You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-09-27] Bayern Munich vs Manchester City

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How many points are we going to get from this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:15 pm

3 points
79%
1 point
15%
Zero Points
6%

Total votes : 33

Re: [2011-09-27] Bayern Munich vs Manchester City

Postby Cathe » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:15 am

The Napoli match should be interesting. City should get a win against Villareal but I doubt it will do them much good. Our away match against City isn't until like December or something so thats plenty of time for Robben to recover more :twisted: They'll be going down again :)
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby The Spyware » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:31 am

Luiz Gustavo + Schweinsteiger = Earthquake in the centre of the pitch

We were very good and very cohesive really pleased
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby armbrust » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:15 am

wow , those mc forumers are real trash.

well , what kind of fans can you expect from a group of mercenaries that call themself a soccer team.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:21 am

I am really surprised that we maanged to keep ANOTHER clean sheet, 2 in europe already, this was the biggest test given cities front men, I dont know what Heynkes has done, but this new system really is paying off, thank god we have a manager who knows about defending, even DVB looks good in it lol.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby The Spyware » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:27 am

FCB 4 EVA wrote:I am really surprised that we maanged to keep ANOTHER clean sheet, 2 in europe already,

4 :)
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Bigkeeko » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:36 am

Not much to say other than `result`. Really is good to hear commentators backtrack when they realise things aren`t going as planned.

The whole `if that penalty had been given` thing doesn`t wash down with me.

Outstanding result. Deserved.
Die Roten!
Bigkeeko
Getting the hang of it

Postby armbrust » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:38 am

I wouldnt be to surprised if we doesnt concede in the rest of the year.

This is the best Bayern team in the History.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby es_bih » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:14 am

?

No way that this is the best bayern team in history, that team won the CL 3x in a row, but we could get close to the 99-01 era though.
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MilanFan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:18 am

Congrats on the win.

Gomez is a beast :shock:

Im sorry for critising your backline

Boateng is quality

Great preformance, should of had 2/3 more

Looks like Bayern and Napoli are topping the group

Can't wait to see you play Napoli

Should be great
MilanFan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:44 am

Heynckes feels City were a tough opponent but stressed his side were simply too hot to handle.

"The whole team played completely flawlessly in the second half, and Franck Ribery and Bastian Schweinsteiger were simply world class tonight," he said in the press conference after the game.

"At the beginning we were very nervous, but the players recovered the situation during the first half. We played against an outstanding team, but we dominated them in the second half.

"Altogether, it was a very cohesive performance by the team."

With Bayern currently topping both the Bundesliga and the so-called 'Group of Death' in the Champions League, the 66-year-old coach took credit for his side's great run of form.

"Currently, we not only have super team spirit but also play in a very harmonious way, handle space very well and deploy outstanding individual players," Heynckes added.

"We can be very pleased. These were stronger opponents than the teams we have faced in the Bundesliga so far.

"I have analysed how the team played last year. The many goals conceded meant that something was not right. You could see today that tactical discipline in defending was there. We are always capable of scoring."

Rummenigge:
"That was a good display and a great team performance, although Manchester City were also excellent in the first 30 minutes, when they showed what a good team they are. But in the second half we were totally on top of them," Rummenigge told the clubs official website.

While the Germany legend believes that the entire squad put in a solid performance, special mention was made of individual efforts as well.

"All the team played well, but Franck Ribery and Jerome Boateng were exceptional. We've put ourselves in a great position to qualify for the last 16."

Bayern defender Boateng also shared his belief that the victory was well deserved: "Winning today is a good feeling. We settled down after 25 minutes and scored the goals. The second half was very good and we deserved to win it. We've kept another clean sheet and that's class."
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:46 am

The English commentators were absolutely loving the first twenty minutes even though they only created one real chance (Dzeko's shot). But that was it. Bayern were good enought to contain them to just passing the ball about, without any real penetration.

Thats what great teams do. They knew City would go for it, but they were able to contain it, and took their chances when they came.

Only disappointing thing I'd say came from tle game is that we never put at least 2 more past them for the possesion we had, but job was obviously done as City were in disarray! Tevez refusing to play! Zaballetta going nuts on the bench, and Dzeko taking a big hissy fit! It was fun to watch!!!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby lau03143 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:49 am

The Spyware wrote:Luiz Gustavo + Schweinsteiger = Earthquake in the centre of the pitch

We were very good and very cohesive really pleased

The difference between Bayern and City was night and day. As soon as any Bayern player lost the ball, he got it back, that;s been a feature of all the games this season. Bayern work their socks off, and certainly thus far, are reaping reward for it.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:25 am

lau03143 wrote:The English commentators were absolutely loving the first twenty minutes even though they only created one real chance (Dzeko's shot). But that was it. Bayern were good enought to contain them to just passing the ball about, without any real penetration.

Thats what great teams do. They knew City would go for it, but they were able to contain it, and took their chances when they came.

Yes they were pathetic trying to find every excuse to patch up the mess...........they moaned about the referee although there were some dubious decisions against bayern as well..........they also went so far as to state that bayern are not that good but it was MC players lack of spirit which made them look like that :lol:

lau03143 wrote:Only disappointing thing I'd say came from tle game is that we never put at least 2 more past them for the possesion we had, but job was obviously done as City were in disarray!

I know that as long as the result is still acheived, it doesn't matter, but I think that although there are a lot of scoring chances, the team is still wasting way too much, and I'm having this sensation that this will eventually come to haunt us.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:10 am

yet again today i heard

You played vs City which is not a top team , and you still have to prove your strength vs a Top team

DAMN THOSE HATERS , even if we beat Barcelona 5-1 , they will find a reason to say that we are not good

Again , Schweinsteiger and Ribery were MONSTERS
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Element » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:13 am

Mancini announced that Tevez will Never play for City Again after Tevez refusing to come in as Sub

Tevez said as a reason of him refusing to come in

" I did not feel good , And i also was mentally unable to play , so it was better not to"

=========
Seems he still is in shock from the 4-0 loss vs Germany in 2010
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League