You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-03-13] Bayern Munich vs Liverpool

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
67%
Bayern Munich will go through after winning in extra time
5%
Bayern Munich will go through on penalties
5%
Liverpool F.C. will go through on penalties
No votes
Liverpool F.C. will go through on away goals rule after extra time
No votes
Liverpool F.C. will go through after winning in extra time
No votes
It will end in a scoring draw
10%
Liverpool F.C. will win
14%

Total votes : 21

Re: [2019-03-13] Bayern Munich vs Liverpool

Postby Achilles » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:41 am

Lack of tactics is the main problem.
No road map for the players then we can address a quality issue of certain individuals. The starters tonight are on par with Liverpool's or close the coaches on the other hand...

The first good signing should be a capable coach, then the transfers of players. Kovac should resign if not now then at the end of the season, he is out of his depth
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:49 am

Bayern will likely win a Double (improvement over last season) and Kovac will return
Bavarian_Kielbasa
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:49 am

aterford wrote:I wrote a few thoughts shortly after the match, here I've put them together....enjoy or something... haha.

1. I think Kovac got it mostly right in the first leg and truthfully didn’t coach a terrible game tonight, but to score zero goals (Matip OG) over 180 minutes is always going to invite some serious questions of your manager, and I think that’s not too unreasonable. Perhaps it’s on the players, but I can’t help but feel that yet again we were left without answers in the second half when things turned against us. In 180 minutes, we managed TWO shots on target. Pro-Kovac or Anti-Kovac, we should all find that simply unacceptable.

2. For a team who’s allegedly spent so much time on getting defensively sound, I just don’t know what to do. I’m not even necessarily blaming Kovac (though I think that if we’re being objective, things really haven’t improved, at minimum) because it’s the same mistakes year after year after year. Pep, Ancelotti, Jupp, Kovac. Süle, Boateng, Neuer, Rafinha, Alaba, Kimmich, doesn’t matter. Someone (or more than one!) always manages to lose their head when the pressure is on. I don’t know what needs to happen there, but our "big game defense" is a joke, IMO.

3. In general Lewy has had a great season but I think it’s also fair to ask some questions of him today. This makes seven UCL KO matches without getting on the scoresheet. And we can say things like "He’s better with Müller" or "He didn’t have the service" or "Liverpool had the right tactics" or whatever, and that’s fine – might all be true to a degree, but I think it’s not unreasonable to ask for more. I’m not saying he has to score in every single big match – he’s simply not a Ronaldo or Messi-level player, and that’s okay – but at the same time I don’t think it’s too unfair to wish (expect?) for more decisive performances in big games. What’s the longest Robben went without a UCL KO goal or assist?

4. James…I will almost always rep for James, but I’m sorry. He was just a non-factor in both matches. Like I said in the first leg, I think some of it is just a bad tactical match, which happens from time to time….but James fanboys can’t come in here with a straight face and talk about how Müller’s finished and James should always start and then ignore these showings. And that’s not even a "Pro-Müller" statement – James just has to be better in these stages.

5. Okay, now an actual Pro-Müller statement. I honestly think his absence was the main deciding factor in the tie. Neuer might wear the armband, but for me Müller’s our captain on the pitch in actuality. He’s the one who motivates and pushes our players, the one who gets the best out of others. Müller’s like a barometer for Bayern – rarely does a good performance from Müller result in a poor team performance from Bayern. When Müller plays well, everyone plays well. I am sure that he has declined in some ways, but in many ways I think he still serves to get the team going when no one else will.

6. I don't think this was necessarily a make-or-break loss for Kovac (i.e. if he was going to get sacked or be back next year I don't think it would hinge on this match alone) For the club Kovac has probably done enough to earn himself at least a full transfer window to see how the results come. With that being said…I do worry about the impact such a loss could have on the dressing room. We already saw whispers earlier in the season that things weren’t entirely rosy and that was just in the group stages. An early exit – even if it’s to a quality opponent like Liverpool – could cause trouble, I think…

7. The saddest thing is that I think Liverpool did not even play particularly well in either match. This tie was ours for the taking, and we squandered it away. Unfortunately, it’s probably the last time we’ll see Ribery in a CL match for Bayern, and probably won’t see Robben play in one for us again, either.
Very valid points.
In pt3 though you missesd Hummels...
Also I believe that Kimmich was missed as well.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:54 am

bbenno wrote:Ever since we won the Bundesliga four times in a row, ive been hoping for BVB to win it.
If we win it again this year, it will only damage the international recognition of the league further.
Im still hoping for DFB Pokal success, but in this day in age, our team’s success can only be measured by CL success.
Therefore the only successful teams since 2014 are only Real and Barca 4&1respectively.

