! And they create like 5 and score 3??! F#+%*^}!!!!

Maybe I can answer my own question: because Lewi ain’t in the game. We are too dependent on him. I don’t know if its EMCM who’s too poor, or its the other players who can’t score... (that header from Mouting was not bad BTW).
Choupo-Moting definitely messed up badly today. But of course it’s not just Lewa. It was Gnabry too. It was losing Goretzka so early. It was no subs among the forwards. It was Sané making Robben look like the most selfless player ever.

Agree, Coman and Sane are just not Robbery. When we face top opposition, they’re not at the level they should be. Goretzka, Gnabry and Lewi would have given us a win. I know Coman scored against PSG in the final, but his end product is just STILL not good enough.[/quote]Was going to post this.... very well said.
I was going to post how today we are witnessing that someone like Robbery we will never have...

Since that is the case I would not pursue more wingers I d actually go for two strikers formation or two cam behind the lonely forward

3-4-1-2
3-4-2-1

Neuer

Pavard Upa Lucas

Gnabry Kimmich Goretzka Davies

Mueller Musiala

Lewa
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bmguy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:54 pm

Wow, it's sad to see how empty it was on the bench. Gnabry was positive with covid in the wrong time.

I wonder why football teams can't get the vaccine injection to avoid shameful moments like this.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby dras_l » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:57 pm

If we exclude fuc*ing ref it would be much easier to value our players. Well, the whole situation remained me how Carlo with Real crushed us few years ago. In this game Muller impressed most, so there is hope for revanche. Sane should have session with Robben “how to shoot on the goal” and Kimmich should always look for a free player, not on favourite player. About Boateng, he made mistake (again) but he was not supposed to be alone with Mbape. For return game there is a hope but we are not favourite any more.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
dras_l
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lahmies » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:57 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Well, this is discouraging. :?
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:01 pm

Lahmies wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

I don’t think he’s wrong.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:02 pm

bmguy wrote:Wow, it's sad to see how empty it was on the bench. Gnabry was positive with covid in the wrong time.

I wonder why football teams can't get the vaccine injection to avoid shameful moments like this.
I’m as mad as you but tbh, fuck ‘em. They’re already way overvalued as human beings. They definitely shouldn’t be prioritised for vaccines.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:05 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Lahmies wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

I don’t think he’s wrong.
Neither do I. The problem was gifting two goals to QSG by starting with Alaba and Süle in defense. That and bad luck killed us tonight.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lahmies » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:10 pm

IDK, but the way Flick doesn't seem to realize our defense is a problem is... a problem.
We can play dominantly all we want, but there's only so many goals we can score when we concede this often.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:11 pm

Exactly. Even with all the players missing, with all the missed chances, in the end we scored 2 and PSG needed absolute gifts to score 2 out of 3 goals + a Neuer whose only saves tonight were offside chances.

Which is why I said during the game that keeping the 2-2 is more important than trying to get another goal. Even without Gnabry and Lewandowski back, if next week’s game is similar to today’s I think it’s unlikely we’ll lose again (of course they might play better). But now we’re in a situation where winning is not enough. We need to score at least 3, unless we somehow keep a clean sheet this time.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Pittbay » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:26 pm

We’ll have to score quickly. We’ll be out of energy with no way to change the attack besides Musiala if still chasing around the hour mark of the second leg.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Lahmies » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:27 pm

...And we'll gift them more goals since Flick keeps using the same tactics over and over again. He doesn't care about defense. And we still won't have Lewandowski and Gnabry, so outscoring the opponent probably won't work (again).
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:33 pm

munchen99 wrote:
#12 wrote:Doesn’t feel good, but this is a true "told ya" moment!

I‘ve said it a million times: won’t fly against actual opposition... And we‘ve watched this game for the fifth time this season...

We‘re out...

Told us what? We dominated the game inside and out. Flick's insistence on alaba and boateng cost us the game. Neuer had a terrible day. Ref didn't give us one penalty from 3 handballs inside the box. All this without lewandowski. We had the players. Coach made terrible decisions. Why isn't sane subbed off? Why not put in musiala?

Tell us what? WTF are you even talking about.
Like against Bielefeld, Mainz, Dortmund, Leipzig? This is the fucking Champions League, not a kindergarten party... It doesn’t work here!

Sané created 4 good chances that the idiots in the center wasted...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League