You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
89%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
11%

Total votes : 9

Re: [2021-04-07] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:55 pm

Haha Neymar red card. Pity the suspension doesn't extend to the Champions League
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:57 pm

FT PSG 0-1 Lille.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lahmies » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:59 pm

Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:24 am

After today's win I'm happy that Bayern have a solid chance of winning the BL again so at least we will not end trophyless this season like some guys were fearing.

However with that said without RL9 I think this game is in favor of PSG or at least 50/50. It'll take a herculean effort to win this tie without Lewandowski.

Any win will do so long as PSG don't score too many away goals
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:12 am

America USA wrote:After today's win I'm happy that Bayern have a solid chance of winning the BL again so at least we will not end trophyless this season like some guys were fearing.

However with that said without RL9 I think this game is in favor of PSG or at least 50/50. It'll take a herculean effort to win this tie without Lewandowski.

Any win will do so long as PSG don't score too many away goals
A 50-50 is hardly an "Herculean" task. Also, weren't you the one panicking because we don't stand a chance without Lewy? I'm fairly sure that if we ran a poll here most would think we will win.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:34 am

Yes I'm still panicking about RL9's absence. Lewandowski for Bayern is currently in the same status as CR7 was for Real Madrid. It's not just his goals but his overall contribution to Bayern's attacking play. He draws CBs and opens up space for TM25 and our wingers to take advantage of. Lewandowski not playing is a massive boost to PSG's chances.

With that being said PSG too are without some important players and therefore I think it's a 50/50 game.

Reason I say a Herculean effort would be needed is because PSG will have revenge on their minds and will be highly motivated.

Plus I never had a good feeling since this draw was made and RL9's absence has just compounded my anxiety.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:36 am

America USA wrote:Yes I'm still panicking about RL9's absence. Lewandowski for Bayern is currently in the same status as CR7 was for Real Madrid. It's not just his goals but his overall contribution to Bayern's attacking play. He draws CBs and opens up space for TM25 and our wingers to take advantage of. Lewandowski not playing is a massive boost to PSG's chances.

With that being said PSG too are without some important players and therefore I think it's a 50/50 game.

Reason I say a Herculean effort would be needed is because PSG will have revenge on their minds and will be highly motivated.

Plus I never had a good feeling since this draw was made and RL9's absence has just compounded my anxiety.

At least Choupo is incredibly hard working and well suited to linking and build up play. Doesn’t have Lewys finishing, but you can really expect any back up striker to be that good. Choupo provides a slot in replacement in play style, the duty for goals is just going to be shared more in the front.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:11 am

PSG literally just lost against a Lille and some here think Bayern at close to full strength (minus Lewandowski) are definitely incapable of winning. SMH
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:19 am

America USA wrote:After today's win I'm happy that Bayern have a solid chance of winning the BL again so at least we will not end trophyless this season like some guys were fearing.

Who are these "some guys", you and #12? Trophyless? We've already lifted 3 cups this season. The Bundesliga is practically a certainty at this point so you can say we already have a quadruple in hand.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:23 am

I'm usually very optimistic, but I think they will knock us out. They will be more motivated and hungry for revenge. I'm sure Mbappe has only this competition in his mind.

Another reason is that every goal is key in the KO stages and we tend to concede easily. We rely on outscoring our opponents which usually works but this time we will be facing one of the best attacks in the world (Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria) and we will be without the best player in the world which is our main offensive weapon.

We can definitely beat them with our without Lewy, but I think our CL season will end up here.

The good thing though is that I predicted the same outcome last August :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby America USA » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:28 am

MUTU wrote:

Who are these "some guys", you and #12? Trophyless? We've already lifted 3 cups this season. The Bundesliga is practically a certainty at this point so you can say we already have a quadruple in hand.

Some guys being the pessimist and Ramsej and some other users I can't seem to remember. Also how have we won the quadruple this season? In case you're counting the Supercups and the FIFA CWC those trophies are an extension of the treble won last season so I don't think we should be including them in the 20-21 achievements list.
Last edited by America USA on Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:30 am

Usually when teams lose in a CL final and meet the team that beat them the following season, they shit themselves. I'm sure you guys remember how our players shat themselves in 2011 despite being considerably better than Inter.

We did the same with Real Madrid 2 seasons in a row (albeit the referees had a say in that).

The psychology will be in our favour.

Their players will get in a good scoring position, raise their head, see Neuer in goal, and that's going to mess with their heads and increase their chance of missing.

I'm more confident now than how I was before Lewandowski got injured.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:30 am

America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Some guys being the pessimist and Ramsej and some other users I can't seem to remember. Also how have we won the quadruple this season? In case you're counting the Supercups and the FIFA CWC those trophies are an extension of the treble won last season so I don't think we should be including them in the 20-21 achievements list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E2%8 ... ich_season

If you count the UEFA Supercup and FIFA Club World Cup as part of the season in which we qualified for said competition, does that mean we won the Champions League in the season 2018-19 given that was the season we qualified for it thanks to a top 4 Bundesliga finish?

Also, given we qualified for the 2018-19 Bundesliga thanks to a top 15 finish in 2017-18, would it extend back? If we apply this recursively, did we win all our club history's trophies in 1900 then?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:32 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm usually very optimistic, but I think they will knock us out. They will be more motivated and hungry for revenge. I'm sure Mbappe has only this competition in his mind.

Another reason is that every goal is key in the KO stages and we tend to concede easily. We rely on outscoring our opponents which usually works but this time we will be facing one of the best attacks in the world (Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria) and we will be without the best player in the world which is our main offensive weapon.

We can definitely beat them with our without Lewy, but I think our CL season will end up here.

^ This. I just had a very bad feeling when this draw was made and I think RL9's injury has sealed Bayern's UCL doom. I just think a highly motivated PSG will somehow manage to beat us and I can sadly see our European Cup hopes meeting the end of the road over the next 10 days. I just think Lewandowski's injury is a bad omen of things to come in the UCL
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby CiriacoS » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:34 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm usually very optimistic, but I think they will knock us out. They will be more motivated and hungry for revenge. I'm sure Mbappe has only this competition in his mind.

The good thing though is that I predicted the same outcome last August :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I agree 100% but I have to mention that in some way it does not work like that. Atletico played against same team twice in the final in a short period of time and lost twice....and thats just one example.

Motivation is always key but it does not guarantee you shit. You still have to bring your best possible game on the night. And on top of that you also need luck, experience, composure.

Yes, they will be really motivated. But its a different situation, different circumstances. I have to say I even think their team last year was slightly better. And now especially without Paredes and Veratti in the middle, I dont think we should be afraid. If Lille can shut them down, I dont see a reason why we cant.

Of course, this is also being sad under the assumption that we will go to the limit in this game.

Also, if things go wrong for them, Neymar becomes disadvantage for them and not a saviour like Ronaldo was for Real.
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League