You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-03-13] Bayern Munich vs Liverpool

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
67%
Bayern Munich will go through after winning in extra time
5%
Bayern Munich will go through on penalties
5%
Liverpool F.C. will go through on penalties
No votes
Liverpool F.C. will go through on away goals rule after extra time
No votes
Liverpool F.C. will go through after winning in extra time
No votes
It will end in a scoring draw
10%
Liverpool F.C. will win
14%

Total votes : 21

Re: [2019-03-13] Bayern Munich vs Liverpool

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:59 pm

Bayern fail to reach the Champions League quarterfinals for the first time since 2011. This year we're breaking a lot records !
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:59 pm

bastos80 wrote:The sheer lack of quality in our attack is just absurd.

I agree we lack some fire power upfront.

However what we've witnessed today is something different. We were playing with two lines of 4 players sitting deep and sending long balls to Lewy who was isolated upfront and had no chance to produce anything.

We might lack some quality upfront, but we have enough good players to put Liverpool on the back foot AT HOME. I'm not talking about beating them, I'm talking about creating goal chances, put pressure. In the end the scoreline could have gone either way, but we should have played a very different game

The reason why we couldn't create any goal chance is not because of the lack of quality but because of poor defensive tactics. Kovac was aiming for another 0-0. What an absolute disgrace.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby r10 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:00 pm

I find it unacceptable that we rely on a striker who vanishes in every single big game every single year
You always had a choice of Th. Muller (especially in 2016/17 after RL9s arm injury) and S. Wagner 8).
Last edited by r10 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AvatarX » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:00 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Bayern fail to reach the Champions League quarterfinals for the first time since 2011. This year we're breaking a lot records !

Well, hopefully our next 2 years will have the same result as then 8)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bbenno » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:01 pm

Lewi WAS isolated, especially when our wingers are tracking back so much. But he really had a poor game with bad decision making.
Ribery...I think I could have run faster im attack than him tonight...I love what hes done for the club, but he needs to leave ASAP.
James was poor. The defense was napping at the wrong moments.
Alaba, Thiago and Gnabry were decent.

This is what happens when you are too cheap to buy quality last summer...
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby Machiavellico » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:01 pm

Someone should mail Uli the golden pages from Netherlands..

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:02 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Bayern fail to reach the Champions League quarterfinals for the first time since 2011. This year we're breaking a lot records !

Well, hopefully our next 2 years will have the same result as then 8)

I don't think I could get over another Finale Dahoam [-X [-X [-X [-X
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Spain

Postby America USA » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:03 pm

Don’t know of this comment will post but the website is failing me with sone “General Error”

I can’t post on any other thread (like the Kovac one!) Looks like the website is choking with excessive traffic.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:04 pm

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby AvatarX » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:06 pm

America USA wrote:Don’t know of this comment will post but the website is failing me with sone “General Error”

I can’t post on any other thread (like the Kovac one!) Looks like the website is choking with excessive traffic.

We integrated some "Kovac" code :P
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:08 pm

I don't want to hear anything about how great the Bundesliga teams are playing, how much talent Germany is producing, how Seria A is shit, how playing in France is bad, because they suck. Spurs trashed Dortmund and Liverpool finishing Bayern in the Alianz Arena. The World Cup was enough proof of that.

German football is done out here.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby RVABayern » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:12 pm

The board needs to go for this. Their job is to bring top talent so this doesn’t happen. They refused to spend and we exit at the round of 16 after years of ignoring our squad. Vote no confidence this week. Force them out. Who care if we don’t win a trophy this year.
RVABayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lukas » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:12 pm

German football is a disgrace. For such a large powerful country where football is the number 1 sport by some distance, national and club football is embarrassing.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:12 pm

Seeing a lot of unfounded, quite frankly clueless individual blames on players. Embarrassing to see from this community.

It's a systemic problem that starts and ends with the coach. In the first leg, our right side was already suffocating to bring the ball out of the back. Süle is incapable of that, and we lost Kimmich, the only player in our right side (including Javi and Gnabry) who can put control over the wing. Instead of compensating for the lost of Kimmich by using Boateng, who can drive that side of the midfield, we stuck with exactly the same lineup on the right expecting similar results.

You will all have noticed this quite obviously by observing that most of our attempts came from the left. A side where we were not able to play Coman from the start so were stuck with Ribery, who despite the shortcomings were sending some outstanding, but unnoticed balls to the far post to where we would expect Kimmich, Goretzka or Müller to show up and finish.

We could've played asymmetrically by putting full power on the left (Ribery in my eyes were enough, but for the sceptics Gnabry could have played there too) and outlet on the right (could have played Goretzka in the traditional Müller role which he does so well, giving him license to do that by having Boateng exert control on the right a bit more). For God's sake, that's how we played most of 2012 and 2013.

Instead we were stuck with complete failure on the right, which made it far easier for Liverpool to defend the left and Lewandowski isolated.

A person with any half-decent football brain could've thought of this. Means our coach doesn't have it. 
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Effenberg777 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:14 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:I don't want to hear anything about how great the Bundesliga teams are playing, how much talent Germany is producing, how Seria A is shit, how playing in France is bad, because they suck. Spurs trashed Dortmund and Liverpool finishing Bayern in the Alianz Arena. The World Cup was enough proof of that.

German football is done out here.

Hahaha
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League