Psg and city invested incredible sums of money ... not to mention Juve and won 0... same as us
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby r10 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:55 am

JAbayern wrote:This might be unpopular and I might be emotional right now but lewy is not the same and has declined
At least he had some level before, unachievable now and in the future for all of those Gnabrys, Goretzkas, Sules, ...
If you compare CR7 in matches between Juve vs. Atleti and RL9 in Bay vs. LFC tell me on which pitch-half were the teams playing #-o.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Poland

Postby r10 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:01 am

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:I have watched significantly less games this season. I thought it was World Cup hangover but I also think this team just got stale.
Kovac kind of football is unwatchable. Who watched Eintracht Frankfurt besides hardcore domestic fanbase?
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Lukas » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:01 am

Brit media blackout starts now. Should be pretty easy for a few days tbh.

Then another couple of weeks in April
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby r10 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:12 am

Post-match Robert (feel free to use google translator) "We did not risk enough":
https://sport.onet.pl/pilka-nozna/liga- ... ow/tfnxkqb
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:16 am

r10 wrote:Post-match Robert (feel free to use google translator) "We did not risk enough":

Bavarian_Kielbasa
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby bbenno » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:26 am

Hes not wrong. He was way to isolated up front, and it took forever for the cavalry to arrive. By that time Liverpool were in place defensively. We needed to be much quicker in attack.
We created way too little up front. That is, however also down to people like Ribery, who had several chances to penetrate, but just threw them away because he is too slow.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:30 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:He was offside 3 times... Two of which he never had a chance as it was those moments where the opposing defenders misplaced passes at the back, someone like Gnabry caught it by accident, and attempted to pass it back forward in a rush. Very generic random moments.

He should've finished Gnabry's cross made by Ribery's pass, but that's all I've got for criticism. The bias is getting to ramsej84 territory here.

It genuinely seemed like more than 3 to me.

In any case there is a problem. Is it because he's being marked out? Can't beat top defenders? Pressure gets to him? I don't know, but we cannot have a situation where our striker never scores when it matters. In this case no one did but in other years other players scored while he went invisible and missed sitters. It's important to keep in mind the context here as I'm reviving old criticism more than focusing on last night's game.

He is a brilliant striker and he's having his best season, but he never does anything in games like these. It's very frustrating especially considering how in form he is. We desperately need an alternative because when he goes invisible we are absolutely clueless in attack (which also has a lot to do with tactics).
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kod2600 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:33 am

What a reality check we just got last night. After decent performance in the BL, I, just like many others here forgot how bad our team is this season. We got the wake-up slap really good.
What do you expect from a team that in 2019 start a player they bought in 2007? In what universe does this team aim for a good CL run let alone winning the thing?
I'm not going to fully blame Kovac but he honestly isn't the right man for the job even if we gave him better players.
I'm not angry at the result AT ALL and that's saying something to me. Uli clearly said that Kovac has to do something with whatever players we have now until we start rebuilding.
Well, you reap what you sow, Uli.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:34 am

kod2600 wrote:What a reality check we just got last night. After decent performance in the BL, I, just like many others here forgot how bad our team is this season. We got the wake-up slap really good.
What do you expect from a team that in 2019 start a player they bought in 2007? In what universe does this team aim for a good CL run let alone winning the thing?
I'm not going to fully blame Kovac but he honestly isn't the right man for the job even if we gave him better players.
I'm not angry at the result AT ALL and that's saying something to me. Uli clearly said that Kovac has to do something with whatever players we have now until we start rebuilding.
Well, you reap what you sow, Uli.

Sums up my reaction
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:32 am

This pretty much sums everything !
i) Neuer has been on vacation for a long while now.
ii) We only dream of somebody who still knows how to dribble like that. Those who are supposed to do that for us are either as slow as snails or prefer to fall on their arses on the least contact and stay complaining on the grass.
Iii) The level of entitlement has literally eaten away everything and we now have a flock of sheep.

Last edited by Bayernbazi on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:57 am

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:
r10 wrote:Post-match Robert (feel free to use google translator) "We did not risk enough":

This means that we can forget the continuation of the title chase and the pokal win....

The players are ready to stop fighting to achieve their goals
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League