You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
89%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
11%

Total votes : 9

Re: [2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby aterford » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:15 am

For me it's still a 50-50 match at absolute worst and frankly I'd still (along with most neutral/objective observers) continue to consider us the favorites at this point.

For all the talk of our defense having not even the faintest hope of stopping their scary attack, let's remember that it has already been stopped this year by teams like Lens, Marseille, Lyon, Lille, Nantes, St Etienne, Man United (Starting a defense of Telles/Shaw/Tuanzebe/Lindelof/AWB no less), a makeshift Barcelona, and yeah - even Niko Kovac's Monaco.

No secret that I've had my complaints about our defense too, but if those teams, if Barcelona with Frenkie de Jong at CB, if Niko Kovac can hold them off, we might just be able to get the job done, or at least do enough to get by...
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:28 am

aterford wrote:For me it's still a 50-50 match at absolute worst and frankly I'd still (along with most neutral/objective observers) continue to consider us the favorites at this point.

For all the talk of our defense having not even the faintest hope of stopping their scary attack, let's remember that it has already been stopped this year by teams like Lens, Marseille, Lyon, Lille, Nantes, St Etienne, Man United (Starting a defense of Telles/Shaw/Tuanzebe/Lindelof/AWB no less), a makeshift Barcelona, and yeah - even Niko Kovac's Monaco.

No secret that I've had my complaints about our defense too, but if those teams, if Barcelona with Frenkie de Jong at CB, if Niko Kovac can hold them off, we might just be able to get the job done, or at least do enough to get by...
Correction.

Kovac's ASM destroyed them
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mani » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:44 am

I trust the starting lineup to do well, what I’m worried about is our bench.
Mani
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:14 am

Mani wrote:I trust the starting lineup to do well, what I’m worried about is our bench.

Mainly for CM/striker. Boateng/Sule can cover all the defensive positions (mainly thanks to Alaba moving), Davies and Musiala can cover the wings, and Musiala can cover AM. For midfield I suppose we have Javi and if necessary Alaba but it's clear we don't have anyone to cover Choupo.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:17 am

In a horror scenario where EMCM gets injured early in the match or during warm-up, how do you reckon we'd play? I can imagine either Sané or Musiala playing there.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:27 am

MUTU wrote:In a horror scenario where EMCM gets injured early in the match or during warm-up, how do you reckon we'd play? I can imagine either Sané or Musiala playing there.

I reckom Flick would move Müller up to ST and Goretzka/Musiala to replace Müller at AM
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:37 am

MUTU wrote:In a horror scenario where EMCM gets injured early in the match or during warm-up, how do you reckon we'd play? I can imagine either Sané or Musiala playing there.

imma kif toqghod tahseb dawn l-affarijiet man @?! :evil: :evil:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:19 am

Coman-Sané-Davies
Müller

Would be my preferred option.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

imma kif toqghod tahseb dawn l-affarijiet man @?! :evil: :evil:

So, apparently this means: "but how do you think these things man?"

:lol:
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby longeleven » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:12 pm

Since both Lucas and Davies available I can move Alaba up to pair with Kimmich and using Goretzka as #9. In theory, this way is muchhhh better than using Choupo Moting as a starter =D>
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:19 pm

DiegoForlan wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="America USA"]My confidence in Hans-Dieter Flick's Bayern has never been any lower than it is right now because of the absences of two of our most dangerous goal scoring attacking players.

I don't know how our shambolic defense will be able to contain PSG's awesome attacking players plus with the high line Bayern are practically begging for a humiliation.

It's not 50/50 anymore. I think it's 70/30 to PSG because of our shameful defense and lack of goal scoring options. Only a miracle can see us make it to the Champions League Semifinals now [-o<

We are still the favourites.
And a 30% chance you estimate is not a miracle.
A 0.000000000000000000001% chance is a miracle.
No... 1/10 so 90-10 is enough to call it a miracle...
A lot depends on tomorrow’s game... We HAVE to win
Since when is 1 in 10 a miracle, by any standards,lol

I think we will win in Munich, but the 2nd leg... I think they have 60% chance of going through, if they have a bad day, 20%,they are so bad when they have it, worse than Kovač's Bayern vs Frankfurt.

Poslano sa mog ART-L29 koristeći Tapatalk[/quote]In sports?

See how often a team that is rated at 1/10 chance of winning against the other is winning! THEN, add to it, that we‘re talking about TWO games here... THEN get back to me
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:23 pm

Sané is a waste there... I‘d put Müller or Musiala, the other one behind
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Muller, Sane, Coman, Goretzka, Kimmich, Davies, Pavard, Alaba free kicks, Musiala, and yes, even Choupo-Moting. Plenty of players who can score.

Exactly! We are far from being thin on talent.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:36 pm

#12 wrote:See how often a team that is rated at 1/10 chance of winning against the other is winning! THEN, add to it, that we‘re talking about TWO games here... THEN get back to me

We were talking about "seeing us in the semifinals", hence qualification. It does not matter if it is one match, two matches or 25 matches. If you have a 1/10 chance of progression it means one out of ten times you go through. We lose less than 1 in 10 matches since Flick took over but nobody calls it a miracle if a team beats us in the Bundesliga.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:See how often a team that is rated at 1/10 chance of winning against the other is winning! THEN, add to it, that we‘re talking about TWO games here... THEN get back to me

We were talking about "seeing us in the semifinals", hence qualification. It does not matter if it is one match, two matches or 25 matches. If you have a 1/10 chance of progression it means one out of ten times you go through. We lose less than 1 in 10 matches since Flick took over but nobody calls it a miracle if a team beats us in the Bundesliga.
Well, there’s one user here that gets incredibly angry at losses to these teams...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League